Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brink in May

The Bethesda Blog has release information on upcoming titles, announcing Brink will be released in North America on May 17 and in Europe on May 20. Splash Damage's upcoming first-person shooter was announced with a spring 2010 release window, which was later revised to Fall 2010. No reason for the latest delay is offered.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Brink in May Jan 28, 2011, 08:10 SpectralMeat

It does look pretty cool : http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-10-brink/705431
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/a-choir-brink/709615

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Brink in May Jan 28, 2011, 05:01 Bucky

The RPS hands-on preview from awhile ago also does a good job at detailing all the 'I want' reasons: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/08/brunked-brink-impressions/  

13. Re: Brink in May Jan 28, 2011, 03:26 Jerykk

The actual combat looks pretty standard to me. Hitscan weapons, aim directly at enemies, rinse and repeat. The SMART system is a nice addition but it isn't going to fundamentally change the combat.  

12. Re: Brink in May Jan 28, 2011, 01:26 Sepharo

But once again it's a fun looking FPS with cool mechanics and a great art style but without deathmatch, like Bulletstorm. Admittedly this looks much better and the customization is great but what I really want is PvP not PvE.  

11. Re: Brink in May Jan 28, 2011, 00:50 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 16:20:
I have to ask, (honestly asking no sarcasm) what makes it a day 1 buy for you?

I love the art style, SMART system, customization options and the environment. Take a look at it on the official website. It's looks amazing. From everything I can see I'd call this a true next-gen FPS.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 16:31 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 14:20:
This has one been game I've been following closely and the first FPS in a very long time that is a must-buy for me. I'm going to be all over this like a fat kid on cake

Verno wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 14:33:
Day 1 for me man, the videos sold me alone. It's been forever since I wanted a multiplayer so badly on the PC.

I was forced to quote both for the +1.

The reason(s) it's a pre-order for me: True arcade style, infantry only multiplayer, as opposed to say, Black Ops, which tries to be both realism and arcade at the same time, IMO. Huge amounts of customization, and the SMART system. Also, Splash Damage has always made good multiplayer games that have never been quite 'there' for one reason or another; I think Brink is set to change that for them.

9. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 16:20 The Half Elf

I have to ask, (honestly asking no sarcasm) what makes it a day 1 buy for you?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 14:33 Verno

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:35:
If this had launched during a dead month there was a chance I would have grabbed it to mess around with it, but May is fucking packed for me. I'll wait and see with reviews and such.

Day 1 for me man, the videos sold me alone. It's been forever since I wanted a multiplayer so badly on the PC.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

7. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 14:20 Cutter

This has one been game I've been following closely and the first FPS in a very long time that is a must-buy for me. I'm going to be all over this like a fat kid on cake!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 14:17 Rhett

It looks so good and polished that I can endure a delay like that. Can't wait.  

5. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 12:57 xXBatmanXx

sweet!

I will be in need of an FPS by then.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 12:35 StingingVelvet

If this had launched during a dead month there was a chance I would have grabbed it to mess around with it, but May is fucking packed for me. I'll wait and see with reviews and such.  

3. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 12:20 ASeven

need to hear on type of dedicated servers and modtools before I think of purchasing. I have a feeling this game may become boring really fast without modtools or at least maptools to make new maps.  

2. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 12:17 spindoctor

Same release date as The Witcher 2.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

1. Re: Brink in May Jan 27, 2011, 11:34 Frijoles

Looks interesting, but I think I'll wait for reviews on this one.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo