Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Line of Defense Announced

3000 AD announces (Adobe Acrobat-format) Line of Defense, a science fiction MMOG that's slated to launch later this year featuring two opposing sides waging war on land and in space. The Line of Defense Website is online, offering some screenshots and a FAQ with system requirements, details on gameplay, and this explanation of the game's business model in answer to a question whether there's a monthly fee: "No. However, the game will have a hybrid model which supports both a F2P (Free To Play) and a premium model. In both cases, the game client will be released as a free download." Here's a bit more on what to expect:

Featuring twitched based pure PvP mayhem with various character progressions, classes, abilities and attributes, all set in a massive open persistent game world, experience the future of sci-fi warfare as you've never seen it before. Especially not of this scale and scope.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 3, 2011, 04:33 xXBatmanXx

Don't try and turn this around. We all know who you are - you will never change. It wasn't long ago YOU were the one looking for a 'mark'. Some new leaf or life changing event? *rollseyes* Oh wait - pushing your product. I see.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 11:18  dsmart 

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 10:04:
dsmart wrote:

I meant it when I said it. And only returned because steps were taken to curb the antics of the anti-social misfits who troll the forums looking for a mark.

Maybe you should look at your life and try to recall the numbers of times you've said that you wouldn't do something, then go right ahead and do it anyway. And vice versa.

It always so nice to point the finger isn't it? Must be nice.

jfc...that was quick...I likened your statement about not posting here anymore to ragequitting in a game...which all of us have done at some point. I even put smilies in it for effect...you apparently missed the point that I was making...

I had no problems with your post. I only quoted it in order to keep my response in context.

And yes, the ragequit reference was actually appropriate as used.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

23. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 11:17 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 09:36:
I meant it when I said it. And only returned because steps were taken to curb the antics of the anti-social misfits who troll the forums looking for a mark.

That was me. It was related to a problem that happened over a decade ago, which, I might add, was resolved (though I know many probably copied the post for posterity). Do you still consider me a "anti-social misfit troll"?

22. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 10:04 grudgebearer

dsmart wrote:

Maybe you should look at your life and try to recall the numbers of times you've said that you wouldn't do something, then go right ahead and do it anyway. And vice versa.

jfc...that was quick...I likened your statement about not posting here anymore to ragequitting in a game...which all of us have done at some point. I even put smilies in it for effect...you apparently missed the point that I was making...

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

21. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 09:36  dsmart 

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 09:31:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 22:20:
I am far to lazy to go an find it - but I could of swore you said you would never post here again....I am disappointed.

I blame Advocate....

Yeah...I was in that thread

Oct 16, 2009, 13:27 dsmart
"...Today marks the very last day that I post here. Life's too short and I simply can't be bothered anymore..."

People say all kinds of things when they are mad...sometimes they even ragequit gaming forums

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

20. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 09:31 grudgebearer

I am far to lazy to go an find it - but I could of swore you said you would never post here again....I am disappointed.

I blame Advocate....

Yeah...I was in that thread

Oct 16, 2009, 13:27 dsmart
"...Today marks the very last day that I post here. Life's too short and I simply can't be bothered anymore..."

People say all kinds of things when they are mad...sometimes they even ragequit gaming forums

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

19. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 23:43 Kxmode

The Advocate wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 22:26:
I blame Advocate....

Me, Bats?

What'd I do?

Or am I hallucinating again in my feverish state?

*presses a hypospray up to Advocate's neck* "Angels and ministers of grace defend us." *rolls eyes*

18. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 23:40 Kxmode

dsmart wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 20:29:
kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 19:42:
dsmart wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 17:21:
Unless you're really truly hardcore, you need not bother. It's like Eve. On steroids.

I always thought EVE was on steroids.

Nah. They're into that synthetic stuff over there. We're piping the real deal.

"You've been drinking too much of that artificial stuff. What do you call it? Synthehol? Spoiled you. Ruined your palate."

17. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 22:26 Burrito of Peace

I blame Advocate....

Me, Bats?

What'd I do?

Or am I hallucinating again in my feverish state?

16. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 22:20 xXBatmanXx

I blame Advocate....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 20:29  dsmart 

kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 19:42:
Unless you're really truly hardcore, you need not bother. It's like Eve. On steroids.

Nah. They're into that synthetic stuff over there. We're piping the real deal.

14. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 19:42 Kxmode

13. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 19:35  dsmart 

Massively has interview and a bunch of exclusive screen shots up.

12. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 18:30 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

You guys must have swamped the server as I can't connect to it.  
Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

11. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 17:21  dsmart 

grudgebearer wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 16:54:
So...this is a separate game from Galactic Command Online, correct?

Yes, we have two different MMO games in the works.

LOD is not the same scope (or features) as the much larger all encompassing game. It is a vastly smaller game, both in scale and scope. http://lodmmo.com

LOD, is like All Aspect Warfare, but is just a smaller scale, with much better visuals, has a small space component and is an MMO.

GCO is a behemoth. Thats putting it mildly. Basically it is an MMO game based on the Battlecruiser/Universal Combat type IP, complete with complexity and major niche. Unless you're really truly hardcore, you need not bother. It's like Eve. On steroids. With actual fps and planetary access. Without the spreadsheets. http://gcommo.com

10. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 16:54 grudgebearer

So...this is a separate game from Galactic Command Online, correct?

- Harlon Nayl

9. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 15:32  dsmart 

The Advocate wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 15:31:
Oh cool. Looking forward to trying it in open beta.

I am looking to start that early on so that we don't run into issues (technical, balancing etc) at launch. So hopefuly around the begining of Q3/2011 the public Beta should be well underway. I will of course give some keys to Blue to pass around.

8. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 15:31 Burrito of Peace

Oh cool. Looking forward to trying it in open beta.  

7. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 15:29  dsmart 

The Advocate wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 15:23:
Is the cel-shaded look from the screenshots due to wanting to have a lower point of entry to include older system and/or lower spec machines?

Not really, thats just the art style that I approved. We're not using cel shading at all.

Also, the color scheme in that base is for that continent only. The others (e.g. moderate are Greens with lush landscapes, grass, foliage etc, Artic is all snow, ice, some trees etc) are all different and so the color scheme for the objects have to be neutral enough for them to fit in since most of the units are used in all the bases on the continents.

There is an extensive FAQ on the site at http://lodmmo.com which has an entry about the system requirements.

6. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 15:23 Burrito of Peace

Is the cel-shaded look from the screenshots due to wanting to have a lower point of entry to include older system and/or lower spec machines?  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo