Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC

VG247 has a confirmation that the Dead Space 2: Severed DLC mentioned in the Dead Space 2 release announcement will not be coming to Windows. The statement they received from EA on the topic is short, and to the point: "Dead Space 2: Severed will not be available on the PC."

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 28, 2011, 09:56 StingingVelvet

entr0py wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 00:26:
durandal wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 20:59:
Honestly, I'm just grateful for the fact that they released the non-buggy PC version of this great game, at the same release date as the console versions that is.

So it doesn't have negative mouse acceleration to simulate the fun of steering your character like a fucking boat with a gamepad?

No, this game controls like a normal shooter both on consoles and PC. The first game was made purposely to have a sort-of "lurching" aiming effect, on all systems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 28, 2011, 00:26 entr0py

durandal wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 20:59:
Honestly, I'm just grateful for the fact that they released the non-buggy PC version of this great game, at the same release date as the console versions that is.

So it doesn't have negative mouse acceleration to simulate the fun of steering your character like a fucking boat with a gamepad?

35. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 20:59 durandal

I mean, it's kinda rare these days...

Considering that, lack of a short side story DLC is not a big deal for me.

34. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 16:01 Verno

I guess. Call me simple-minded but I just say "is game worth $60 yes/no?" and to me this one surely is. It's long for a modern game, it's of extremely high quality, it works great on PC with minimum fuss.

I haven't finished it yet so I can't say for certain one way or the other but I do wish I had known about this stuff before buying it.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

33. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 15:53 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 15:01:
Mouse felt the same floaty way to me before I fixed vsync so no clue what you're talking about there.

I did the v-synch trick by default to keep a higher framerate so I wouldn't know either way I guess, but comments I have read all over the net indicate to me it's not broken like last time.

As for the save issue, read up. Medal of Honor had a similar problem, it seems to be related to losing connection to the EA servers or something.

Ah, well, I play offline by default and never signed-in to EA's thingy.

Regardless, whether its a better experience on the PC or not(it is for the record) doesn't make me feel better about the purchase. $60 for a SP game where I can't get the DLC and they don't seem to care about supporting the game. Meh. If I didn't love Dead Space so much I wouldn't have bothered but no one to blame but myself.

I guess. Call me simple-minded but I just say "is game worth $60 yes/no?" and to me this one surely is. It's long for a modern game, it's of extremely high quality, it works great on PC with minimum fuss.

32. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 15:34 entr0py

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 11:59:
This practice of zero day DLC or within a couple of weeks DLC is just mind numbing.

It's smart from a business perspective. People aren't going to stay interested in a game for several months, especially not a single player FPS. It's hard to get back into a game once you've stopped playing. And often that's not worth it for the little 3 hour morsel of DLC.

31. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 15:01 Verno

Mouse felt the same floaty way to me before I fixed vsync so no clue what you're talking about there. I don't have a problem fixing vsync, it's more of a problem that they didn't fix a bug that the first game had and went unpatched. As for the save issue, read up. Medal of Honor had a similar problem, it seems to be related to losing connection to the EA servers or something.

Regardless, whether its a better experience on the PC or not(it is for the record) doesn't make me feel better about the purchase. $60 for a SP game where I can't get the DLC and they don't seem to care about supporting the game. Meh. If I didn't love Dead Space so much I wouldn't have bothered but no one to blame but myself.

30. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 14:32 Cram

I can confirm all of this

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:33:
The rest of your post aside the mouse support is perfect in this game, no issues. V-synch does halve your framerate and cause stutter, but you disable it just like the first game and force it through drivers. I mean it is literally a two second fix. And I haven't had any save issue, not sure what that is all about.

the PC port works flawlessly for me, not sure what else to say really, it's a much better experience than on consoles I would bet my ass.

29. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 12:33 StingingVelvet

Verno wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 08:56:
Activation/Install Limit DRM, $60, no DLC and same annoying mouse lag bug from the first game along with some new ones like a disappearing save system/escape menu. I'm glad I used a gift card from the holidays on this.

The rest of your post aside the mouse support is perfect in this game, no issues. V-synch does halve your framerate and cause stutter, but you disable it just like the first game and force it through drivers. I mean it is literally a two second fix. And I haven't had any save issue, not sure what that is all about.

The game is amazing, the PC port works flawlessly for me, not sure what else to say really, it's a much better experience than on consoles I would bet my ass. The lack of DLC support is a bummer, certainly, but it's a side story sequel to a rail shooter on the Wii, I'm not that broken up about it honestly. If it was some missing part of the Isaac story I would be pissed.

28. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 11:59 xXBatmanXx

This practice of zero day DLC or within a couple of weeks DLC is just mind numbing.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

27. Re: Wait when it's on sale on Steam Jan 27, 2011, 09:35 JoeNapalm

Xoxotl wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 23:10:
Considering they're charging $59.99 for it, I held off on getting it. Now I'm glad I did.

I'll wait until it's on sale on Steam for $7.50.

Just did that for the first one. Was going to get it for the PS3, but Steam sale was too good to pass up.

For single player games, anymore, I generally wait for the price to drop...it's getting ridiculous.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

26. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 08:56 Verno

Activation/Install Limit DRM, $60, no DLC and same annoying mouse lag bug from the first game along with some new ones like a disappearing save system/escape menu. I'm glad I used a gift card from the holidays on this.  

25. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 08:26 JayDeath

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 05:45:
What did they expect? They throw $60 price tag on dead space 2 for PC on steam even for pre order? I would consider buying it if pre order was $45-$50 range, but at this point sorry, I will wait few months till its on some $15 sale on steam. Game is simply not worth $60. As for their DLC's blah, who cares, next time make the game worthy $60 kthx.

Yeah, what he said.

Steam: BenRichards

Shadow of Mordor is wonderful.

24. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 05:45 KilrathiAce

What did they expect? They throw $60 price tag on dead space 2 for PC on steam even for pre order? I would consider buying it if pre order was $45-$50 range, but at this point sorry, I will wait few months till its on some $15 sale on steam. Game is simply not worth $60. As for their DLC's blah, who cares, next time make the game worthy $60 kthx.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

23. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 05:28 Paketep

Another good move for EA to advance in their dickiness competition with Activision.

Glad I didn't buy it.

22. removed Jan 27, 2011, 04:54 Dmitri_M

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 27, 2011, 16:52.

21. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 04:27 finga

Yeah, there's a whole ton of QA and other crap that has to go around when releasing DLC, and if they couldn't actually sell enough copies to make up for those costs (since, for whatever reason, PC gamers hate the idea of paying for DLC so soon after a game's released), then they'd just rather not bother than spend money to release it.

We all knew that EA at large was not that big on supporting the PC community, so this shouldn't come as a surprise. But I guess it does allow people to rehash their complaints at least one more time.

At least they let BioWare support the PC community properly, and frankly, that's better than some Dead Space 2 DLC anyway.

20. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 03:35 Jerykk

I really doubt this was entirely EA. It's probably more like Microsoft and Sony paid them for the DLC for the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, since it's not the first time this has happened nor has it just been EA to do it.

When MS and Sony pay for DLC, they pay for exclusivity. I highly doubt they would pay for DLC that appears on their competitor's platform.

It's more likely that EA doesn't think the DLC would be profitable on PC. Or they may later decide to release it if DS2 sells sufficiently well on PC.

19. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 03:05 nin

They already said the NFS dlc wasn't coming to the PC, and people are surprised by this?

This is why you save your money and buy games on steam for $7.50 during the holidays.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC Jan 27, 2011, 02:43 PropheT

I really doubt this was entirely EA. It's probably more like Microsoft and Sony paid them for the DLC for the 360 and PS3 versions of the game, since it's not the first time this has happened nor has it just been EA to do it.

Microsoft talks about revitalizing PC gaming and lets this stuff continue despite having the ability to change it.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo