Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Earthrise Launches

Masthead Studios announces the launch of Earthrise, their post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG. Word is: "Earthrise is available for purchase digitally at www.play-earthrise.com and through select distribution partners. Players who buy the game from the official site (www.play-earthrise.com) will receive the special Exemplar Armor Set, manufactured in the very nanoforges of Masthead Studios." Here's a bit on the game:

Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG set in the distant future. Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives players countless options to forge their destiny through its sandbox-style game mechanics. Whether a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Continoma and the Noir, a criminal hiding from the law, or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, players’ actions will echo throughout the game world. Visit www.play-earthrise.com to learn more.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 6, 2011, 09:44 eRe4s3r

Situated in Bulgaria and "assisting Interplay in the development of their Fallout universe-based MMOG"  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 23:12 Teal'c SG:1

I tried to create an account and the password system is down. The password recovery tool is not working. even if i wanted to i could not buy this game.

I have a hard time believing this game is actually real. they launch on a Friday with no weekend support. are you shiting me. this smells like a credit card fishing stunt.
where are these guys situated ??

23. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 15:13 wtf_man

Heh... and some people wonder why Bethesda is suing Interplay over the Fallout MMO rights.

*shakes head*

22. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 13:10 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 12:08:
Anonymous wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 11:08:
I miss Ultima Online. That game had a depth of immersion that no MMO ever since has achieved.

If anyone's interested, there's a new free server coming out Feb 11'th called IPY 2.0. It has a shitload of new, customized content and is supposed to be the best free server ever made.

www.azaroth.org

Once the server is up, you can download the appropriate UO files for free.

Somehow I doubt that that's really legal.

Counting down 'till EA's lawyers shut it down... 5... 4... 3...

Creston

They have a website that's semi-professional so it must be legal.

That being said, UO was great because UO was new and different. The graphics were appropriate for its time, etc...

Nowadays, there's no way it would hold most people's attention.

21. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 12:19 The Half Elf

I'd settle for Ultima 7 remake, hell could even use the Oblivion/Fallout Engine.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 12:16 eRe4s3r

I'd want to play Ultima Online... like, offline, SP like. Anyway to do that? Yes, without "online" Humans anywere, besides me of course. Guessing i need some sort of server emulator?

But thats somehow illegal too right? ;/ Probably a weird thing to ask heh.

19. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 12:08 Creston

Anonymous wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 11:08:
I miss Ultima Online. That game had a depth of immersion that no MMO ever since has achieved.

If anyone's interested, there's a new free server coming out Feb 11'th called IPY 2.0. It has a shitload of new, customized content and is supposed to be the best free server ever made.

www.azaroth.org

Somehow I doubt that that's really legal.

Counting down 'till EA's lawyers shut it down... 5... 4... 3...

Creston

18. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 11:56 Jonny

Isn't Ultima Online still active, recently expanded and still requires purchasing and a sub to play?  

17. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 11:08 Lit_Reflex001

www.azaroth.org

16. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 09:37 Fibrocyte

DokterBeefcake wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 09:24:
Prez wrote on Feb 5, 2011, 04:24:
I hate every MMO and wish they would all die a quick death. No coin-flipping for me!

You don't like paying $15/mo for a second job?

At least he can get employment. What do you do with that feeble mind of yours?

15. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 09:24 warmbluelasers

I hate every MMO and wish they would all die a quick death. No coin-flipping for me!

You don't like paying $15/mo for a second job?

14. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 09:00 ibm

Dark and Light part 2.  

13. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 08:49 Tehol

Amen.

12. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 04:24 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

11. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 03:13 mag

It looks like any other MMO. How do you guys decide which ones you'll fellate and which ones you'll throw under the bus? Do you, like, all get together and flip a coin?  

10. Re: Earthrise Launches Feb 5, 2011, 02:35 El Pit

Annex wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 20:35:
It launched unfinished, which means either theyre out of cash or trying to get it out of the way while they work with Interplay on Fallout Online.

THESE guys are working with the remaining one employee of Interplay on Fallout Online? Yeah, that makes sense.

I don't care about the legal issues, I want a WORKING and GOOD Fallout MMORPG. And that means that Interplay has to lose the rights to do it. Especially if they're "working" with these guys.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

9. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 5, 2011, 01:29 eRe4s3r

I don't find that odd - its a startup and their startup product is a MMO I'd be surprised if the servers didn't crash on release day, and reading the forums they did indeed crash.....

So all is as expected

8. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 5, 2011, 00:40 zincthallinide

I find it odd that they are releasing retail and yet they only have one gameplay video, and it's from beta.  

7. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 5, 2011, 00:36 eRe4s3r

Confusing how it can have such high art quality and trailer quality but such hilariously bad beta gameplay. Another Investor throwing thousands of $ in the void.  

6. Re: Earthrise Intro Trailer Feb 4, 2011, 22:57 Snozzle

Earthfall?  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo