Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - BREACH

Atomic Games announces that BREACH is gold, and this military-themed first-person shooter will be available for Windows and Xbox 360 on January 26. The announcement notes the game's Windows support: "Atomic is also detailing the Windows PC version of Breach which will launch in both download form and at major retailers. The Windows PC version will feature support for larger explosions, particle effects and more through NVIDIA® PhysX® technology. It will also feature a higher performance Hardcore Mode for players looking to play the way operatives train. As one final note for Windows PC gamers everywhere, Atomic listened and included dedicated server support, with remote administration." Here's a bit more on the game:

Breach is unlike any other game. It is the first military shooter to use precise and massive destruction to change the very nature of multiplayer combat. Combined with an advanced cover system where players can use cover even while it is being destroyed around them, Breach enables real-world tactics never possible before now. Breach offers this destruction and active cover system all in a package that costs less than US$20.00.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 15, 2011, 02:05 Jerykk

I generally don't like cover systems and would much rather have the ability to lean whenever and wherever I want. However, Red Orchestra 2 has a pretty interesting cover system. It stays in first-person and not only can you lean around corners but you can also blindfire, which I think is a first for an FPS.

But yeah, third-person cover-systems in first-person shooters really need to go away. It's already hurt DX3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 17:10 bhcompy

Drezden wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 13:59:
I like the destruction, it's one the sole reasons I still play Bad Company 2.

But I hate the Active Cover system. I think 3rd personing around corners is cheating in an FPS and it makes 3rd Person games like Gears too goddamn easy.

Personally Killzone 2 has the best cover system I've seen, keeps you in first person, makes it so you still have to pop out of cover but can still peek over and around things. I wish games that wanted to use a cover system would copy theirs and not turn an FPS game into a corner camping fest. Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 suffered from the same thing.

Pull out Rogue Spear instead. My HBM tells me where to throw that nade, or how to ambush your camping ass.

28. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 16:18 Overon

The content of this thread was unworthy of my reading.  

27. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 15:36 PHJF

lol, mark another one down for the Brink crowd.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

26. well played? Jan 14, 2011, 15:33 space captain

sauron wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 15:01:
The name of this game reminds me of when I was a veterinarian, struggling to pull malpresented youngsters out of straining quadrupeds.

no penis and vagina stuff for you, huh

Go forth, and kill!

25. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 15:01 sauron

The name of this game reminds me of when I was a veterinarian, struggling to pull malpresented youngsters out of straining quadrupeds.

Eh, I guess it's not as bad as Deathspank. And nowhere near as bad as Wargasm.

Optional nickname wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 13:16:
I will bring mouse support

Also, lol. Well played.

Kittens!

24. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 14:38 SpectralMeat

Cutter wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 13:56:
Damn, for a moment I thought they meant BRINK.

Me too !

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. the moral of the story is... Jan 14, 2011, 14:07 space captain

YOU CANT TRUST THE SYSTEM!  
Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 13:59 Trevellian

I like the destruction, it's one the sole reasons I still play Bad Company 2.

But I hate the Active Cover system. I think 3rd personing around corners is cheating in an FPS and it makes 3rd Person games like Gears too goddamn easy.

Personally Killzone 2 has the best cover system I've seen, keeps you in first person, makes it so you still have to pop out of cover but can still peek over and around things. I wish games that wanted to use a cover system would copy theirs and not turn an FPS game into a corner camping fest. Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2 suffered from the same thing.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

21. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 13:59 Rattlehead

I thought the same thing Cutter. Anyways, watched the trailers, looks GENERIC.  

20. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 13:56 Cutter

Damn, for a moment I thought they meant BRINK. Can't wait for that game!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 13:16 Optional nickname

space captain wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 12:39:
Techie714 © wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 12:02:
You two want to go on time out?

as long as you come along for the ride

I will bring mouse support

18. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 12:39 space captain

Techie714 © wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 12:02:

as long as you come along for the ride

Go forth, and kill!

17. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 12:02 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

16. happy birthday to the ground Jan 14, 2011, 11:52 space captain

welcome to the real world, jackass!  
Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 11:50 JaguarUSF

LittleMe wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 11:40:
LOL thanks. You know it was a joke, right?

It gave me a moment of hestitation. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, so I've been waiting for something to cause my high hopes to come crashing down. Just had to be sure

14. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 11:42 LittleMe

space captain wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 11:39:
unfortunately its not pertinent to your own life but rather a shield against any light that would be cast on it

Hmm, maybe you are right.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

13. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 11:40 LittleMe

JaguarUSF wrote on Jan 14, 2011, 11:37:
I e-mailed the press contact just to be sure, and yes, the game has full mouse support.

LOL thanks. You know it was a joke, right?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

12. Re: Gold - BREACH Jan 14, 2011, 11:39 space captain

unfortunately its not pertinent to your own life but rather a shield against any light that would be cast on it  
Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: bored? Jan 14, 2011, 11:38 LittleMe

space captain, it's a very pertinent sig considering all the egos complaining here on the BN forums.  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo