Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched

Perhaps relevant to the story above, Steam News announces the release of a new automatic patch for the Windows edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops. The change list follows.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

• MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
  • Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
  • Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
  • Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
  • Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
  • Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
  • Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
  • Prevention of various exploits.
  • Objective markers localized for all languages.
  • Various stability improvements

Call of Duty: Black Ops Rcon Tool

• Recognize new "invalid password" server response

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Jan 21, 2011, 21:15 Bucky

Yeah, I'd get those too. It was a coin toss whether or not the game would recover for me. I haven't had a single problem since the patch, and I just spent a more time playing today than I'm willing to admit.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Jan 21, 2011, 20:33 xXBatmanXx

Buck,
When the game first came out - it was horrendous. It was unplayable. Now I get random "freezes" that last 1-12 seconds. Menu, ingame, loading, etc. It is pretty annoying, but been getting better. I haven't played since the update, as I have been sinking ridiculous amounts of time into Plants vs Zombies.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Jan 21, 2011, 10:42 Bucky

A neck injury has kept me out of work all week, so I've been playing Black Ops pretty frequently. Since day one I've gotten random lockups that, to me, have no pattern. It would happen in the menu, in-game, and at every point in-between. Worse still, I could play for hours with no problem, and then the next day have it lock up three times in a row.

The snow is still falling and I've got nowhere to be, so I'll test out this patch and see if it finally solves these issues.

Edit: So far, so good. It's also gotten rid of the annoying menu hitching that would occur.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2011, 15:47.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo