Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus

GOG.com announces the inclusion of the original version of Broken Sword as a bonus with GOG's Director’s Cut edition. Here's word: "We've joined forces with Charles Cecil to bring the 1996 version of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (a.k.a. The Circle of Blood) to GOG's catalogue. Users who purchase the high-resolution Broken Sword Director’s Cut will receive the acclaimed original as a free downloadable bonus. Anyone who has already purchased Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Director’s Cut can download the classic for free from the bonus materials."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 17:12 Prez

Tom Ohle wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 09:58:
Prez - no, we have lots of games lined up. Remember, we had a big holiday promo, and the holiday season is typically quite dead in terms of web traffic. We've released a new game today, and did the same last week... and there are some big announcements coming.

Oh, believe me, I saw your promo. I spent around 175 to 200 bucks I think. My name and avatar are the same there - you can check it!

But I've pretty much bought every game in your library I'm interested in, save about 5 games, so I'm a little antsy for more. It's great that there's lot's of games lined up - that at least allays one of my fears.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 14:40 nin

Prez - no, we have lots of games lined up. Remember, we had a big holiday promo, and the holiday season is typically quite dead in terms of web traffic. We've released a new game today, and did the same last week... and there are some big announcements coming.

Like Syndicate?

System Shock 2 and Clive Barker's Undying, dammit!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 13:39 Trevellian

Like Syndicate?

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

12. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 12:14 eRe4s3r

Does one of these announcements include Bullfrog games?  

11. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 10:01  Tom Ohle 

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 03:44:
Agreed. If GOG wants to maintain consumer interest, they need to be releasing games on a much more consistent basis. At least twice a month. They've got RPGs pretty much covered but there are still tons of other classics that they don't yet have.
Honestly, we release games as we get them ready for release -- it takes a lot of work from our compatibility team to make sure they work on modern systems, so it's certainly not a quick "sign game, release game" cycle. When we sign with a publisher, it's for anywhere from one to, I dunno, 15 games... and we try to space things out a bit, so that there is new content coming every week. Other than the holiday season, that's been the case since we launched.

10. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 09:58  Tom Ohle 

9. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 05:34 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 03:44:
I really expected to be playing a lot more of the old classics by now than I actually am.

Agreed. If GOG wants to maintain consumer interest, they need to be releasing games on a much more consistent basis. At least twice a month. They've got RPGs pretty much covered but there are still tons of other classics that they don't yet have.

They do release them consistently, once a week 90% of the time, but they release a lot of crap no one cares about. They can't force EA and Eidos into supporting them though, I don't know what you want them to do.

8. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 05:07 eRe4s3r

EA UK owns all rights of Bullfrog games and since you probably noticed that not a single EA game is on gog.....  

7. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 03:44 Jerykk

I really expected to be playing a lot more of the old classics by now than I actually am.

6. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 13, 2011, 00:14 Prez

Drezden wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 21:55:
They need Syndicate.

That, and about 3 dozen other classics like it. Like NOW! Or, whenever they get around to it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 12, 2011, 23:01 space captain

these guys need to shut down their website again so we can watch the world come to an end amidst a sea of wailing and gnashing teeth  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 12, 2011, 21:55 Trevellian

They need Syndicate.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

3. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 12, 2011, 20:55 StingingVelvet

They release games pretty often still... not all of them are classics though, which is why people bitch. It's not easy to get those contracts though, I would assume.

This is good news though, the director's cut was bullshit.

2. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 12, 2011, 20:51 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they have a bit of a battle getting companies to release their games DRM free through gog.com, I am sure that concept scares the shit out of some companies still.

Add to that, a lot of those old companies no longer exist, and it's probably a legal mess finding out who exactly owns the rights to certain games... then there is the somewhat questionable amount of work that will go into getting X game to work in newer OSes, etc.

I just hope they start releasing more recent games; if it was any good I probably already played the shit out of it back in the day.

Where is my drm free Bioshock? I still haven't bought or played that yet due to that nonsense.

1. Re: GOG.com Broken Sword Bonus Jan 12, 2011, 19:24 Prez

I'm starting to wonder if GOG has completely run out of games for which it has gotten license to redistribute from the publisher. There has been a long dry spell for new releases. Yeah, it released all of the Atari RPG's but anyone can easily assume that they got the license for those all at once and just trickled them out over the course of several weeks. Motoracer 1,2, and 3 were probably all green-lit at once too, and they just trickled those out over December and January.

If they have lots of games waiting in the wings and they are just holding them back, they are milking this for far too long. I would suspect, rather, that they are releasing them as they get them, in the slow trickle manner that they are using, to stall for time while they work furiously to secure new licenses from old and new publishers. I really expected to be playing a lot more of the old classics by now than I actually am.

- Mahatma Gandhi

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo