Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bulletstorm Trailers

A new Weapons, Echoes and Anarchy trailer (NSFW) from Bulletstorm features Cliff Bleszinski, Tanya Jensen, and John Liberto talking about some of the tools of destruction in People Can Fly's upcoming first-person shooter. They describe the various ways the game's weapons can be used to kill with the styles that the game rewards and the game's multiplayer modes, all maintaining the signature edgy style of the game's promotion. There's also a Skillisode Volume 1 trailer (thanks Voodoo Extreme) showing how these stylized kills earn you extra points, and finally Bulletstorm Bulletpoints with Mike Capps Part 2 offers more deep thoughts on the game and dealing with adultery.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 17, 2011, 16:03 zirik

Sepharo wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 22:56:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 21:50:
Why isn't this that?

Bulletstorm doesn't have deathmatch. The only competitive aspect of multiplayer consists of comparing scores on a leaderboard.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=757995

Okay I guess this game is back to "fuck that" status.

best quote from epic... "Although there will be high-score leaderboards for the co-op Anarchy mode, no competitive team vs. team multiplayer is planned for Bulletstorm because, according to the devs, "it's fun to pwn, but not fun to be pwned".

now they are catering to sissies. LOL.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 17, 2011, 15:59 zirik

I thought Caleb and Lo Wang were pretty awesome too.

thats what games need today. good script writers. shadow warrior was done by one of conan o'briens comedy writer. the one liners in that game had me laughing so much that i forgot to shoot the enemies.

24. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 23:26 Beamer

Does Crysis have (team) deathmatch?

Crysis is about being somewhat overpowered and staying alive.

It's not a very valid comparison. I'll just wait until you play the game; you'll see how poorly it'd fare as a deathmatch game. It's kind of like an entire game made out of that final part of HL2 when Gordon has the super gravity gun and can kill things just by blinking.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 23:20 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 23:09:
The whole point of the game is that you're insanely overpowered. It's about "killing in style" not "fighting to stay alive."

Deathmatch would be shoehorned in. People complained a ton about BioShock 2 having DM, saying it didn't fit the gameplay style and would simply take development time away from the singleplayer (even though two different teams worked on it.)

Same here. Deathmatch just wouldn't make sense.

Does Crysis have (team) deathmatch?

22. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 23:09 Beamer

The whole point of the game is that you're insanely overpowered. It's about "killing in style" not "fighting to stay alive."

Deathmatch would be shoehorned in. People complained a ton about BioShock 2 having DM, saying it didn't fit the gameplay style and would simply take development time away from the singleplayer (even though two different teams worked on it.)

Same here. Deathmatch just wouldn't make sense.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 22:56 Sepharo

Why isn't this that?

Bulletstorm doesn't have deathmatch. The only competitive aspect of multiplayer consists of comparing scores on a leaderboard.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=757995

Okay I guess this game is back to "fuck that" status.

20. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 22:05 Tumbler

This game looks awesome, and at times in this video it had a very Duke Nukem like feel to it, the comments as you're shooting the guys were spot on duke, 1 second he says the chain gun is an extension of his penis, the next the in game voice is saying "suck it" while it spits bullets at targets.

Can't wait to play this game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

19. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 21:56 Jerykk

Deathmatch DLC might actually be worth buying for a game like this.  

18. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 21:53 Trevellian

Why isn't this that?

But they'll add Deathmatch in a DLC that costs 15 dollars and comes with 3 new maps!!!

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

17. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 21:50 Jerykk

Why isn't this that?

And...since when have FPSes had good lead characters? Deus Ex and Duke Nukem, who is composed of Ash's one-liners said by Guile from SF2. And, uhh....

I thought Caleb and Lo Wang were pretty awesome too.

As for Bullestorm, I don't really see why it would offend anyone unless they believe all games should be incredibly pretentious and melodramatic. If Bulletstorm succeeds, it might compel more publishers to fund shooters that don't play exactly like CoD or GoW.

16. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 21:22 Trevellian

Scud wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 19:22:
Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 18:23:
Well, I can certainly see where this sort of visceral violence for violence sakes will arouse and entice the angst-ridden 14 year old crowd out there. Most adults, however, will find it offensive.
I won't speak for most adults, but as a 30 something I think I qualify and I have to ask why do only kids get to enjoy a little visceral violence? You have a right to your own opinions Cutter just don't go assuming that everyone or even most everyone agrees with you, that I find offensive.
The game is loud crude violent and probably includes just about every action movie cliche known to man, Michael Bay might be watching these trailers somewhere and taking notes right now.
But I like to blow shit up and I don't mind a game that offers me a new way to do that, and it does stand out from the current crop of shooters, so I say, frag away.

^^^
This
I am 30, I got my first PC when I was 10, so I grew up on Commander Keen, X-wing, Warcraft, but most importantly, Doom and Duke3D during the BBS years.

I don't find the game offensive at all, like I said, to me it just looks like another Duke or Doom where the whole goal is to blast stuff into pieces and have fun. I'm all for it.

I could possibly see if you want to call something like oh say... Manhunt, taking it a bit to far, that I could agree with. But this is clearly over the top unrealistic violence. I don't see what it so offensive about it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

15. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 20:30 Hump

Well, I can certainly see where this sort of visceral violence for violence sakes will arouse and entice the angst-ridden 14 year old crowd out there. Most adults, however, will find it offensive.

umm, I think its more of a spiritual successor to Painkiller which had a large fanbase. The only downside I see is the touch of Epic in the cornball characters that are in the game. Even though its supposedly "tongue-in-cheek" it still comes off as the same old meathead NPC's that Epic has used for every game since Unreal.

I have faith in People Can Fly to put out a quality game though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 19:22 Scud

I won't speak for most adults, but as a 30 something I think I qualify and I have to ask why do only kids get to enjoy a little visceral violence? You have a right to your own opinions Cutter just don't go assuming that everyone or even most everyone agrees with you, that I find offensive.
The game is loud crude violent and probably includes just about every action movie cliche known to man, Michael Bay might be watching these trailers somewhere and taking notes right now.
But I like to blow shit up and I don't mind a game that offers me a new way to do that, and it does stand out from the current crop of shooters, so I say, frag away.

13. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 19:17 Sepharo

Nameless Again wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 19:09:
Military shooters have been done to death. I want wacky, zany deathmatch again. Unfortunately, this isn't it either.

Why isn't this that? 'Tisn't that?

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2011, 19:24.

12. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 19:09 Nameless Again

Military shooters have been done to death. I want wacky, zany deathmatch again. Unfortunately, this isn't it either.

Give me Duke Nukem 3D + Blood + Rune Quake 3. Now you're talking.

11. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 18:54 Bet

Evil Timmy wrote on Jan 16, 2011, 18:12:
Yes, CliffyB needs to keep his smug oh-so-punchable mug to himself, but look past the hair gel and stubble and realize that the dev who popularized the cover shooter is taking a step beyond them. I'd rather have badass weapons and usable environments than grey-brown-tan worlds filled with a suspicious number of waist-height barricades, aka the new 'room filled with crates' of the shooter world.
Quit white knighting the antithesis of PC gaming known as CliffyB, if you'd be so kind. You're doing it well and it's creeping me out.

10. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 18:52 Sepharo

Joking right?

You're not a fragger?

9. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 18:23 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 18:18 Dmitri_M

But I like the look of the game.

Remember guys don't post opinions because a lot of people here will call you a complainer. It's sickening how flooded with prudes this site is.

7. Re: Bulletstorm Trailers Jan 16, 2011, 18:12 Evil Timmy

Err, seriously, I know we're all supposed to only support old-school RPGs, exacting military sims, and turn-based tactical games here on this bastion of PC-ness, but this looks to me like something in the vein of Serious Sam rather than CoD, which I can only see as a good thing. I'm tired of cower shooters (yes, cower, cause that's all you do), and this looks like a refreshingly frenetic change of pace. Yes, CliffyB needs to keep his smug oh-so-punchable mug to himself, but look past the hair gel and stubble and realize that the dev who popularized the cover shooter is taking a step beyond them. I'd rather have badass weapons and usable environments than grey-brown-tan worlds filled with a suspicious number of waist-height barricades, aka the new 'room filled with crates' of the shooter world.

And...since when have FPSes had good lead characters? Deus Ex and Duke Nukem, who is composed of Ash's one-liners said by Guile from SF2. And, uhh....

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo