Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo

We still haven't heard back from Mark Rein about the lack of plans for a Windows Bulletstorm demo, but Epic's Cliff Bleszinski tweets his feelings on the subject, which don't seem overly concerned: "BULLETSTORM DEMO COMING TO 360/PS3 JANUARY 25th. In other news, PC gamers are grumpy about this." Thanks BeyondUnreal.

View
117 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

117. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 22, 2011, 08:57 Acleacius

Some of you are giving him WAY TOO MUCH credit for UT.

Now if you were to give him proper credit it would be for DESTROYING the UNREAL Franchise. He is a typical guy who is in a pissing contest, with himself.

Not sure how that qualifies as talent, actually I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

116. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 19, 2011, 19:41 Verno

The one idiot  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

115. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 19, 2011, 19:16 Sepharo

Icewind wrote on Jan 19, 2011, 19:12:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1135/cliffyb1.png

You took a screenshot of your post and censored the name?

What's it all about? Or did you just start pasting this to other non-Bluesnews forums?

114. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 19, 2011, 19:12 Icewind

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1135/cliffyb1.png

113. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 11:44 Verno

Because I'm responding to about a dozen people, not just you. Do you even read the posts in here? Have you not opened up the 57 post "No Bulletstorm PC demo" topic and seen how many people said "well, now I'm definitely pirating it."

Actually previously it was a thousand, now it's a dozen. If I go back and read every single reply in the thread I suspect it will be directed at one idiot and just be an excuse to air your bias. Why do we care about idiots anyway? They will be idiots on any platform no matter the circumstances.

Sorry if not worshiping it makes me seem negative to you, but this board typically has its head in space as far as industry economics, industry trends and console abilities go. I'm the outlier because I don't agree.

Taking a dump on it at every opportunity != objective and while I see many clear headed views on both sides of the fence frequently in these discussions, yours are the ones that seem mired in bias. You don't simply acknowledge a negative, you twist things into them and go out of your way to hammer on them to others.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2011, 11:58.

112. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 11:24 Beamer

More exaggeration and nonsense. You do this in every topic, one person says something stupid or gets understandably upset at unfavorable news then you profess that you are just playing the opposition position to some huge number of posts, pretending to be the voice of reason in a sea of idiots.

Because I'm responding to about a dozen people, not just you. Do you even read the posts in here? Have you not opened up the 57 post "No Bulletstorm PC demo" topic and seen how many people said "well, now I'm definitely pirating it."

No you don't, you disparage the platform at every opportunity.

No I don't, I just don't put a halo around its head and pray to it as my god. I'm realistic about the platform. It has its strengths and weaknesses, like any platform. Sorry if not worshiping it makes me seem negative to you, but this board typically has its head in space as far as industry economics, industry trends and console abilities go. I'm the outlier because I don't agree.

If I were on a console board I'd be seen as a huge PC freak. But I'm on a PC board, and many of you have an enormous bias I do not.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

111. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 10:49 Verno

No, Verno, I disparage the stupid attitude many here have, not the platform itself.

No you don't, you disparage the platform at every opportunity. I don't buy the "oh no I love the PC" routine because nothing you say or do ever speaks to that. Quite the opposite in fact. If it walks like a duck..

For every person like Prez that thinks sensibly you get a thousand "OMG I'm going to pirate the game! That'll learn'm! Then they'll be all sad that the game was pirated so much and not even bother releasing on the PC next time. It'll be awesome!"

More exaggeration and nonsense. You do this in every topic, one person says something stupid or gets understandably upset at unfavorable news then you profess that you are just playing the opposition position to some huge number of posts, pretending to be the voice of reason in a sea of idiots.

What people are actually saying is that this kind of behavior from a public figure in their company isn't a great idea precisely because it tells consumers that they aren't valued and that can encourage piracy.

110. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 ASeven

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 10:14:
Positivity about the status of the industry? Well, ASeven is hands down the most negative man around, but he's not the only one here living in some fairy tale where the PC is the savior and everything else is doomed. The reality isn't quite that. PC sales are up. New consoles are coming soon. PC sales will plummet when they hit. They'll begin to rise again after that.

When few people complain a few times, it's a temporary event. When many people complain all the time it means the industry is treating them wrong.

If I live in a fairyland so does all the economists that warned of the impending 2008 crisis, they also said the same thing to them. And I'm not the only analyst that sees the crash coming, many of my colleagues are more pessimistic than me and saying the industry won't last 2 more years, because, again, all the conditions that made the first crash happen are again very present and strong today and only the blind or the fools refuse to see that. Even Gamasutra's analysts are hinting at those conditions already, biased as their analysis are.

And I never said the PC would be the savior. Check your facts and quotes right. The indie scene may be strong on the PC but it's also strong on the consoles and when the first crash happened the consoles and the garage coders played a vital part in bringing the industry back up to its feet.

109. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 10:14 Beamer

You claim to but I never see any evidence of it considering you are always disparaging it on the forums. Never a positive thought from Beamer.

No, Verno, I disparage the stupid attitude many here have, not the platform itself.

For every person like Prez that thinks sensibly you get a thousand "OMG I'm going to pirate the game! That'll learn'm! Then they'll be all sad that the game was pirated so much and not even bother releasing on the PC next time. It'll be awesome!"

It's amazing that you say there's never a positive thought when basically I think I'm the only positive person here. This board is overwhelmingly negative. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for positivity about. Positivity about how insanely awesome the PC is as a platform? I'm on on it. Positivity about how much fun gaming is? I'm one of the few that seems to enjoy it, given the general comments. Positivity about the status of the industry? Well, ASeven is hands down the most negative man around, but he's not the only one here living in some fairy tale where the PC is the savior and everything else is doomed. The reality isn't quite that. PC sales are up. New consoles are coming soon. PC sales will plummet when they hit. They'll begin to rise again after that.

-------------

108. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 09:24 Verno

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 00:08:
treating the market this way are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of PC gaming 'doom' that a bunch of industry lemmings will pick up on and echo through their ignorance.

Two way street.
Who is going to be the first to give in a game of chicken? The people making millions of dollars or the people seeing their favorite hobby drying up?

Except that PC gaming is doing very well, if anything better than it has in the past five years. Do you spend any time on the PC? You claim to but I never see any evidence of it considering you are always disparaging it on the forums. Never a positive thought from Beamer. Had a look at Steam or the other DD stores recently? Did you think Amazon and Gamestop got into it for kicks as well? The people who support the platform and treat their customers properly do quite well for themselves.

107. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 08:18 Golwar

I wouldn't mind if they made this game 360-exclusive, would prevent the risk that I'll buy it somewhen for around 10€. Please MS, help!  

106. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 04:42 Prez

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 00:08:
Two way street.
Who is going to be the first to give in a game of chicken? The people making millions of dollars or the people seeing their favorite hobby drying up?

I'm not getting your point here. Who is playing chicken?

Moreover, I'd hardly refer to PC gaming as "drying up"; there are still many great companies treating the market well. Once-evil EA has markedly improved their handling of it recently, and even hated Ubisoft is seemingly making inroads back in by softening up their idiotic DRM. Admittedly a company the size of Epic taking it seriously again couldn't hurt, but that seems unlikely given the apparent indifference shown. Like Stinging V said, it almost makes you wonder why they even bother. Even in a worst case, if they completely abandon the PC market, it's not like PC gaming would disappear because of it, though modding would definitely suffer, which would be a shame.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

105. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 04:08 Donkey_Punch

lol, I always though CliffyB was a prick. Glad to see my instincts were right.  

104. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 18, 2011, 00:08 Beamer

treating the market this way are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of PC gaming 'doom' that a bunch of industry lemmings will pick up on and echo through their ignorance.

Two way street.

-------------

103. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 23:38 Prez

No demo, Games for Windows Live, $60 price point, flippant and dismissive attitude, no digital delivery pre-order deal... it's like they don't care what-so-ever how well it sells it on PC.

Exactly. And then when the game sells poorly, they'll blog about how that proves there's no market for PC games, and the cycle continues. All of you goofs posting about this being no big deal and a non-issue need to understand this is why those of us are up in arms about this. By treating the market this way are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy of PC gaming 'doom' that a bunch of industry lemmings will pick up on and echo through their ignorance.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

102. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 23:33 Jerykk

Maybe expand your horizons a bit and recognize that there is actually some pretty great stuff being released on consoles, rather than steadfastly holding on to this ridiculous notion that you are somehow superior to gamers who would dare to enjoy other platforms, feeding into the stereotype of PC gamers being entitled, condescending pricks unable to let go of a bygone era. Your allegiance to PC gaming is essentially not much different from grade-schoolers arguing over who has the more awesome console.

What did any of that have to do with a lack of a PC demo for Bulletstorm and CliffyB's obvious apathy towards this issue? You apparently missed the point of this thread completely.

101. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 21:46 durandal

Maybe he thought PC gamers pirate it anyways so there's no need for demo .
Seriously, do you guys even care if this game has a demo? From the comments so far you are not only bashing Bulletstorm but also all Epic titles since UT99. It should't be a big deal then, if you don't care about their games.
Bleszinski is being an asshole on this comment, but at least they made the PC version and releasing it at the same time as the console.
Let's judge the game not from what this guy said or his company has done, but from the actual game itself, after it comes out.

100. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 20:49 Sepharo

Bleszinski's Twitter wrote:
You guys DO know that Bulletstorm will be on Steam, right?

It's also a great platform for releasing a demo.

Bleszinski's Twitter wrote:
Sometimes I think about the sheer amount of features that a shooter needs to be competitive these days and my mind is just blown.

Yeah like deathmatch.

99. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 20:25 Dev

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 18:13:
And with the last two posts perhaps this topic should be left to die.
One of which is:
Tony!!! wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 18:08:
The whole lot of you need to clean your viginas out!!!
Wait, what's a vigina? I don't think its something that either sex has.

ASeven wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 19:07:
But again we come back to the same problem, gamers are stupid and will eat up any shit its thrown at their way. Thankfully PC gamers are reaching a breaking point where they are so fed up of being dealt shit and being treated like shit and then being treated like shit when complaining about being treated as such.
Not sure where you see that. I see MW2 (the game where a bunch of game company and heads were saying they were gonna watch closely to see if the decision to go without dedicated servers would succeed) selling a ton of copies and black ops on track to sell even more.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 2011, 20:42.

98. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 20:23 Lorcin

omg now his posted he rapes kittens!!

(ps for sane people do you think this will speed up or slow down the kneejerk reaction to a non-story?)

117 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo