Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Doom64 EX

The Doomworld Forums offer a changelog and downloads of version 2.0a of Doom64 EX, calling this a "Feedback Build" of this DOOM II modification. A post in the Steam Users' Forums points to a previous such project called Doom 64 Absolution explaining these efforts at reproducing a PC edition of N64 game Doom 64: "The Absolution was a TC where the author tried to recreate all the levels. It's mostly accurate. The man however is a Doom 64 nut, and has gone on to create an engine that literally uses a Doom 64 N64 rom to generate a wad, and with that you can play the game in near perfect accuracy." Thanks Ant.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 16:33 PHJF

Doom64 also looked like absolute shit compared to other N64 shooters. In fact, a lot of the earlier N64 shooters opted for fugly sprites before Goldeneye and Turok came along and set them straight.

Hexen, Duke 64 (the port of Duke3D, not the other one), Doom64...

Sprites! In this day and age!

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 11:30 FreonTrip

Ludomancer wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 00:15:
I was thinking the same... That's a lot of effort this guy has put in.

Um, was Doom64 something special? Or is he just a random nut?

Doom64 had colored lighting, new sprites and sound effects, an ambient soundtrack, and all-new levels, as well as a handful of new weapons. It's distinct from the other Doom titles in terms of its feel, and was really pretty damned good.

As for the project leader being a random nut, well, most people in the original Doom community have been at it for a really long time... A certain amount of eccentricity's to be expected.

6. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 09:43 reisub

Enjoying it a lot. Bit hard to see during the day though.  

5. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 08:50 VQBlade

A must have for Doom fans! Still gives me the hebejeebees!  

4. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 04:39 Icewind

I played Absolution a couple years back, still have it on this PC. Was a Doomsday mod basically, and a pretty good one at that.

3. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 02:02 ASJD

Doom64 was very different. That alone warrants some interest, I think.  

2. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 31, 2011, 00:15 Ludomancer

I was thinking the same... That's a lot of effort this guy has put in.

Um, was Doom64 something special? Or is he just a random nut?

1. Re: Doom64 EX Jan 30, 2011, 22:37 FreonTrip

This deserves more love than it's getting here. For anyone who ever wanted to play through Doom64 free of charge, with modern niceties like anisotropic filtering and antialiasing, this is the gold standard.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo