Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 DLC Plans

The 2K Forums have word on release plans for the Protector Trials and Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2. There's no set release dates, but 2K Elizabeth provides their projection of when the packs will be submitted for certification: "I have an update for you! As of today, we’re tracking to submit the Protector Trials to certification at the end of January. Minerva’s Den has some more work to be done on it still and is tracking to submit to certification in the beginning of March. I’ll let you guys know when we do submit but our release date will change depending on how that process goes (which is why I don’t have a firm release date for you guys yet.) I don’t have a final patch list for you yet, either, but one item I know many of you will look forward to: we have fixed mouse sensitivity issues and many v-sync option bugs." Thanks Big Download.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 23:15 Sepharo

Isn't it usually just indicative of a game made for consoles?

They need to increase the frames, make it acceptable for non-HD sets, FOV and aspect get fucked for PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 20:07 Prez

Overon wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 18:06:
Bioshock 2 continues to thumb its nose at widescreen monitors and proper support. All Valve games like TF2 and Portal and Half Life 2 and it's episodes have proper widescreen support. See those for examples how to do it right.

Seriously - it can't be that hard.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

22. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 18:06 Overon

Bioshock 2 continues to thumb its nose at widescreen monitors and proper support. All Valve games like TF2 and Portal and Half Life 2 and it's episodes have proper widescreen support. See those for examples how to do it right.  

21. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 16:57 StingingVelvet

I don't know why you would instantly assume the patch mentioned would be something you need to pay for. When have we ever paid for something called a patch?

Anyway, I have no idea if increasing the FOV is on the patch agenda but somehow I doubt it. There was an actual FOV bug when the game launched that they fixed already, if that is what you are talking about, but actually increasing the FOV is something I think they already shot down. I haven't paid much attention though, as I think the FOV is fine.

20. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 10:45 KilrathiAce

Ok, well the story written above it sounds like the patch is part of the dlc, if the patch itself covers even normal bioshock 2 for owners who dont buy dlc then thats cool.

However, a while back 2K promised a proper FOV and aspect ratio on widescreen monitors fix that never came to life. 2K Elizabeth even explained the situation while back here:

Official outstanding issues - post here, it's what I read!

So will this patch finally bring this to the PC owners?

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

19. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 05:31 StingingVelvet

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 04:29:
So in order to get these fixes we wont get a free patch for bioshock 2 but will have to pay for it... the long promised patch for proper wide screen fix never came out either... gg

What the hell are you on about, man? The patch will be free of course, and is a separate thing from the DLC.

Good god, you guys are constantly just itching to let a bitch have it.

18. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 04:29 KilrathiAce

So in order to get these fixes we wont get a free patch for bioshock 2 but will have to pay for it... the long promised patch for proper wide screen fix never came out either... gg  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

17. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 02:36 space captain

Ontology (from the Greek, genitive : "of being" (neuter participle of : "to be") and -logia: science, study, theory) is the philosophical study of the nature of being, existence or reality as such, as well as the basic categories of being and their relations. Traditionally listed as a part of the major branch of philosophy known as metaphysics, ontology deals with questions concerning what entities exist or can be said to exist, and how such entities can be grouped, related within a hierarchy, and subdivided according to similarities and differences.

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 02:24 the_culture

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 00:28:
Okay, I still can't grasp how Jerykk's existence is ontological... Thinking2

Err, never mind. Carry on!

Ontological: relating to or based upon being or existence

I think space captain is questioning the validity of Jerykk's "aliveness"

15. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 01:15 StingingVelvet

It comes down to this: 2K makes BioShock content many reviewers and commenters say is better than all of BS2. 2K then says "fuck you PC gamers, none for you." I then whine and complain because I don't have a console. 2K then says "okay fine we will release it for you after all." I then say WOOHOO!

Jerykk then says "waste of fucking time" and I am sad.

14. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:28 Prez

Okay, I still can't grasp how Jerykk's existence is ontological... Thinking2

Err, never mind. Carry on!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:28 Jerykk

Glad to oblige.  

12. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:25 space captain

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 00:22:
I'm just here to provide logical statements.

you mean gut busting laughs?? because, fucking mission accomplished on that

Rotfl

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:22 Jerykk

Sigh. I never said that it was bad that 2K is still supporting Bioshock 2. In fact, I said the exact opposite. However, logic suggests that it's too late for the majority of people who were interested in Bioshock 2, especially considering the PC version's relatively poor reception almost a year ago. You may or may not care about this. That's fine with me. I'm just here to provide logical statements.  

10. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:19 Prez

space captain wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 00:16:
or maybe not so much odd as completely predictable according to his ontological status

Yeah! What he said, dammit!
**Prez races to www.dictionary.com to find out what the hell ontological means**

- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:16 space captain

seems odd how jerrk is now a champion for the majority, when only weeks ago he was ready to stand above them all as the one and only master of what TRUE RPGS really are

or maybe not so much odd as completely predictable according to his ontological status

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:13 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 00:02:
Why? I play 20 year old games, DLC 6 months late doesn't make it any less good.

It's too late for the vast majority of people who were interested in Bioshock 2, as they have very likely already played it and have no interest in going back.

Well what the majority of people think concerns me about as much as wages in Uganda, I want the content, obviously a bunch of other people did too since they made such a stink 2K reversed position, so bring it the fuck on.

7. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:10 space captain

you better get on the horn to 2k with your findings immediately, so they wont waste their time putting it out

damn this place is full of superheros!

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 13, 2011, 00:02 Jerykk

It's too late for the vast majority of people who were interested in Bioshock 2, as they have very likely already played it and have no interest in going back.

5. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Plans Jan 12, 2011, 23:25 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 22:56:
Although it's good to see that they're still supporting the PC version of Bioshock 2, it may be a bit too late at this point.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo