Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 20, 2011, 11:23 Verno

$150 for a toy gimmick is a bit much. For a substitute, you know what else is hysterical? Any activity involving friends and alcohol. Play the Benny Hill theme music and flail around a bit.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2011, 11:30.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 20, 2011, 09:52 Beamer

I loved the thing when I finally had a chance to play with the launch games.

Would I buy it? Only if I still had people in my apartment on a near-daily basis like I used to. But the dance game is hysterical, as is two player rafting. Playing with someone that's never seen it then having them fall over laughing as they see the pictures for the first time is classic. No on expects that it's taking those.

It's easily the best party video game in ages, not that there's much competition. A shame not every launch game seems to realize that's its primary audience.
If you're someone that games alone it's pointless.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 20, 2011, 08:26 The Half Elf

Only Kinect's we had returned/traded-in were due to people who really needed they money for other things (food, cigs, drugs), but other then that we still can't keep the things in stock more then a day or 2.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2011, 22:36 Cutter

Heh, that seems to be the case everywhere. Gee, who woulda thunk there'd be buyers remorse on an epic scale for these things? LOL! In the first world where the vast majority of people are too lazy to cook for themselves/eat properly, or clean, or do hard work, or work out, did anyone really think there'd be a market for these things that actually increase the amount of work you do to inferface with a computer? That all of a sudden everyone would buy all these fitness games - because what the hell else are they good for? - and use them religiously and want more? I can't wait to see them at every single garage sale this summer going for like $5.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2011, 20:50 Lorcin

They need to do something with it - my kids haven't touched it for 6 weeks. In fact it's actually been in the boot of my car for the last week after I tried to sell it to gamestation (UK gaming arm of blockbuster) and they WOULDN'T BUY IT CAUSE THEY HAD TOO MANY 2nd HAND ONES THEY COULDN'T SELL!!!!  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo