Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report on the ten bestselling games on Steam for the week:

1. Magicka
  2. Monday Night Combat
  3. DC Universe Online
  4. The Sims 3 Ultimate Bundle
  5. Breach
  6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  7. Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
  8. Dead Space
  9. Dragon Age II
  10. Counter-Strike: Source

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2011, 09:18 fatguy

I got Magicka and Monday Night Combat, I am enjoying both Breach seemed interesting but some reviews turned me away.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2011, 08:01 SpectralMeat

I've played the demo/trial of Breach on the Xbox because I couldn't find a demo on the PC. I sucked at the game pretty bad. Aiming with the controller is just a source of frustration nothing else. I really wish there was a demo for the PC. Magicka is an awesome game however, even though I do not like the medieval setting for any game this game entertains me. Gotta try some coop.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2011, 05:36 Jerykk

I'm sure it'll be on the charts next week. That said, with the new DRM and lack of DLC support, I don't expect it'll stay on the charts very long.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 31, 2011, 05:31 brn

Dead Space 2 didn't even chart? Yikes.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 30, 2011, 21:46 BicycleRepairMan

Yeah, that loading screen was pretty annoying. they should at least add a cancel/escape to lobby option for those failed connections..

I'm happy that an indie game sells well, and Breach has some potential. The cover system is kinda cool, but it was quite frustrating to get the hang of it, and I often felt stuck and/or suffering from involuntary movements, leaving me more exposed than I would be without it, which kinda defies the whole point. But when it worked, it.. worked.

I also sucked really hard at the game, and its pretty harsh for us newb/lousy players, as I often found myself wondering who the hell shot me and where they were.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 30, 2011, 20:37 JaguarUSF

I am more positive about Breach than most of the gaming press. I think the combination of detailed (individual bricks and planks, non-scripted unlike BC2) destructible cover and the cover system makes for a methodically paced alternative to CoD and Counter-Strike, and I like it. Unlocks take a really long time to get, but I never felt at a drastic disadvantage being a n00b like in BC2.

That said, the developer released dedicated server files Friday, and I haven't been able to play a game since: apparently, whenever somebody leaves a server it doesn't free up a spot for somebody else, leaving new potential players at a constant loading screen with only ALT+F4 to exit the game.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 30, 2011, 19:13 Jerykk

Giantbomb had a quicklook at Breach. It looked like a generic, low-budget military shooter.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 30, 2011, 18:56 Paketep

Glad to see those two at the top.

And even gladder to see no Call of Duty in the Top 10.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 30, 2011, 18:28 Prez

Even with the negative press surrounding it's state at release, Magicka wins the week again! Just goes to show how starved we PC gamers are for something a little fresh and innovative.

Also, anyone who has played it have any opinions on Breach?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo