Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Patched

The SOE Forums have details on a new patch that's now live in DC Universe Online, bringing their MMORPG to version 1.03 (thanks VG247). The change list follows.

General:

• Improved Client performance and stability.
  • Addressed an issue that caused some PS3 players to hang or disconnect in the tutorial.
  • Addressed an issue where other characters may appear to "warp" onscreen.
  • The time it takes to get to Character Selection on launch has been reduced.

Audio:

• Audio should no longer drop after cutscenes if you have your Music volume set to 0.

Chat:

• The player’s Voice Chat Channel should now be selected according to the following priority, from highest to lowest:
  • Alert
  • Group
  • Custom
  • League

Player Appearance:

• Equipping a new weapon should no longer cause your weapon appearance to disappear.
  • Swapping weapons with your weapon style locked should no longer cause the weapon appearance to change.

Movement:

• Player character animations should no longer have the chance of getting stuck when weaponizing objects.

Missions:

• Adjusted difficulty of content in the Venom Lab to level 7 to better match the surrounding content.
  • No Joke quest is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
  • A Crook’s Best Friend mission is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
  • Something’s Fishy… quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
  • Road to Hell quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
  • Fateful Omen quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.
  • Hardcorps quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.

UI:

• Pressing the "Accept" button on the Server Selection screen multiple times should no longer result in odd ssues with Character Creation movies and UI.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 13:16 NicklePop

Fion wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 12:13:
You do 'NOT' need a gamepad for this game. Your direct attack moves are done with right and left mouse and your click 'powers' are accessed via the 1-6 keys. How f'ing hard is that?

I'll go further, you are GIMPED if you use a controller.

Targeting is "who you are looking at", good luck whipping the camera around fast enough to maintain a 100+ hit combo.

Hilarious, I see these comments about "needing" a controller for DCUO and all I can think is "please let me meet you in PVP".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 12:13 Fion

You do 'NOT' need a gamepad for this game. Your direct attack moves are done with right and left mouse and your click 'powers' are accessed via the 1-6 keys. How f'ing hard is that?  

28. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 10:49 Optional nickname

Joystick was a must for Atari2600 (no KB support)

Colecovision had a gamepad with a Jack Russell complex, it tried hard to be a telephone and a calculator, yearning to sprout into something KB like.

NES Supermario, with 2 buttons, was the only game in existance to ever make a gamepad Fun to use.

Analog Gamepad was a must for early NFS games (until the First FFB wheel came to market)

PC RTS: The Mouse and KB is here to stay forever. All the other input devices fail miserable in their precense.

Console: So funny to race GT5 online, you can always tell who uses wheel vs gamepad.

27. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 09:28 kanniballl

Theo wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 06:48:
nothing wrong with console ports if they are GOOD console ports; elitism's not cool when you cant understand the value of a good game because of the originating platform.

bad ports are bad, good ports are good. Simple.

Batman was one of the better games last year/last 2 years, and that was direct console port.

Agreed 100%

Though I am slowly playing more and more casual console games, I still hold onto my PC roots.

But even back when I was a die-hard PC gamer, I accepted that some games (such as platformers) were fun with a gamepad which is why I picked up a USB XBox 360 controller. Though this is the largest game I've decided to play with a gamepad.

Arkham was a great game, so was the Riddick game. Both play well on a controller and can make things a bit more casual. Other things like the Microsoft Prince of Persia games were also fun with their controllers.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2011, 09:53.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

26. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 06:48 Theo

Grounded wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 23:07:
I hear PvP servers are the way to go, which was definitely appealing to me since none of the other superhero games had any PvP worthy of mention.

Yeah if you like no rules to stop level 30's from ganking level 1's...its a great fucking experience....

This game blows ass

And yes you DO need a gamepad. What part of, months ago when I said THIS IS A DIRECT CONSOLE PORT, did you dumb readers not comprehend?

Its a great game so far, yes its a console port, but very very fun to play. PvP servers are brilliant; depite the ganking that goes on as the PvP is fairly flat file 5 lvl 5to 10's smashed a lvl 30 the othernight who was picking on us, was great fun.

Also, Plays fine with a mouse. Combos are really well put together for a mouse as well. nothing wrong with console ports if they are GOOD console ports; elitism's not cool when you cant understand the value of a good game because of the originating platform.

bad ports are bad, good ports are good. Simple.

Batman was one of the better games last year/last 2 years, and that was direct console port.

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2011, 08:48.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

25. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 00:52 Esoteric

I played this game in beta for quite a bit, and if you're used to MMOs and FPS in general on the PC, m/kb is completely fine. I never once thought to myself that I could do better or it would be easier with a gamepad.

So if any is on the fence because of the gamepad vs. m/kb issue, don't be. M/kb control is still more nuanced and advantageous in gameplay. The only place it's not the most effective is the UI, when you're not actually fighting/moving, and just looking things up.

24. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 24, 2011, 00:44 JohnBirshire

WoW could actually get more dumbed down??? What...are they making it for toddlers now? The 10 year olds and grannies weren't enough?

You are kind of just helping my point. WoW, despite how simple you say it is, can't even come close to being played with a Gamepad. Yet it's recommended for DCUO.

23. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 23:36 Ant

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 23:07:
I can't imagine not having a gamepad for my PC... they have gone together hand in hand for 20 years now.
I can never use those gamepads correctly due to my physical disabilities. I would need a big joystick or a giant keypad like my clicky PC102+ keyboard.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 23:07 StingingVelvet

I can't imagine not having a gamepad for my PC... they have gone together hand in hand for 20 years now.  

21. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 23:07 Grounded

I hear PvP servers are the way to go, which was definitely appealing to me since none of the other superhero games had any PvP worthy of mention.

Yeah if you like no rules to stop level 30's from ganking level 1's...its a great fucking experience....

This game blows ass

And yes you DO need a gamepad. What part of, months ago when I said THIS IS A DIRECT CONSOLE PORT, did you dumb readers not comprehend?

20. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 22:41 PropheT

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 21:38:
Although his language wasn't the best way to gain support for his argument, he does have a point. Having to buy a gamepad with DCUO is kind of a buzzkill for me, makes me feel like the game is a bit simplistic, I couldn't imagine how dumbed down I'd have to make WoW to play it on a gamepad for example.

About as much as Guild Wars, since DCUO uses about the same type of skill loadout system, but I'm not sure I'd call either approach dumbed down.

19. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 22:33 Rhino

My wheel and pedal set disagree. Any one seriously in to racing simulators and even arcade games has a wheel and pedal setup.

Gamepad racing is for console kiddies.

Gamepad racing is also for those of us with a wife and two kids who COULD probably get away with buying a racing wheel and pedal set, but can usually find other avenues for which the money could, should or must go. Different people, different lifestyles, different priorities and not necessarily a reflection of the person.

Further to that, your thinly veiled e-peen stroking silliness managed to SUPPORT the basic point behind finga's comment, which was that certain types of games do not lend themselves well to keyboard/mouse setup. His comment was NOT that one could only play racing games with a gamepad.

18. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 22:32 Beamer

Any one seriously in to racing simulators and even arcade games has a wheel and pedal setup.

What about people casually into racing simulators and even arcade games?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 22:31 Slashman

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 21:38:
Although his language wasn't the best way to gain support for his argument, he does have a point. Having to buy a gamepad with DCUO is kind of a buzzkill for me, makes me feel like the game is a bit simplistic, I couldn't imagine how dumbed down I'd have to make WoW to play it on a gamepad for example.

WoW could actually get more dumbed down??? What...are they making it for toddlers now? The 10 year olds and grannies weren't enough?

16. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 22:03 btallas

Tumbler wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 15:01:
I'm anxious to try it at this point, just got matched for it over at goozex, going to cost $15 to play but at least I'm not dropping $50 to try it.

Like to say thank you to all the PS3 owners who bought this game and are trading it, it's because of gamers like you that games like this get a 2nd chance. Come the end of the month I can't see that many ppl wanting to continue paying so those copies can go to people like me and we can keep those subs running!

People are fairly positive about the game from what I've heard, way more than expected. If they keep their promise to add new content it could be interesting. As is though it sounds like a 1 month game at best.

Forgive me as I don't know how goozex works (looks to be a game trading site) but how are you only having to pay $15 for the game for a month? If someone bought the game and tried it out, their game code will have been used, rendering their copy useless (unless you're buying their account).

15. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 21:58 Burrito of Peace

finga wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 20:50:
...racing games...

My wheel and pedal set disagree. Any one seriously in to racing simulators and even arcade games has a wheel and pedal setup.

Gamepad racing is for console kiddies.

14. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 21:38 Jerykk

I'm a devout PC gamer but even I can recognize that some genres are better suited to gamepads. However, any game that requires aiming of any kind should be optimized for mouse and keyboard.  

13. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 21:38 JohnBirshire

12. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 20:50 finga

wtf_man wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 20:21:
If this game needs a gamepad... then it's automatic fail, to me.

I fucking hate gamepads. if I liked them... I'd buy a fucking console. Since I don't... I stick with PC Games. ANY PC game that plays better with a gamepad, is NOT a PC game, IMO. Period.
Geometry Wars says you're wrong, along with Street Fighter IV, sports games, racing games, and the like. There are plenty of interesting, unique, and fun games available on PC that do better with a gamepad than a keyboard/mouse setup, and the PC ports are often the best versions available because of the other strengths that the PC platform gives them, like scalability, higher resolution/detail, and mod support.

Oh, right, I almost forgot: the Blues News comments hivemind says that the PC should only be playing first person shooters and strategy games.

11. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 20:48 The Half Elf

I would generally agree about the gamepad, but there are certain pc games that just do better with a gamepad.

As for the game itself, it's better then the beta, and while you can do the combo system with a mouse, I would suggest a gamepad as well. Over all really enjoying the game, but it still has the worst UI/Chat system out there.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo