Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Game Reviews Jan 28, 2011, 11:31 kanniballl

El Pit wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 00:18:
So, to play DC Universe Online, I need to turn my PC into a console? No, thanks.

You don't need to. Some of the posters on the forums say they're fine with the keyboard/mouse and like it more (for some reason). I guess left-click and right-click are the equivalent of the X and Y buttons. And the numbers on the keyboard represent that whole trigger/combo thing.

I'm fine with using a game pad on a PC. I would NOT want to for a FPS or RTS, but some games are fine.

Again, I'm not saying "OMG DCUO IS TEH WIN!"

I'm enjoying it a fair amount, though it's not one of my favorite games.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 28, 2011, 00:18 El Pit

So, to play DC Universe Online, I need to turn my PC into a console? No, thanks.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2011, 22:52 kanniballl

If you have something like the XBox 360 controller (which is similar to the PS3 controller) then it plays the same as the PS3. It mapped all of my XBox 360 controller automatically to the PS3 setup.
__Y
X___B
__A

Since I first learned how to play the game on the PS3 the learning curve was non-existant.

Hold down the left main trigger, then click the buttons A/B/X/Y for powers 1-4. Hold down the right main trigger, click A/B/X/Y for powers 5-6 and your 2 items.

WithOUT your triggers held...

X = melee skill
Y = ranged skill
A = jump, hold for flight
B = is interact
Small right-trigger = block.

etc

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2011, 11:33.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2011, 19:10 JohnBirshire

I bought a gamepad and am trying to play, but I'm very confused. There just simply isn't enough buttons on a gamepad to map all of the keys I need to use.

Powers 1-8
Melee attack, ranged attack.
Travel power.
Blocking.
Active.
etc etc.

Are you simply forced to sacrifice some abilities?

3. Re: 88%? DC Universe Online.... Jan 27, 2011, 17:10 JoeNapalm

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:24:
It's like Diablo on crack.

Holy mouse clicks, Birshman!

That's a lot of clicking.

Tempted. But a PS3-capable MMO makes me wary...very wary.

Don't suppose there's a free trial? [insert hysterical laughter]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

2. Re: 88%? DC Universe Online.... Jan 27, 2011, 14:43 kanniballl

That's why everyone recommends a gamepad for it. It plays quite well with one. Personally I love using the XBox 360 gamepad for it, it's one of my favorite pads out there.

One of the review sites last week also gave the game high marks, but I forget if it was for PC or PS3. Granted, some of the other ones have been mediocre.

I *like* it. I don't think it's god's gift or anything, and has a lot of short-comings. But I'm enjoying it.

-Fry, Futurama

1. 88%? DC Universe Online.... Jan 27, 2011, 12:24 JohnBirshire

Wow, an 88% from PC Gamer was a total surprise to me.

I bought it two days ago, unfortunately within an hour my wrist was killing me. I have never had to click a mouse button more times per minute than in any other game I've ever played. I feel like a Korean Starcraft Pro with 400 actions per minute while playing DCUO. It's like Diablo on crack. The only weapon that seems to be any better is Rifle, since you can just hold the button down. Going to pick up a gamepad from Best Buy today and try to play it again.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo