Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed

Pete Hines of Bethesda Softworks confirms more DLC for Fallout: New Vegas is in the works. "Oh absolutely," Bethesda's VP of PR and marketing tells VG247. "I donít think weíve ever had a product where we said, ĎYeah, weíre just gonna do one DLC pack and thatís all she wrote.í We like to support our products. We like to do a good job of that, and I donít think putting out one DLC pack would reach that. I would say you can probably look for other stuff from us down the road." Target platforms are not mentioned, and when asked if presumptions that the Dead Money DLC for Obsidian's action/RPG will eventually be coming to the PC and PlayStation 3 are accurate, he remained elusive: "I think weíll probably just have to wait and see. I wouldnít want to say anything more then [sic] that," he tells them. "Right now, itís exclusive to 360. Thatís the only place you can get it. Iím not going to comment on other platforms."

View
19. Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Jan 24, 2011, 17:34 Draugr

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 15:26:
jimnms wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 14:19:
Fix the damn game first. This last patch seems to have broken more than it fixed. I thought his last patch was supposed to have been tested extensively since it had to pass QC before being released on the XBox? I had not run into any game breaking problems with New Vegas (well there is the Ultra Luxe bath house) until the last patch came out and broke Boone, who is my current companion. How the fuck did they miss that in testing?

Was FO3 this bad before and during patches? I didn't play FO3 until after the last bug fix patch (I'm not counting the patches that added DLC support).

I haven't finished my first play through of NV yet. I was taking my time, doing lots of side quests and exploring everything along the way. I guess that could be why I hadn't run into many bugs, since I haven't progressed far into the main story. I did run into a few broken quests, for which there are user made fixes at the Nexus site. After the last patch, I disabled those fixes to see if they were fixed in the patch, and they aren't.

After the patch, besides Boone being fucked up, other companions kept randomly teleporting to my location after being told to wait. When just walking out in the Wasteland, ED-E kept teleporting in front of me. I could hear him buzzing behind me while walking/running, then all of the sudden he'd just appear right in front of me.

There are user made fixes for the problems introduced with the last patch and I could keep playing using these user made fixes, but it just killed my desire to continue. I'd be pissed to continue playing with these user made fixes to have problems later on if/when they get officially patched and it breaks my game causing me to have to start over.

I honestly haven't had any of those issues, or any other issues, since the day the game came out. New Vegas has been stable and bug-free for me all along.

I've been pretty lucky myself, in regards to not having the same issues clearly a decent chunk of the player base seems to be having.

I though point lookout was definitely the best of the DLC's for FO3.
Haven't heard great things about dead money, but then again they really haven't shined with their DLC with any of their games, so I guess I can just hope some mega-awesome DLC comes out.
It's fun to pretend.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 24, 10:44 Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Verno
  2. Jan 24, 11:15  Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  5. Jan 24, 12:20  Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed JoeNapalm
  6. Jan 24, 12:22   Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Jerykk
  7. Jan 24, 12:26    Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed JoeNapalm
  9. Jan 24, 12:26    Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Elf Shot The Food
  14. Jan 24, 15:03   matthew@welchkin.net Watter
  17. Jan 24, 15:51    Re: matthew@welchkin.net Jerykk
  3. Jan 24, 11:21 Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Verno
  11. Jan 24, 13:40  Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  13. Jan 24, 15:02   Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Dunkirk
  15. Jan 24, 15:25    Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  4. Jan 24, 12:20 Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Silicon Avatar
  10. Jan 24, 13:02  Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Stolk
  8. Jan 24, 12:26 Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Creston
  12. Jan 24, 14:19 Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed jimnms
  16. Jan 24, 15:26  Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  18. Jan 24, 17:30   Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed DG
  20. Jan 24, 18:01    Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  21. Jan 24, 18:23     Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed TurdFergasun
  22. Jan 24, 19:11      Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
  23. Jan 24, 19:11    Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed jimnms
  24. Jan 24, 19:55     Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed StingingVelvet
>> 19. Jan 24, 17:34   Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Draugr

footer

Blue's News logo