Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dominions 3 Patches

Shrapnel Games now offers new patches for Dominions 3: The Awakening to update the Windows, OS X, and Linux editions of the fantasy-themed 4X strategy game to version 3.26. Word is: "Version 3.26 of the game may not bring you breakfast in bed or tell you you're special, but it's still a pretty freaking awesome patch. You need this patch. You want this patch. Go get this patch." The patch notes (Adobe Acrobat format) have all the details, and some highlights follow.

• Improved performance and window responsiveness during the 'AI thinking' host stage.
  • It was sometimes possible to continue sacrificing slaves even if your temple had burned down. Fixed.
  • Fixed crash during turn generation.
  • popkill now works for non-commanders as well.
  • Command line switch -nonationinfo is now implemented.
  • Yogini was not a female. Many a date ended with a surprise. Fixed.
  • Pulseaudio on Linux no longer requires Pulseaudio dev package to be installed.
  • New modding commands for underwater recruiting.
  • Modding: Maximum number of spells increased to 2000.
  • Modding: Maximum number of name types increased to 100.
  • Many, many more changes, corrections, and additions.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Dominions 3 Patches Jan 18, 2011, 19:52 eRe4s3r

For me the price is actually 41 and i wouldn't even pay that for most AAA games, and in this case all i get is a time limited download link, and no hard copy manual. One really has to applaud them for the nerve but for a digital version of this game I'd never pay more than 15.

Ah well, lots of other Indy devs

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Dominions 3 Patches Jan 18, 2011, 18:51 JaguarUSF

Everyone once in a while they will have a "sale" that drives the price all the way down to $50. The manual makes it worth it, though. And, yeah, the game itself, too. Just dooooo itttttt.  

1. Re: Dominions 3 Patches Jan 18, 2011, 14:55 UConnBBall

This game is still $55 Been waiting years to get this for Linux.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo