Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
1. "Money for Nothing" Jan 24, 2011, 22:15 sliv

I'm not surprised, I haven't heard the second verse on that song on any radio station for years. I hear it on iTunes and am surprised when it plays it. I can see both sides, appeasing an offended people group and appeasing the fans who are listening to the radio station which is generating revenue for the station (public access or not, they have to generate revenue somehow)

That said, it really isn't worth either side screaming about. The humor in that song is the fact that the band is making fun of themselves. The video shows (very blocky) blue-collar workers sweating to make a living. I may be wrong, but blue-collar workers usually don't have the cleanest mouths. So the song does reflect reality.

Everyone is so uptight these days, anything that gives someone the opportunity to complain is taken, usually to the point of absurdity. It's no wonder why lawyers make so much money...

Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jan 24, 22:15 "Money for Nothing" sliv
  2. Jan 25, 00:58  Re: Cutter
  3. Jan 25, 09:37 Re: Evening Safety Dance Zadig

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo