Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC

VG247 has a confirmation that the Dead Space 2: Severed DLC mentioned in the Dead Space 2 release announcement will not be coming to Windows. The statement they received from EA on the topic is short, and to the point: "Dead Space 2: Severed will not be available on the PC."

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 01:53 Stolk

They stole 5 bucks from me for the PC version of Dead Space off Steam. Is anyone here left-handed that tried that game for the PC? It was a complete disregard for the people that buy games from them on the PC. Literally, an executive ate tacos and shit that version of the game out.

I don't care how good this game is, I'm not buying it on anything. There are plenty of good games to play from devs that appreciate PC gamers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 01:10 entr0py

Redacted. Just redacted.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2011, 01:41.

15. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 01:05 Jerykk

Didn't EA buy a domain called www.fightforpcgaming.com or something like that? With Dead Space 2's new DRM and lack of DLC support, I imagine they must be saving that domain for April Fool's.  

14. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 00:35 Kabuto

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 23:20:

All the Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age DLC came to PC. Shit, even the Mirror's Edge DLC did. I am not saying EA are the best at supporting the PC versions of console-focused games mind you, I am just saying their recent support has been relatively good.

I read the original Dead Space sold like crap on the PC, so I am assuming this is about the market being too small more than anything. They contribute to the PC market being small by making the PC version less appealing though, certainly.

The post I responded to specifically mentioned the non-existent support for the first Dead Space, but despite that they still went ahead and purchased the sequel at launch for full price. As the saying goes fool me once....

With that being said, I agree that it's a slap in the face to their paying customers to not offer the same support and content across all platforms. The only recourse though is to not buy their products until they change their business practices.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2011, 00:46.

13. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 23:56 Agent.X7

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 21:45:
SOOOOOOO glad I waited to buy this game. Now I know which version I will be fishing out of the bargain bin when it hits there.

Ditto.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

12. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 23:53 Verno

Kabuto wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 21:58:

The problem is that you chose to pay full price knowing full well that EA has a history of not supporting the PC version of their games. In the future, don't support companies with poor business practices.

They released a $60 title for the PC platform, it is not an unrealistic expectation to see the DLC on the platform as well. The PC is a platform worth releasing games on or it isn't at all. Shit or get off the pot EA. Steam wasn't a big enough wake up call? There is money to be made. People will definitely buy story based DLC for a singleplayer title, especially if it contributes meaningfully to the game as in this scenario according to the devs.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

11. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 23:20 StingingVelvet

The problem is that you chose to pay full price knowing full well that EA has a history of not supporting the PC version of their games. In the future, don't support companies with poor business practices.

All the Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age DLC came to PC. Shit, even the Mirror's Edge DLC did. I am not saying EA are the best at supporting the PC versions of console-focused games mind you, I am just saying their recent support has been relatively good.

I read the original Dead Space sold like crap on the PC, so I am assuming this is about the market being too small more than anything. They contribute to the PC market being small by making the PC version less appealing though, certainly.

10. Wait when it's on sale on Steam Jan 26, 2011, 23:10 Xoxotl

Considering they're charging $59.99 for it, I held off on getting it. Now I'm glad I did.

I'll wait until it's on sale on Steam for $7.50.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

9. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 22:17 Sempai

Sempai wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 21:29:
I bought the PC Special Edition for $80 bucks.

Not ONE patch for the first Dead Space.

FUCK YOU EA!

Thanks, what was i thinking?..I now realize this is all my fault..

8. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 22:10 Prez

In a way, I could see this as a good sign, if the decision to not add the DLC to the PC was based on the fact that PC gamers are harder to nickle and dime for content of questionable value.

Still it's a dick move to confirm this after the game ships.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:58 Kabuto

Sempai wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 21:29:

FUCK YOU EA!

6. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:48 StingingVelvet

I do feel it must be pointed out that the DLC is a follow-up story to the console exclusive Extraction rail-shooter and not at all part of or essential to the Dead Space 2 story, which is complete on the disc.

That aside, this is fucking stupid. Not just because I would like to play more Dead Space 2 and feel burned I am being denied that, but also because the more you treat PC gamers like crap the more they feel justified to pirate your game or wait for a Steam Christmas sale. I'm not saying you need to be extra nice to PC gamers or we will steal your game, I am saying don't treat is like lepers you take money from and then push out the door while everyone else gets to party. It's just bad business sense, if nothing else.

5. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:45 Dirwulf

SOOOOOOO glad I waited to buy this game. Now I know which version I will be fishing out of the bargain bin when it hits there.  

4. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:43 Cram

Not surprised in the least; still upset.
SKU cost the same as the console versions, should receive everything console versions get.

Signed,
Someone who's trying to futilely support PC Gaming.

3. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:40 Sempai

DON'T cry piracy to me you fucking cocksuckers!

I paid full retail for your product and then get ZERO support or DLC all the while watching the console's get their updates and DLC's.

SUCK A FAT DICK YOU MONEY GRUBBING PRICKS!

2. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:30 Zardoz5

Well, that decision was easy. Also, that decision makes absolutely no sense, wtf EA? Just hit the "compile for PC" button and make it available online. Do they figure no one would buy it and everyone would pirate it?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar, matey.

1. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 26, 2011, 21:29 Sempai

FUCK YOU EA!

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo