Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

WAKFU Closed Beta This Month

Square Enix announces plans for closed beta testing of the North American edition of WAKFU on January 31. You can sign up to be a tester here, and here's word on the game: "WAKFU is an innovative Tactical MMORPG that takes place in a fantasy universe created by Ankama for adventurers of all levels. WAKFU will transport you to a magical universe full of action and adventure, with over 14 character classes, a unique turn-based combat system, and strange, colorful landscapes. It’s up to you to find your own strategy and succeed in the challenges you’ll face along the way. Who knows, maybe you’ll become one of WAKFU’s greatest heroes?"

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 22, 2011, 14:17 eRe4s3r

Its a french franchise so the name is actually pretty good  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 22, 2011, 09:23 rist3903

I don't know which is worse: Dofus or WAKFU but I guess you don't need a great sounding name to do well for yourself.

CoD:Blops is selling like hotcakes.

6. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 22, 2011, 00:15 Frijoles

Unless they've changed it in the past few months, it's single unit. You can cast pets and other things, but they move on their own. If you've played Dofus, you've played this (kind of). Wakfu is just the next iteration. The map world scrolls around now, the terrain is more interesting, UI is totally different. There are a lot of improvements, but the gameplay is still similar to Dofus.

I haven't been in for a long while since I became inactive in the beta. When I was active, it was a good lunch game. Bright, colorful, addictive. I'm glad beta is finally starting. This game has been under development for a very long time.

5. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 21, 2011, 21:15 entr0py

Hmm, worth trying just because it's turn-based. I've always thought FFXI should have gone that route rather than being an Everquest clone.

I just hope you can control multiple characters. Playing a Tactics Ogre style game with one character would be dull, and not very tactical.

4. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 21, 2011, 20:39 sauron

This looks like a FFTA MMO, not bad.

But OMG that name has got to go.

Kittens!

3. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 21, 2011, 20:20 Esoteric

Shaq Fu?  

2. Re: WAKFU Closed Beta This Month Jan 21, 2011, 18:34 Kxmode

Wildone wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 18:17:
WTFAKU?!