Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Magicka and Demo Now Available

Paradox Interactive announces that Magicka is now available via Steam, offering Arrowhead Studios' action/adventure game in a setting based on Norse mythology, which they describe as a "parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world." A playable demo is also available, and here's word on the game: "Developed by Arrowhead studios, Magicka throws players into a realm filled with hordes of ogres, goblins, and other monsters you've seen countless times in games and movies throughout the last 50 years. Explore the land alone or cooperatively as you and your "friends" battle through the masses to save the world and be mocked incessantly by the entire population when you perish trying to do so. Put your robe on and get ready to do lots of prancing around in the forest!" The Magicka release trailer shows off the game. The feature list follows.

• Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations
  • Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
  • Fight your way through 13 different levels in the campaign
  • Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evil wizard
  • Find and unlock achievements, items, and powerful Magicks
  • Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Played the free weekend one for over an hour. Jan 19, 2013, 04:46 Ant

I enjoyed it, but yea the combinations are too much. I had problems with the goblin boss level. I think I need to be faster and/or play with people (only one slot opened!)! http://aqfl.net/node/10316 for more.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 26, 2011, 00:36 Than

Just finished a two hour 4 player coop session. Didn't want to put it down, but life duties called. Quite possibly the most co-op fun I've ever had. We were busting up laughing the entire time. Discovering new spells (and accidentally killing your buddies while doing it) was very intriguing. It seems like there are a LOT of different spells. 8 elements plus 3 ways to cast each spell... and element order seems to matter. This will keep us entertained for quite a while.  

12. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 20:10 ASeven

Golwar wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 19:12:
Will you please stop praising the game so much? Wanted to keep this on my wishlist till its cheap enough to get a package 4 for the price of 10€.

Best...game....EVAR!!

Ok, probably not but it's the most fun I've had in quite a while.

11. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 19:12 Golwar

Will you please stop praising the game so much? Wanted to keep this on my wishlist till its cheap enough to get a package 4 for the price of 10€.  

10. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 18:38 LittleMe

Yeah wow this game is clever, cute and fun. Performance is not so great though with stuttery graphics performance. Yes its worth $10!

Yay.. Back to Project Reality now.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

9. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 16:14 Bucky

This game is a must-buy at $10. I messed with the demo last night, and the full game is downloading right now.

While in the tutorial, with only 3 elements available, I lit myself on fire, dropped a rock on my head, and blew myself up. I spent the entire first hour just grinning and laughing to myself; this game will only be better with friends playing.

Now I need to figure out how I made those crazy egg-mines last night....

8. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 16:05 Overon

Demos make give me a warm fuzzy fealing.  

7. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 14:54 Rilcon

Tried demo and bought, was hilariously good fun.  

6. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 14:36 ASeven

Oh wow. Despite the bugs I'm having a lot of fun. This may be one of the best PC games in a long, long time.  

5. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 14:31 Halo

Some bugs making it a little difficult but help is on the way.

BUGS!

4. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 13:43 Zadig

I gave the demo a quick try and had fun. The magic system is interesting and will be prone to all sorts of fabulous disasters in MP.  

3. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 13:41 StingingVelvet

Really fun demo... their website says a boxed version is coming in February, so I will wait for that.  

2. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 13:35 mch

Yeah, I hadn't heard of this but I'll definitely be checking out the demo.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

1. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 13:23 Halo

This actually seems like a lot of fun.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo