Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Magicka This Month

Paradox Interactive and Arrowhead Games announce January 25 as the release date for Magicka, saying the boxed version of the fantasy-themed action game will arrive on shelves in the US and EU on February 15. This new trailer offers an interview and a look at gameplay, and here's how Paradox describes the game: "Magicka will transport players into a fantasy environment unlike anything ever experienced before. Save the world of Magicka from doom as a co-op effort in a team of four, or single handedly using a fully dynamic spell system. Prepare to defeat the evil wizard as you wreak havoc and devastation on the minions of darkness in thirteen action packed levels. "

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 23, 2011, 19:41 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks interesting, but why does Steam still not list a price? Also the main website (french) appears to be 9.99 Euros...

Not a huge deal, but the game might end up being more than $9.99?

According to the internet, 1 Euro = 1.3623 US dollars.

Rounding up, it may end up being $13.99, or $14.99, depending on whatever crazy marketing logic they follow.

Anyway, I expect to have a good amount of fun, intermixed with furious rage at being teamkilled by "accident," with this game. Not too long to wait, either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 23, 2011, 09:03 Zadig

It's very colorful and the magic system looks good and seems to provide a fair bit of depth to gameplay. As multiple people have said, it's hard not to get value for money at that price.  

8. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 23, 2011, 07:09 Alamar

Don't recall ever hearing anything about this, but that trailer was pretty cool...

Will see in a few days what Steam says the price is... For $10, it's an instant buy... For more, well, I'd like to play a demo... maybe $5 for 5 hours? hehe

-Alamar

7. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 23, 2011, 02:34 mag

Looks pretty fun. I could see picking that up, if the price is right and I can get some friends on board.  

6. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 22:36 Jerykk

Anyway I'll pas on this, I just can't stand that cutsy little asian art style.

Cutesy? Yes. Asian? Err, not really. I don't see anything remotely Asian about it.

Anyway, I don't really care for hack 'n slash games but I do find the elemental interactions in Magicka interesting.

5. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 19:12 bigspender

this game is either going to be really good, or really bad

i guess i'll find out soon enough - i can't say no to a cheap co-op game.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

4. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 18:21 Cutter

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 17:46:
Bucky wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 16:28:
Unless my eyes deceived me, that was a mage with a machine gun. Just.....yes.
One of many reasons I loved Shadowrun. Wish someone would actually make a real SR game someday. Microsoft fucked it up pretty good though.

Yeah, I know, right? I almost had a heart attack when I first heard it announced than wept like a little girl when I saw what it actually was. Shadowrun is such a wicked IP it boggles the mind we haven't seen several good games based on it. Anyway I'll pas on this, I just can't stand that cutsy little asian art style.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 18:18 Golwar

I was ready to complain that this game seemed rather weak for a full price title, then I registered that it's just $10. All hail the MG-Mage!  

2. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 17:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Bucky wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 16:28:
One of many reasons I loved Shadowrun. Wish someone would actually make a real SR game someday. Microsoft fucked it up pretty good though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: Magicka This Month Jan 22, 2011, 16:28 Bucky

I forget where I read it, but it was said that the game played better with a controller. Now one is on order, which will help with all those other games I want that are controller based.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo