Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Q&A with the Team #1 on Facebook answers some questions about GSC Game World's upcoming first-person shooter sequel. They go into detail on some gameplay elements, and start things off with reassurances for PC gamers that the Windows edition will not suffer at the hands of the game's console versions: "Since we develop primarily on PC, you won't see any compromises in the PC version. The key difference between the PC and console versions will be the beauty of graphics (meaning PC will offer more of visual effects)." Thanks PC Gamer.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 13, 2011, 20:33 durandal

Thank you guys! I didn't know about this "Complete" mod and just started playing SoC with it. It's been a long time since the last time I played the original but I could see numerous improvements. I recently finished CS and was about to play CoP next but I'll wait for the Complete Mod for that game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 13, 2011, 05:31 Mr. Anisotonic

while it's not recommended, you can use your current save game with Complete mod, I did it and completed the game with real ending and no issues came up.  

37. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 13, 2011, 04:31 KilrathiAce

I bought all stalker games on steam and this news ensures I will be buying stalker 2 for steam/pc as well.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

36. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 22:03 A51Abductee

Works with Steam fine. That's how I use it myself.

As far as save games, you're probably going to have to start over. And that's a blessing in disguise.

35. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 19:37 bhcompy

A51Abductee wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 18:15:
Prez wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 13:07:
Pick any STALKER game, get the "Complete" mod compilation for it and prepare for open-world FPS bliss!

I have faith that these dudes won't screw this awesome franchise up for consoles.

Seconded, wholeheartedly - STALKER Complete 2009 is a truly amazing mod, and the only one I bother to install anymore. The game looks and plays better than ever.

Check out the official site:
http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

If you haven't played STALKER recently, reinstall it and apply this mod and you'll be stunned that it's a game from 2007.

Can't wait for them to release the Complete mod for CoP.

Does the mod require you to start over or can you use previous saves within the mod? And does it work with the Steam version?

34. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 18:17 CJ_Parker

Veinman wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 14:56:
I just started playing through the first game. This game is damn hard!

No it ain't. You're just a damn n00b!

As for the topic: That's what they all say so big fucking yawn @ GSC. I'll believe it when I see it. No sooner.

33. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 18:15 A51Abductee

Pick any STALKER game, get the "Complete" mod compilation for it and prepare for open-world FPS bliss!

I have faith that these dudes won't screw this awesome franchise up for consoles.

Seconded, wholeheartedly - STALKER Complete 2009 is a truly amazing mod, and the only one I bother to install anymore. The game looks and plays better than ever.

Check out the official site:
http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009/04/stalker-complete-2009.html

If you haven't played STALKER recently, reinstall it and apply this mod and you'll be stunned that it's a game from 2007.

Can't wait for them to release the Complete mod for CoP.

32. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 18:00 Cutter

Thanks for the heads up, Prez. Grabbing it now!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

31. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 17:32 venomhed

Shadow of Chernobyl was the best story and game, but fuinctionally, Call of Pripyat was the best. The sleep ability in bases, ability to repair you weapons, modding weapons, the way the artEfacts could come back to area's previously explored. All that was great stuff.

All the endings of all the games sucked hard though.

Also there was way too much ammo in the game, good god I had tens of thousands of rounds of stuff at the end. Plus all the really crazy weapons were placed near the end of the game which kind of sucked.

Stalker Complete - Looks great! Will try it out and load up Shadow again. However, can you add the Sleeping Bag (or whatever its called) mod to this? I really like the ability to snooze because going out at night in this game without night vision frankly scares the real shit out of me.

* Oops, looks like Stalker Complete has the sleeping bag in it. Wonder if they also have the Snuggie (tm) mod?

Just kidding.

Get out of here stalker!

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2011, 17:41.

30. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 16:52 PHJF

STALKER just doesn't work on consoles not because of controls or hardware limitations but simply because it is too, as somebody else said, hardcore. I mean Heroes of Might and Magic is awesome and all, but I don't think it'd sell twelve copies on a console. Different strokes for different folks.

Pripyat doesn't really need mods. I played through once right when it came out and it was leaps and bounds better by default than Clear Sky.

Then I played through with a mod that did nothing but add tons of new weapons and armor, but it places them in hidden caches you have to search for and find entirely on your own. That was a great mod, if ever there was one.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 16:49 Prez

Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 13:57:
I got Stalker:CoP in the Christmas sales. Alas, my Christmas CPU upgrade was delayed until - hopefully - tomorrow, so I've been waiting to really give it a go. Seconds of intensive research suggests there isn't a "Complete" pack for CoP yet. Is there a mod compilation you would recommend?

The CoP 'Complete' mod is still in beta, sorry about that.

The Reloaded mod for it is excellent as well - get it here

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

28. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 16:10 born2expire

I don't understand why they are even bothering with a console port anyway, I mean the first game sold well over a million copies long before even an expansion was out. And since then this game has been constantly on sale and almost been given away. Both this and the Witcher sold awesome and how do the devs repay PC gamers loyalty? By dumbing down (we don't know for certain yet, but its a strong assumption) the franchise to appeal to even more people.

Making the game multiplatform will alienate the PC gamers that expect the bar to be high on this game, instead will get console limitations.

27. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 15:25 bhcompy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 15:22:
There's absolutely no reason why incredibly large, open maps cannot be supported on console. Far Cry 2 demonstrated this. And STALKER's UI was never particularly intuitive, so the console restrictions (key mappings, etc) might actually end up benefiting the user experience.

Sure it might end up being dumbed down but there's no reason that is HAS to be. It's a developmental choice.

MAG supports 128 players on huge maps on the PS3. It can be done.

26. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 15:25 Dmitri_M

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 15:22:
There's absolutely no reason why incredibly large, open maps cannot be supported on console. Far Cry 2 demonstrated this. And STALKER's UI was never particularly intuitive, so the console restrictions (key mappings, etc) might actually end up benefiting the user experience.

Sure it might end up being dumbed down but there's no reason that is HAS to be. It's a developmental choice.

lol

25. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 15:22 theyarecomingforyou

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

24. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 14:56 Veinman

I just started playing through the first game. This game is damn hard!  

23. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 14:31 JoeNapalm

Not familiar with this - will have to check the Googles for his "Complete" of which you speak. I grabbed the expansion on sale, but I think I'm going to replay the original from the beginning, soon.

Only mod I used was one that let me pay to repair my gear. (I suppose that might be considered lame, but it made the difference between "awesome fun game" and "pain in the ass" so I'll own it.)

EDIT: Just read up on this mod. Sounds epic. Thanks, Prez!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Jan 12, 2011, 14:38.

22. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 14:16 Darks

I like this game but I have serious issues with the way their save games work. I have restarted this game at least 4 times now. They do not save their saves in a standard way. if you reload your OS you end up losing the saves even though you have them. The asinine game does not recognize the saves. Anyone got a save point that I can get from them that might work for the steam version?  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

21. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 13:57 Quboid

I got Stalker:CoP in the Christmas sales. Alas, my Christmas CPU upgrade was delayed until - hopefully - tomorrow, so I've been waiting to really give it a go. Seconds of intensive research suggests there isn't a "Complete" pack for CoP yet. Is there a mod compilation you would recommend?

- Quboid

20. Re: No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Console Compromises Jan 12, 2011, 13:46 Jim

DokterBeefcake wrote on Jan 12, 2011, 12:09:

I hope my silly cake analogy brought some light to 'lead platform' development. Or made you hungry.

The cake is a lie.

Jim

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo