Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Mobilization

View
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 16, 2011, 22:52 sliv

Of course we're not going to see a complete end to productivity. Just as there are still a significant number of people who buy trucks to haul produce, products and tools, there will continue to be professional programmers, writers, accountants, videographers and others with access to whatever tools they need to do their job. But I worry that this group, just like farmers and skilled craft people, will become a smaller and smaller segment of our population. And I'm especially worried that an increasing number of them will be working from outside the United States at lower wages.

What may worry the author is great news for me. As a web & graphic designer, the less access potential clients have to these tools, the more they will need me.

I'm not at all concerned about it going overseas. I've seen the work they do and it's terrible; they couldn't design a good website if they're life depended on it. All they can do is convert existing designs to code, well... that's only half of website design! I've talked with a lot of people and that's a complete turn-off for them and has become one of my greatest selling points.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
>> 1. Jan 16, 22:52 Re: Sunday Mobilization sliv

footer

Blue's News logo