Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of top-selling titles on Steam for the week:

1. Dead Space 2
  2. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
  3. Magicka
  4. Two Worlds II
  5. DC Universe Online
  6. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  7. King Arthur: Complete Pack
  8. Global Agenda
  9. Breach
  10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Dead Space II Feb 7, 2011, 09:07 Verno

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 07:16:
I played Dead Space 2 the way I played the first..slow. What are you guys doing, running through it?

Nah, I get the complaints. I tried to play it slow but it is simply a much faster paced game. This is probably due to the change from a more claustrophobic environment to wider open areas. I think they made a mistake in bringing back so many of the same necromorphs too, much of the game is a known quantity and doesn't hold any suspense for the player who has been there, done that before. Many of the newer enemies are poorly designed one off affairs. The exploding babies and the pack in particular. At least the raptors are both interestingly designed and effective at combat.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 7, 2011, 08:45 kimbambaman

It's the EU one. The US one hasn't been released yet.

Huh? I just bought Two Worlds II at my local KMart last Friday. The 360 version was $40 there. Also available on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/7520/

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

16. Re: Dead Space II Feb 7, 2011, 07:16 Dmitri_M

I played Dead Space 2 the way I played the first..slow. What are you guys doing, running through it?  

15. Re: Dead Space II Feb 7, 2011, 07:13 Dades

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 20:56:
In my humble opinion Dead Space 2 only really "started" at the end - that was the damn most intense end sequence i have ever played (that was the only time I ever actually felt in danger!). But the path until there was rather... not scary.

And as awesome a cinematic experience DS2 was, i think it blew all its powder with DS1. There just wasn't anything new.... i wish they had pushed the outbreak WAY WAY back and only shown us unique very low count extremely deadly monsters until half-way in, maybe even make us believe we could stop the outbreak on the sprawl.

Instead right at the start DS2 basically deteriorates into an 3rd person action shooter. The only time my heart rate increased was once they pulled the invincible monster out (that entire part, eye piercing and all was incredibly intense) But everything before, was meh.

Dead Space 1 is Alien to Dead Space 2's Aliens. One is a more atmospheric horror movie with a sci-fi setting, the other is an action film that happens to have aliens in it. Dead Space 2 is still a good game but I much prefer the slower pace and atmosphere of Dead Space. The second game lacks a lot of audiologs that the first had too.

14. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 7, 2011, 00:48 Creston

Gymper wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 16:46:
GoGamer has Two Worlds II onsale for $29.90 for the next 48 hrs. http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=118673532&extid=Feb0411

Does anyone know if this is the US or EU release? The box cover looks like the EU. It's a good deal, but I'm in the US and had problems with EU games in the past.

It's the EU one. The US one hasn't been released yet.

Edit : Bumpy beat me to it. And yeah, the -I is a dead giveaway.

Creston

13. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 21:25 Bumpy

Gymper wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 16:46:
GoGamer has Two Worlds II onsale for $29.90 for the next 48 hrs. http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=118673532&extid=Feb0411

Does anyone know if this is the US or EU release? The box cover looks like the EU. It's a good deal, but I'm in the US and had problems with EU games in the past.

Its the EU version. The I stands for Import.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 21:01 Sepharo

I keep getting Breach and Brink initially confused.

How many B* FPS do we need?

Breach
Brink
Bulletstorm
Bad Company 2
Black Ops
Battlefield 3

11. Dead Space II Feb 6, 2011, 20:56 eRe4s3r

In my humble opinion Dead Space 2 only really "started" at the end - that was the damn most intense end sequence i have ever played (that was the only time I ever actually felt in danger!). But the path until there was rather... not scary.

And as awesome a cinematic experience DS2 was, i think it blew all its powder with DS1. There just wasn't anything new.... i wish they had pushed the outbreak WAY WAY back and only shown us unique very low count extremely deadly monsters until half-way in, maybe even make us believe we could stop the outbreak on the sprawl.

Instead right at the start DS2 basically deteriorates into an 3rd person action shooter. The only time my heart rate increased was once they pulled the invincible monster out (that entire part, eye piercing and all was incredibly intense) But everything before, was meh.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 20:30 Bucky

Monday Night Combat is a blast, though it requires a shift in gameplay thinking. From what I've seen, few people that start out with it have any experience with DotA-style gameplay; meaning they focus more on killing each other than lane pushing, tactical engagements, and base defense.

The assassin is a perfect example of this. A new player will use it purely as a pro-killer, while a good player will use it for it's primary funtion: lane pushing. She's also fairly adept at dropping base defenses, and then there's always the option of picking off the lone pro that's too ripe a target to pass up.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 20:26 JaguarUSF

Sacrifex wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 20:01:
Considering the reviews of both, I'm very sad to see Breach outselling Monday Night Combat.

I like Breach more than Monday Night Combat.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 20:08 Jerykk

Breach is a military shooter. Military shooters sell more by default.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 20:01 Sacrifex

Considering the reviews of both, I'm very sad to see Breach outselling Monday Night Combat.  

6. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 19:50 Jerykk

If you play Dead Space 2, I highly recommend playing it on Zealot difficulty. Normal difficulty is ridiculously easy and turns you into a damage sponge. On Zealot, you get killed in 1-2 hits by most enemies, making the game far more intense. Apparently ammo and health are far more rare on Zealot as well, though I never really found myself short on either until the last quarter of the game.  

5. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 19:09 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 6, 2011, 17:38:
its 3rd person only, and yeah, you gotta stare at his back side the whole time.. just stare elsewhere

They could at least give us female characters if they're going to force asscams on us all the time.

4. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 17:38 eRe4s3r

its 3rd person only, and yeah, you gotta stare at his back side the whole time.. just stare elsewhere  

3. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 17:32 Grendle

Looks interesting. Does anyone know if its third person only? I'd rather not stare at some guys back the whole game.  

2. Re: Two Worlds II Feb 6, 2011, 16:46 Gymper

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 6, 2011, 16:30 xXBatmanXx

Should be able to finish up Dead Space 1 in one more setting of about 4 hours - then moving to DS2. Can't wait!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo