Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer

A story on Pixelated Geek about the recently revealed World of StarCraft modification for StarCraft II reports that the trailer for the mod has been taken down due to a copyright claim by Activision. Though Slashdot (thanks Ant) has word that the mod has received "a cease and desist from Activision/Blizzard," this is actually just a YouTube takedown notice, and from our experience, these are often generated automatically, and at times can be completely unwarranted, so it may not mean the mod (which is being created using Blizzard-released mod tools, after all) is in trouble. That aside, the mod's future may be in doubt anyway, as the article has been updated with word that League of Legends developer Riot Games is interested in offering Ryan, the mod's author, a job.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 20, 2011, 08:51 ibm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roIOpHq0vUc

Makes you wonder why they bother trying to take down vids.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 20, 2011, 06:39 Muscular Beaver

Hahaha. Blizzard, the savior of PC gaming...  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

6. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 20, 2011, 04:15 rist3903

Does this mean that Riot is looking into MMO'ing League of Legends?

If so I have mixed feeling about this. I love League of Legends, but cannot stand the MMO format where people roam around a digitally created world knocking over dominoes that pop back up 5 minutes after they leave.

Actually, that metaphor sounds like it would be pretty sweet if taken literally. What I meant it to represent still leaves me cold though.

5. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 20, 2011, 00:29 Prez

Regardless of the truth in this particular instance, the way Starcraft 2 modding is essentially locked down by Acti-Blizz is downright depressing. I am very disappointed.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 23:48 Icewind

Bobby Nodick needs to use some shotgun mouthwash.  

3. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 22:52 LittleMe

nm  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

2. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 22:47 TurdFergasun

mmmmm the financial stifling of creativity, man can you taste the freedom here. anyone wonder the true motivation behind not releasing mod tools in games?

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2011, 23:00.

1. Re: World of Starcraft Modder Gets Job Offer Jan 19, 2011, 22:29 Cutter

In other words, they're going to steal for themselves to profit off it. There's a special hell reserved for those who are cruel to animals and children...oh yeah, and Bobby Kotick.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo