Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis II System Requirements

The German Crysis Facebook Page now offers minimum system requirements for Crysis II, Crytek's upcoming first-person shooter sequel (thanks Gamer's Hell). Here's a translation:

• Internet connection to play for the installation of the game and get online
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2Ghz or better
  • 2 GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: 9 GB
  • DVD ROM: 8x
  • GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512Mb RAM, ATI 3850HD 512Mb RAM or better
  • Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
  • Keyboard, Mouse or the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 3, 2011, 03:29 Jerykk

They do start shooting at you if you shoot an unslienced weapon anywhere near them, even in the bushes or when cloaked, but if you pay attention they do not shoot RIGHT at you, they sort of spray and pray the general area you are in, which makes perfect sense.

I just wish they would do that with silenced weapons too. Basically, the AI only shoots at you if they see you or hear you. If they don't see or hear you, they don't know how to act. A trained soldier would fall back to cover and lay suppressing fire in the most likely direction of the enemy (based on the estimated trajectory of incoming fire). An easy experiment is to equip a silenced SCAR, hide behind a rock, activate cloak, lean around the corner of the rock, wait until no enemies are facing you, then shoot one in the back of the head. The AI will just stand there like idiots when they should be running for cover and trying to suppress you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 3, 2011, 02:49 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 02:18:
People have different standards. To me, running "maxed" means running at 1920x1080, max detail settings, 8XAA, 16XAF, all at a constant 60+ FPS. There are no rigs out there that can run Crysis and meet those requirements.

I assume many people consider maxed to be a playable framerate with all the settings on they care about, which you're right is not maxed really. I have a pretty beefy computer but I only get 45fps or so in Crysis with most stuff on max but some on high, and that's without v-synch.

But you're right, Metro 2033 is even more demanding than Crysis.

That's pretty much the only game I saw much of a difference with when I got my GTX 480. Went from barely playable on medium to pretty smooth on high. The ultra setting or whatever is impossible though.

It depends entirely on how you played the game. If you played Crysis as a pure shooter, the AI was decent. If you played it as a stealth game and relied on cloaking and silenced weapons, the AI was retarded, especially compared to the AI in pure stealth games.

I played it through run n' gun style on normal and then I played to the aliens on delta as a sneaky stealth dude. I thought the AI was good in both.

I actually just loaded up Warhead tonight and played the first level as a test... AI seemed good to me. When I quickly uncloaked and head-shot a guy, then cloaked again, the enemies sort of looked around for me all confused. When I didn't re-cloak they started shooting at me, but only because they turned to see their dead friend and I was right there.

They do start shooting at you if you shoot an unslienced weapon anywhere near them, even in the bushes or when cloaked, but if you pay attention they do not shoot RIGHT at you, they sort of spray and pray the general area you are in, which makes perfect sense.

Anyway, I agree with the general praise of the AI in Crysis that most reviewers gave.

26. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 3, 2011, 02:18 Jerykk

I never understood why everyone thinks Crysis is such a huge system killer. You want something that sends systems to their knees? Play Call of Pripyat or Metro 2033. I ran Crysis one on two machines, one was top of the line and ran it maxed while the other was a single core 3ghz machine with 2GB of ram and a Geforce 7800...and it ran it solidly at low settings. (Still looked semi decent too)

People have different standards. To me, running "maxed" means running at 1920x1080, max detail settings, 8XAA, 16XAF, all at a constant 60+ FPS. There are no rigs out there that can run Crysis and meet those requirements.

But you're right, Metro 2033 is even more demanding than Crysis. Not sure why you mentioned Call of Pripyat, as it has pretty low requirements and runs fine and dandy on mid-range machines. Clear Sky with maxed out DX10 settings, on the other hand, runs like ass.

It's funny how so many reviews talked about how great the AI was in Crysis yet so many people say it was terrible. I think there is a sharp divide among people as to what constitutes good AI.

It depends entirely on how you played the game. If you played Crysis as a pure shooter, the AI was decent. If you played it as a stealth game and relied on cloaking and silenced weapons, the AI was retarded, especially compared to the AI in pure stealth games.

25. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 20:45 warmbluelasers

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 20:08:
Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you was paid to because you are so insightful.

Everyone's a shill.

Except for me.

And let me tell you, you want this car. I mean game. Yeah.

24. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 20:08 StingingVelvet

nutshell42 wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 15:27:
The divide is between people who are paid by the publisher to write a sycophantic hagiography and those who actually paid money to play that POS. It's not limited to Crysis.

Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you was paid to because you are so insightful.

23. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 20:08 LazyCat

Since the game is really built for consoles, their specs are rather low, so hence the pc specs are low.
It usually the cruddy port job to pc that makes games need extra power to overcome sloppy programming.

22. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 19:40 Icewind

I never understood why everyone thinks Crysis is such a huge system killer. You want something that sends systems to their knees? Play Call of Pripyat or Metro 2033. I ran Crysis one on two machines, one was top of the line and ran it maxed while the other was a single core 3ghz machine with 2GB of ram and a Geforce 7800...and it ran it solidly at low settings. (Still looked semi decent too)

They've already said on their forums last year that the machine needed to run Crysis 2 will be a little weaker than what it needed to be to run Crysis 1. They've said this is due to it being better optimized. The thread said if you could run Crysis 1 then you'll run Crysis 2 on the same machine and it'll move a little faster...that's it.

21. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 18:25 finga

What it's looking like is that Crysis 2 has only a few visual upgrades over the first game - possibly at a cost in performance - but that they worked mostly on scalability for older hardware. It's perfectly possible for a game to run on 360/PS3 and still look amazing on PC, but it does take a ton of work in creating that scalability. Support for DX9 and DX11 would be necessary, with a range of texture sizes and tweak-able effects. What I'd like to see from Crysis 2 on PC is access to all of those little command line tweaks in some kind of super-advanced UI.  

20. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 16:09 banddirector

nutshell42 wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:25:
I want a single player demo. Some of you might call me crazy but what ruined Crysis I for me was the ridiculous AI behavior.
You could stand 30ft in front of an enemy, in plain sight and he wouldn't see you (no stealth), but the moment you fired one shot every enemy in a 10mi radius would immediately know your location with pinpoint accuracy, even if you were hidden in the deepest jungle. The gunboats were even worse.

I'm replaying Crysis right now, and the only beef I have with the AI is that I can lower myself to the prone position, shoot a KPA soldier using my silenced rifle, and the others around him can't see me because I'm (uncloaked) in the prone position. I've also noticed that when they *do* see me (finally!) they have a much harder time hitting me when I'm prone.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

19. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 15:27 nutshell42

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:53:
Gunshots are pretty loud... people standing in the woods even at medium distance are pretty obscured.

I said "plain sight" and I meant it. I stood in the middle of the road. And I didn't say that enemies shouldn't realize you're there, I said that it's ridiculous that they suddenly know your exact location.
It's the same with the gunboats. If even a square inch of your body (and I'm not exaggerating) is exposed through the foliage it will start shooting at you from miles away. It's completely ridiculous. You're sneaking through the underbrush, sometimes the moving leaves will expose some part of your skin and the gunboats will start shooting, then you're hidden again and they forget about you. The soldiers at the checkpoint right in front of you don't give a fsck, though.

It's funny how so many reviews talked about how great the AI was in Crysis yet so many people say it was terrible. I think there is a sharp divide among people as to what constitutes good AI.

The divide is between people who are paid by the publisher to write a sycophantic hagiography and those who actually paid money to play that POS. It's not limited to Crysis.

18. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 15:02 Dalumberjack

it says minimum requirements guys. you would need these hardware requirements just to be able to play which isn't too bad. We should be more interested in the suggested or recommended requirements for the game.  
I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq

17. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 13:52 GeneralAdmission

Minimum sysreqs for Crysis essentially meant "Game won't instantly CTD upon launch with XYZ hardware". Over time it's become obvious to me that while CryEngine 2 has some amazing tech, it seriously lacks in the performance optimization department. When I upgraded from 8800GTS->5850 last year nearly all of my games got moderate to fantastic performance increases--some close to 2x faster. Crysis barely managed a 10-15% boost.

I honestly hope Crysis II has made some real improvements, but I'll be waiting for proof.

16. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 13:07 Mostly_Harmless

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:51:
I'm still running a 2006 8800GTX. Playing Dead Space 2 without any slowdown. A current "triple a" title running well on a 5 year old graphics card.

Ditto here, my system is 3 1/2 years old and aside from adding more ram and a bigger HD it's not been upgraded. I have not felt the need when my rig will comfortably run any game that the current generation of consoles can handle.

15. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:53 StingingVelvet

nutshell42 wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:25:
I want a single player demo. Some of you might call me crazy but what ruined Crysis I for me was the ridiculous AI behavior.
You could stand 30ft in front of an enemy, in plain sight and he wouldn't see you (no stealth), but the moment you fired one shot every enemy in a 10mi radius would immediately know your location with pinpoint accuracy, even if you were hidden in the deepest jungle. The gunboats were even worse.
It completely ruined immersion for me. How can you feel like a spec-ops guy when realistic behavior was completely and utterly pointless.

Gunshots are pretty loud... people standing in the woods even at medium distance are pretty obscured.

14. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:51 Dmitri_M

Bucky wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:39:
I can't really say I'm surprised. Cross-platform support has meant that requirements have been held down for some time now. My rig just passed the 2 year old mark, which in days gone by would have been ancient and barely adequate to play the latest crop of games. All I've done is upgrade the vid card once (to a 5850) and otherwise I haven't found a game yet that's really pushed my system.

I'm still running a 2006 8800GTX. Playing Dead Space 2 without any slowdown. A current "triple a" title running well on a 5 year old graphics card.

13. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:25 nutshell42

It completely ruined immersion for me. How can you feel like a spec-ops guy when realistic behavior was completely and utterly pointless.

12. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:17 Bucky

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:45:
yeah thats why they are called "minimum" requirements

Woops, I read that as 'recommended' requirements for some reason. I stand corrected.

11. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:16 Bumpy

Wildone wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:52:
Nope its consolized..

Maybe. I'm trying to stay positive and hope it will be at least equal or better than the first two games.

10. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 12:04 StingingVelvet

ASJD wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:52:
PHJF wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 11:49:
The game looks like shit on 360.

Gaming must be very unsatisfying for you.

It really does though, no AA and texture pop-in out the ass. It's certainly reason to be happy to be a PC gamer.

9. Re: Crysis II System Requirements Feb 2, 2011, 11:52 Wildone

Nope its consolized..  

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo