Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 23, 2011, 11:19 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 23:30:
MGS was released on PC. Granted, it used all the same assets as the PSX version but you could run it at high resolutions and the textures were smoothed.

There was also an MGS remake for the Gamecube, with new models and textures. If MGS "HD" does get released for PS3, it'll probably just be a 1080p port of the GC version.

MGS2 was released on PC as well, though it's one of the few games that will not work at all on Windows Vista or 7.

Also I bet any remake on PSN would be 720p like the God of War games, they don't bother optimizing enough to do 1080p.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 23, 2011, 10:20 avianflu

+1 on number 3. How did they sit around the table and all agree that should be the predominant mechanic of the game? Critics seemed to like the game more than anyone else.

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 18:06:
Three lessons devs can learn from Alan Wake:

3) Don't make a game where the main gameplay is running around in the dark and shining a flashlight on shit.

Creston

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 23:30 Jerykk

MGS was released on PC. Granted, it used all the same assets as the PSX version but you could run it at high resolutions and the textures were smoothed.

There was also an MGS remake for the Gamecube, with new models and textures. If MGS "HD" does get released for PS3, it'll probably just be a 1080p port of the GC version.

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 15:03 RenownWolf

Seeing the first PSX MGS get a HD remake would force me to buy a ps3.... by golly it would be yummy!  

http://www.renownwolf.com

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 13:02 Verno

Golwar wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 12:14:
Co. And still (almost) everyone is happily buying games there.

Except that console manufacturers have used every opportunity to exert more control over the user experience and it's rarely done in a beneficial way to the consumer. Steam on the other hand has been relatively benign with it's "power", even pro-consumer at times which is why we don't see more user condemnation of it.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 12:58 CommunistHamster

The PS2 Metal Gears have aged pretty well, I don't think a remake is necessary. 3 would probably benefit from the increased graphical power of the PS3 though, it chugged at times on the PS2.

And I love MGS2, so any excuse to play it again is good for me.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 12:16 StingingVelvet

Golwar wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 12:14:
Reminds me of the usual complains about Steam & Co. And still (almost) everyone is happily buying games there.

Oh, I know. Don't get me started.

At least on the PC though it's easy to download a DRM-free version if it's something you worry about.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 12:14 Golwar

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 22, 2011, 10:42:
Golwar wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 19:07:
The rumor that I've read on a german site, says that the key shall be usable 5 times. Sounds okay. Not perfect, but I would never need more than 3 keys.

Try playing those games when Sony moves on to the PS4, or quits the gaming scene, or whatever else.

Reminds me of the usual complains about Steam & Co. And still (almost) everyone is happily buying games there.

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 22, 2011, 10:42 StingingVelvet

Golwar wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 19:07:
The rumor that I've read on a german site, says that the key shall be usable 5 times. Sounds okay. Not perfect, but I would never need more than 3 keys.

Try playing those games when Sony moves on to the PS4, or quits the gaming scene, or whatever else.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2011, 21:42 tacospice

i liked alan wake.. a lot  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2011, 19:07 Golwar

Tumbler wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:29:
If MS were to suddenly drop the price of LIVE Gold to $30 or $20...or even make it fucking free they would utterly DESTROY Sony as a competitor. (If they slapped on the serial code ownership thingy) Even if they do nothing they are going to end up looking like the golden boy next to Sony.

Sony does this and the 2 or 3 exclusive games I play on that per year will just get dropped from my calendar. Plenty of other stuff to play.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2011, 18:06 Creston

Three lessons devs can learn from Alan Wake:

1) Don't take 8 years to develop it.
2) Don't promise the world, only to deliver barely anything.
3) Don't make a game where the main gameplay is running around in the dark and shining a flashlight on shit.

Bonus:

4) Don't keep yapping about a sequel when the original sold 14 copies. Your ideas of gameplay don't resonate with the customer. Accept it. Move on.

Creston

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 21, 2011, 17:29 Tumbler

If MS were to suddenly drop the price of LIVE Gold to $30 or $20...or even make it fucking free they would utterly DESTROY Sony as a competitor. (If they slapped on the serial code ownership thingy) Even if they do nothing they are going to end up looking like the golden boy next to Sony.

Sony does this and the 2 or 3 exclusive games I play on that per year will just get dropped from my calendar. Plenty of other stuff to play.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo