Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

APB: What Might Have Been

The APB-Reloaded Website has an illustrated sneak peek of the territory that will eventually become the Third District in the upcoming APB: All Points Bulletin reboot. They also say they're closer to announcing plans for "premium and leased" weapons, and cap things off with a lengthy post by designer Zak "Qwentle" Littwin on things that should have been different in the original version of the game that gives a greater sense of their outlook on the game.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 19:15 warmbluelasers

sir wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 17:55:
Essentially, it will be a legalized version of those "free" private WoW servers, where you splash out real money to buy imbalanced virtual weapons to pwn the nubs. It'll be great.

Hey, people pay upwards for $30 for hacks. Why not just cut out the middle man? Who needs gear for skills when you can do money for skills.

Jobless noobs won't know what hit 'em.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 17:55 sir

Essentially, it will be a legalized version of those "free" private WoW servers, where you splash out real money to buy imbalanced virtual weapons to pwn the nubs. It'll be great.  

7. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 17:35 Trooper119

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 14:00:
As a player I care about my experience first and foremost, their ability to generate income should not affect the balance of the game.

Ignoring the fact that your assuming the weapons and other for sale items will be better then the alternatives which nothing says they will or will not at this point.

I wasn't commenting on balance, I was commenting on how ridiculously common the practice is to have pay-for weapons and it not occurring is a pleasant surprise and not something you'd be surprised at and get mad over.

Your probably right at and they may have imbalanced weapons, but that wasn't what I was commenting on.

Please refer to DokterBeefcake's post for any other questions or concerns.

6. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 14:21 warmbluelasers

Welcome to Free To Play. Enjoy your stay.  

5. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 14:00 Verno

Trooper119 wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 12:55:
They're getting rid of the p2p license, how else are they going to make money? This is pretty standard fair at this rate, not sure what else you were expecting.

As a player I care about my experience first and foremost, their ability to generate income should not affect the balance of the game.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 13:53 Ozmodan

A pvp game where the good weapons are leased or purchased makes skill a secondary attribute. I just hate games where people buy their way to success. Even sounds dirty.  

3. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 13:18 Creston

So it's going to boil down not to who is the better player, but who spent more money on their weapons? That sounds like an absolutely fantastic winning formula.

The reboot is going to last even less than the original clusterfuck of a release.

Creston

2. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 12:55 Trooper119

They're getting rid of the p2p license, how else are they going to make money? This is pretty standard fair at this rate, not sure what else you were expecting.  

1. Re: APB: What Might Have Been Feb 7, 2011, 11:41 Verno

They also say they're closer to announcing plans for "premium and leased" weapons

What might have been sounds like shit if premium weapons are any indication.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo