Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer

A new trailer shows off gameplay from Battlestar Galactica Online, the upcoming browser-based MMORPG based on the sci-fi television revival. Word is: "Featuring never-before-seen in-game footage of Battlestar Galactica, Cylon Basestars, Raiders, Vipers, and fleet formations, the gameplay trailer highlights space combat." The embedded version follows.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 21:42 Dev

As a side note, the board game Battlestar Galactica is pure fun in a box. Its one of the few board games worth playing that can be found at places like Borders (and can be quite cheap if a 40% off coupon is used).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 10:40 Ant

Highlander wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 10:28:
Ant wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 09:04:
What's the game like? Arcade?

Not at all. More of a sim/mmo. Your ship has limitations, depending on which class you're running, which you skill up, as per most MMO's.

Right now, with limited beta content it's a bit of a grind for resources and repetitious but it is a beta afterall.
Ah thanks.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 10:28 Highlander

Ant wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 09:04:

Not at all. More of a sim/mmo. Your ship has limitations, depending on which class you're running, which you skill up, as per most MMO's.

Right now, with limited beta content it's a bit of a grind for resources and repetitious but it is a beta afterall.

10. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 09:04 Ant

Highlander wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 08:55:
I've been playing in the closed beta for a couple months. The space scenes and environment are very well done. Sounds of the ships and special effects are spot-on to the TV series.

PVP is huge in this game. Organizing squadrons to fight over resources or sectors are going on all the time. Epic space battles between cylon and colonials look like something you'd watch right from the tv show.

Don't sell the game short. It's a lot of fun even in its beta state, with a ton of content to come so we've been told.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. No subject Jan 25, 2011, 08:55 Highlander

I've been playing in the closed beta for a couple months. The space scenes and environment are very well done. Sounds of the ships and special effects are spot-on to the TV series.

PVP is huge in this game. Organizing squadrons to fight over resources or sectors are going on all the time. Epic space battles between cylon and colonials look like something you'd watch right from the tv show.

Don't sell the game short. It's a lot of fun even in its beta state, with a ton of content to come so we've been told.

8. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 08:11 Riker

Booooooooo! What a waste.  

7. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 01:01 Sepharo

Aero wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 00:31:
Seriously god dammit, why can't we get any good space sims? (Yes, I'm familiar with what's available, but it's nothing like the sort of attention my favorite genre used to get). With all the graphics power we have today, they could make one that was damn near perfect... what we all dreamed computer games would be like in the future when we were kids.

Hasn't Derek Smart made this game?

6. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 00:31 Aero

Anyone know what the actual space combat is like? Is it X-Wing style, or more clicky-clicky Eve style? Looks pretty clicky to me, but that's just an impression. It would be nice if their site would give you some information without requiring registration. I dunno, might be worth checking out. For a browser game, the graphics look reasonable enough. Maybe something to play on the laptop when I'm killing time away from home.

Seriously god dammit, why can't we get any good space sims? (Yes, I'm familiar with what's available, but it's nothing like the sort of attention my favorite genre used to get). With all the graphics power we have today, they could make one that was damn near perfect... what we all dreamed computer games would be like in the future when we were kids.

5. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 00:17 Sepharo

*Gaius Baltar has learned level 10 Crying*  

4. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 24, 2011, 22:59 Creston

It doesn't look that bad. Yeah, the character models and such are pants, but the space parts look pretty good, and they're definitely epic in scale.

If it's F2P, I'll likely check this out.

Creston

3. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 24, 2011, 22:35 Tumbler

I'd like to try it but their server is down?...had to quit out of the survey earlier, came back to try to login and complete that and now I'm getting a server error...I guess I'll check this out tommorrow...  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 24, 2011, 22:24 Ant

Ugh, it looks awful.  

1. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Trailer Jan 24, 2011, 21:48 Cutter

MMmm, this has got pew-pew-pew written all over it!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo