Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Move PC Support Planned?

The Game Developers Conference Website outlines a conference with a description suggesting that Sony plans on offering PC support for their Move motion controllers, saying: "This talk will bring developers up to speed on developing for the PlayStation Move controller. We will cover developing for the new PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter accessory. We will discuss the new Move Server project that will make it possible for academics and hobbyists to develop software using the PlayStation Move controller on their own PCs." Thanks Kotaku.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 2, 2011, 03:33 Tainted

necrosis wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 10:25:
SirKnight wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 22:49:
I don't like the PS3 controller. It's too small and hard/awkward to hold. It must have been made for kids or midgets. The 360 controller is 1000000x nicer to hold.

Move is awesome and I'd like to see it for the PC. I find move to be better than Kinect since you have motion AND buttons.
OK Hulk.

That's what I thought when I read that. The Playstation controller is perfection. I have 2 for my PS3 and an old PS2 controller I use with my PC.

Fantastic gamepads

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 1, 2011, 10:25 necrosis

SirKnight wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 22:49:
I don't like the PS3 controller. It's too small and hard/awkward to hold. It must have been made for kids or midgets. The 360 controller is 1000000x nicer to hold.

Move is awesome and I'd like to see it for the PC. I find move to be better than Kinect since you have motion AND buttons.
OK Hulk.

6. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 1, 2011, 09:56 kimbambaman

I guess I don't understand the appeal of this. Take into account how close you normally sit to a PC, and then imagine yourself waving a wand at the display that is 2 feet in front of you. It would be awkward and ridiculous. I guess I could see it if your PC was connected to your PC, but do a lot of people really do that?  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

5. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 1, 2011, 01:24 entr0py

Jonah14 wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 01:07:
This is Sony trying to manufacture interest in the Move.

No one told people to use Kinect with their PC. In fact, Microsoft tried to discourage it - then changed their mind when they saw what people were doing with it.

If no one was using the Wii remote with the PC, why would they want to do the Move? There's nothing that exciting about a glorified light gun.

You missed all of the PC Wiimote stuff? The response by researchers and enthusiasts was just as big with the Wiimote as it was with Kinect. Johnny Lee in particular came up with some very impressive hacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Third-party_use

http://johnnylee.net/projects/wii/

4. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Feb 1, 2011, 01:07 Jonah14

This is Sony trying to manufacture interest in the Move.

No one told people to use Kinect with their PC. In fact, Microsoft tried to discourage it - then changed their mind when they saw what people were doing with it.

If no one was using the Wii remote with the PC, why would they want to do the Move? There's nothing that exciting about a glorified light gun.

3. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Jan 31, 2011, 22:49 SirKnight

2. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Jan 31, 2011, 22:49 CommunistHamster

Does this mean we get official PC PS3EYE drivers? Because that's one hell of a webcam at that price point.  

1. Re: Move PC Support Planned? Jan 31, 2011, 21:26 necrosis

Sony you need to release official drivers to use the PS3 DS controller with PC.

Fuck Move.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo