Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed

PC Gamer’s Big 10 of 2011 List has a revelation of the fifth profession in Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet's upcoming RPG sequel, as there's a screenshot with the following caption: "Logan Thackeray represents the Guardian profession in GW2’s iconic adventuring group." Guild Wars 2 Guru has word from ArenaNet Community Manager Regina Buenaobra that there will be more on this soon, as she tells them: "Glad you’re excited. :) We’re excited as well. No need to kill your F5 keys over the weekend. We will have a full reveal of the guardian, along with all the goodies (pics, videos), next Thursday. :)" Thanks Guild Wars 2 Slovenija.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 13:23 Fion

Man every game on that list has me hyped! To think a great many of them are do fairly early in the year. Portal 2 in April? WOOT!

As to GW:2 it certainly does seem to be doing some stuff that redefines the genre. Stuff that seems like common sense changes that will make for an amazing game. While a lot of the other MMOGs in the works seem to be just WoW clones with a few gimmicks to switch things up.

Speaking of MMOGs, I just picked up DC Universe Online a few days ago and I haven't played anything else since. If any of you are super hero MMOG fans (CoH, ChO) this game is a must try. It has fantastically fun combat, great story-lines where you interact with classic DC heroes and villains. I was up until about 4am last night (extremely late for me) doing a story-arc that concluded in taking on Scarecrow with the help of Wonderwomen (the 'mentor' of the character I was on). It was a crazy fun fight. But yea I cannot recommend it more to comic fans or superhero MMOG fans.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 12:33 ColoradoHoudini

Alamar wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 01:30:
Looking forward to the official page on the matter...

Nonetheless... GW2 is pretty far off, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm not obsessing... Yay me ; )

On a slightly related, maybe, note, If you haven't tried Rift yet, and still need a key... Try http://www.curse.com/keys/ to get a key... Need a curse acct, but since, if you want to try Rift, you likely already have one for WoW/WAR addons, that shouldn't be an issue... And a Trion acct for the game (shocker)...

Anyhow... Cya in game on Tuesday : )

Looking to try a mage myself... Warlock primarily, Chloromancer to try out the healing mage... : )

oh and rift.zam.com has a 'soul builder' for those that like to see the 'talent tree's beforehand... Just be warned... There's a lot of variety up in there.

-Alamar

I'll be playing Rift.. yes sir I will be

14. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 12:04 Esoteric

GW2 has no official release date. They're taking the "it's done when it's done" approach.  

13. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 11:24 Wag

So when is the game scheduled to come out now? June?

12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 02:13 Xirix

Thanks for the link to Curse.com
Love it..I really want to try out Rift.

11. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 01:46 Jivaro

Cutter wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 18:06:
Please don't suck.

+1

10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 23, 2011, 01:30 Alamar

Looking forward to the official page on the matter...

Nonetheless... GW2 is pretty far off, and while I'm looking forward to it, I'm not obsessing... Yay me ; )

On a slightly related, maybe, note, If you haven't tried Rift yet, and still need a key... Try http://www.curse.com/keys/ to get a key... Need a curse acct, but since, if you want to try Rift, you likely already have one for WoW/WAR addons, that shouldn't be an issue... And a Trion acct for the game (shocker)...

Anyhow... Cya in game on Tuesday : )

Looking to try a mage myself... Warlock primarily, Chloromancer to try out the healing mage... : )

oh and rift.zam.com has a 'soul builder' for those that like to see the 'talent tree's beforehand... Just be warned... There's a lot of variety up in there.

-Alamar

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 21:36 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game had better be good, make that GREAT, after the seemingly endless hype and chunks of information they keep dribbling out.

Logically the above might not make much sense, as hype/buildup has no direct correlation to actual game quality, but I'm hoping the game is amazing, basically.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 19:06 Wilhuf

Guild Wars 2 Art Director Daniel Dociu’s Guild Wars 2 concept art presentation slides at GDC 2010 included a charcter wearing Mesmer garb. (at 3:26) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORRilzOugyc

Mesmers are the Bestmers.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 18:06 Cutter

Please don't suck.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 17:10 Coolone

There is no Guild Wars without a mesmer.  

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:59 wusel

Mesmer and assassin professions are pretty much confirmed in the GW2 prequel novel 'Edge of Destiny'. The human queen calls herself a mesmer and the sylvari hero uses daggers and tries to find weak points in their enemies.  

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:19 Bucky

Downer28 wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 16:04:
So, no mesmer?

There's still a few classes left for them to reveal. As it stands the Ranger is still my first pick unless the Mesmer does get a revival.

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:14 Creston

I wish they'd announce a release date.

Creston

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:04 Downer28

So, no mesmer?  

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Guardian Revealed Jan 22, 2011, 16:02 Esoteric

I guess that narrows my class choice down to warrior or necromancer.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo