Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2011, 15:39 JoeNapalm

Am I the only one who sees the "kill switch" as the same thing as me going home and packing all my valuables into a wheeled suitcase and putting it by the front door to protect myself from burglars?

Rather than a bunch of independent, potentially vulnerable sites, we'd have one big red button with half the hackers on the planet wondering what happens if they push it...

...next thing you know, Justin Long is crying over "Fire Sales" and I'm killing a helicopter with a police car and getting my ass kicked by Maggie Q.

On second thought, I might be on board with this plan. *Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Zynga & ville Jan 25, 2011, 09:22 Zadig

it's the French word for town. How can they claim "trademark infringement" for a very common noun? It's like Maxis claiming to own "city" due to Simcity and suing "City of Heroes" or "New York City"!  

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2011, 06:04 eRe4s3r

Except stuxnet only spread over the Internet because whoever coded it has made a mistake. True cyberwarfare would only be noticed when its too late. Ie -> When the sabotage triggers.

And those sabotage programs would likely not be delivered over the internet, but via USB from a bought mole in the respective department.

So a "cyber emergency" is rather hilarious. If its come to that disabling the Internet will likely make it worse as a great many people suddenly get cut off from their main information source...

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2011, 00:00 Draugr

WyldKat wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 23:47:
"National Cyberemergency"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

I swear in a few more years we'll all be wishing for the internet circa 2000. :\

It's a possibility, just look at stuxnet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet
I'm not commenting as to whether its ethical or not, but it is a genuine concern.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2011, 23:47 WyldKat

"National Cyberemergency"???? Are you fucking kidding me?

I swear in a few more years we'll all be wishing for the internet circa 2000. :\

2. Re: Zynga & Ville Jan 24, 2011, 23:23 Kahanamoku

I guess if zynga want to claim that the ville is trademarked in titles such as Farmville and Cityville, they had better watch their backs from Gueorge Lucas when it comes to Mafia Wars....  

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 24, 2011, 21:35 Dirwulf

"This is not the first time ADUC has taken to the courts over Windows preinstalls. In 2007, the group successfully sued HP after it failed to abide by the terms of the Microsoft End User License Agreement, which explicitly permits a user to refuse to accept the terms and receive a full refund."

So I can just say I refuse to accept the agreement and I get a refund for the copy of windows that came on my machine pre-installed? I wonder if this EULA is the same in the U.S? I doubt it.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo