Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Japanese Homefront Censorship

Wired.com has word on plans to censor out references to North Korea and the country's Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il from Homefront, Kaos Studios' upcoming shooter based on a North Korean invasion of the United States of America. They translate a portion of the Japanese website of localizer Spike saying the attackers will be referred to as "A Certain Country to the North," headed up by the "Northern Leader." They say this is to comply with guidelines of the Japanese Computer Entertainment Rating Organization, as they apparently have regulations against references to actual persons and places. Thanks Darth Guybrush.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 6, 2011, 00:57 WyldKat

Teddy wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 19:42:
But... it's an invasion of the United States in the game, and now it's an invasion by "a certain country to the north".

DAMN CANADIANS.

No, Sir! I WILL NOT drink my milk from a bag, NO SIR!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 22:10 necrosis

Teddy wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 19:42:
But... it's an invasion of the United States in the game, and now it's an invasion by "a certain country to the north".

DAMN CANADIANS.
Man I havent laughed my ass off to a Blues News comment in a while. LOL

6. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 21:40 Golwar

And I thought Canada had a successful long term plan. I mean, just watch the US economy & debts. Climate change should hurt Canada less than others too, if not even benefit them. And almost everyone likes or at least ignores them. I'd keep those mounties where they are ... for now.  

5. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 20:58 Kosumo

Mounties on bear back? (either brokeback mountain or the wild grizzly bear kind)

That's scary Anxious

4. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 20:10 space captain

mounties are somewhat frightening  
Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 19:53 osage no onna

They're just sitting there, looking all harmless and progressive, biding their time, and when you least expect it BAM mountie death squads swarming across the border.  

2. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 19:42 Teddy

DAMN CANADIANS.

1. Re: Japanese Homefront Censorship Feb 5, 2011, 17:47 Hump

God forbid they name that degenerate little sociopath by name who's been threatening Japan with annihilation for years.

Mustn't offend.....oh no.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo