Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row 3 in Autumn

Eurogamer has word from the THQ earnings conference call to expect Saints Row 3 in autumn of this year (spring down under). They quote THQ CEO Brian Farrell saying: "Volition is setting a new bar for this outstanding franchise and we look forward to unveiling this game in the near future."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 4, 2011, 12:50 Narf2029

I'm open to other possibilities. Since it is the biggest change it is a logical conclusion however, especially when I have enough other games to play that I didn't spend more than an hour on trying to fix it.

edit: Damn it, it was the Aero desktop screwing it up. I'm kind of mad at myself that I didn't think of that weeks ago. However, it was Win 7's fault, from a certain point of view.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 4, 2011, 04:49 StingingVelvet

Narf2029 wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 22:11:
Stopped running after I upgraded to 7. Ran great in XP. Hasn't worked once in 7 though. I'm reinstalling it in Steam now, though I kinda expected it to be done by now since I left it going all day but eh. I did update my device drivers immediately after I got 7 up and running so maybe that's a factor. If it had finished earlier like I was planning I could get an error code but amazingly it still has several hours to go.

Most people quickly jump to blame the OS when it has nothing to do with the problem. The game not running at all for you had nothing to do with Windows 7.

20. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 22:11 Narf2029

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 13:54:
Narf2029 wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 13:49:
What mod is this? I know about the mod that fixes the speed issue but I can't even get the game to launch anymore.

That sounds like a driver update related issue, SR2 runs on Windows 7 just fine, I thought you meant the speed bug. When did it stop running for you?

Stopped running after I upgraded to 7. Ran great in XP. Hasn't worked once in 7 though. I'm reinstalling it in Steam now, though I kinda expected it to be done by now since I left it going all day but eh. I did update my device drivers immediately after I got 7 up and running so maybe that's a factor. If it had finished earlier like I was planning I could get an error code but amazingly it still has several hours to go.

19. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 20:22 webname

hope it has "working" multiplayer coop ;2 has some real annoying bugs for
the sap who connects as client , especially when driving. Apart from that enjoyed what we played of it.

18. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 16:39 xXBatmanXx

These are console games. Plays like crap on PC.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 14:28 space captain

awesome

yeh i thought SR2 was way more fun than GTA4, engine ran alot smoother too.. on console for both

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 14:25 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 13:54:
What mod is this? I know about the mod that fixes the speed issue but I can't even get the game to launch anymore.

That sounds like a driver update related issue, SR2 runs on Windows 7 just fine, I thought you meant the speed bug. When did it stop running for you?

Yeah, I played the game on Windows 7 from the day it launched with no issues other than the speed bug. Glad to hear there is a fix for that, maybe I will play the game again someday.

15. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 14:08 stingray

I thoroughly enjoyed SR2 and I'm still disappointed at the way PC gamers got treated, so I don't know if I'll get to enjoy the sequel.  

14. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:54 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

13. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:49 Elf Shot The Food

These games are pretty fun. I played the heck out of the second one.

And even though I put in 50+ hours on the Xbox version of SR2, I couldn't resist picking up the PC version for $2 when I saw it in a bin at a bargain store.

12. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:49 Narf2029

11. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:43 Verno

There's a mod to make it run on Windows 7. THQ basically gave the community the middle finger and said there would never be a patch unfortunately because "it didnt sell well". I notice that doesn't stop them from dumping it on every DD store known to man however. Tangentially related to the "PC gamers are negative" perception as perhaps one of the reasons  

10. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:41 Narf2029

I can't even get SR2 to run ever since I upgraded to Win 7. That made me give in and buy a used copy for the 360. I found it to be way better on PC but I'm not reformatting my drive a fourth time this year to put an XP partition on heh. Here's hoping they take the PC port seriously this time around.  

9. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:19 Bumpy

Funny thing is, SR3 will probably run better than the abortion that was SR2. SSD and oc'ed to 4.1Ghz still can't run SR2 smoothly when driving.

Or maybe there won't even be a PC version?

8. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 13:05 darjeeling

Actually, pretty much all the issues with the THQ PC release were fixed by the community. Idolninja has collected many of the mods up, and added a lot of new content (outfits, vehicles, even new missions), and released them as the Gentlemen of the Row mod. I've been playing v1.8 for the last little while, and it's a blast. Never tried unpatched SR2 though, but I understand there's quite a few performance issues there.

One nice thing is if you're playing with a controller, you can download a version of the mod that changes the key prompts to match your PC/XBOX360/PS3. It's a self-installing patch, and works with Steam. Easy.

Download it here:

http://www.idolninja.com

7. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 12:34 Rosco

JoeNapalm wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 10:43:
For some reason, the first one made me terribly motion sick.

I'm guessing, but maybe the field of view (FOV)? I had the same thing happen to me with Half-Life 2 at first, then I found out the FOV was too narrow, once corrected I no longer had that problem.

Consoles are schwag.

6. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 11:35 Verno

Really looking forward to it.  

5. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:58 Rilcon

First two are good fun if you prefer the over the top-ness of GTA3:SA instead of the (relative) srsbsns of GTAIV. Hopefully the PC version will feel better than SR2, that had some annoying performance issues on my system :-/  

4. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:43 JoeNapalm

For some reason, the first one made me terribly motion sick.

I generally have the titanium stomach of a TIE fighter pilot, so I'm not sure what caused it...never had that problem with GTA.

Never tried the second one.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

3. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:40 Creston

I never really got into the first one (I missed the seriousness and awesome story of GTA), and never tried the second one, sad to say.

But with no new GTA anywhere in sight, I'll definitely check the third one out.

Creston

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo