Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 at GDC

Electronic Arts will unveil Battlefield 3 for the press at the Game Developers Conference on March 1, 2011, reports IGN, where they say EA will also use the occasion to offer showings of Shadows of the Damned, Alice Madness Returns, Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning, and Crysis 2. Thanks mulder.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 12, 2011, 00:24 venomhed

The loss of a Commander (ala BF2) and the severe lack of people using Voice Chat has really fucked BC2 from being a long term playing game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 20:56 Dev

What part of the mega tons of sales and money they made from those (both on consoles and on PC) convinced them they needed to put more work into the game on things like dedicated?
Remember that MW2 was the big test to see if removing dedicated servers would work (and all those other game companies chiming in that they were going to be watching the release of MW2 very closely as an example), and it did work.

4D-Boxing wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 19:20:
Please let me set up my own server ...

Let's hope all devs have realised that BC2/COD:BO approach does not work. I want the same lag free smooth experience I used to have when people could set up their own servers.

This absolutely needs to be 64 players or more. Not more taking backward steps. I would honestly prefer not to see a PC version than a laggy buggy PC version that will make the platform look bad!

13. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 19:20 4D-Boxing

Please let me set up my own server ...

Let's hope all devs have realised that BC2/COD:BO approach does not work. I want the same lag free smooth experience I used to have when people could set up their own servers.

This absolutely needs to be 64 players or more. Not more taking backward steps. I would honestly prefer not to see a PC version than a laggy buggy PC version that will make the platform look bad!

12. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 18:00 Ventura

Please let me set up my own server and fill it with bots. Old Battlefield on the pc was so good for that. No bots, no purchase.

I did buy BC2, and the single player campaign was good, but there's no longevity in it.

11. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 16:42 bhcompy

LittleMe wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 11:04:

Don't get me wrong, BC2 is a well made game.

But focuses on the wrong parts of the IP. MOAR VEHICLES MOFOS

10. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 15:39 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 12:37:
I'm still drooling at the PC Gamer's online article of Heroes of Stalingrad.

Yep that is a pretty cool article. I am really looking forward to that game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 14:07 Tumbler

I really hope they go more PC centric in the features with this game, I want the bigger maps, jets, and larger battles. I'd love to see them setup dedicated servers for console version and finally get us all into the 64 player games instead of that only being something on the PC.

And how about basic map settings as well, it drives me nuts that you can't simply change the armies/vehicles fighting on each map so that you can use all available weapons on each maps rather than being forced into the same battles over and over. In BFBC2 it seemed like you barely got to fly the hind and the chinese helo because they would only spawn in very particular places on certain maps while the apache was more common because it spawned in starting zones on some maps. You should be able to vote on which army to use so that everything gets more time on screen.

Looking forward to what they have to show. How about dedicated servers for consoles so we can have 64 player games! Go big DICE! Even if it's only on the PS3, it's time to setup dedicated servers for consoles so you can at least get 32 player games going but why not go for broke and make 64 player games standard!?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

8. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 13:42 CommunistHamster

They've been saying Battlefield 3 for a while instead of Bad Company 3, even while BC is doing quite well for them. I'm looking forward to this.  

7. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 12:37 ASeven

Huh, did someone say anything about a BF? I'm still drooling at the PC Gamer's online article of Heroes of Stalingrad. EA is going to release BC3? Not interested.  

6. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:55 ^Drag0n^

You go, American! Good to see it's on it's way (Alice 2).  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

5. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:28 JoeNapalm

Wildone wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 11:12:
To be demoed with a gamepad

...as if millions of voices cried out, and were suddenly silenced...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

4. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:18 Joss

Wildone wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 11:12:

Now aint that some blasphemous shit? Your right, they probably will.

3. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:12 Wildone

2. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 11:04 LittleMe

It's probably expecting a bit much that BF3 will have BF2 type gameplay.

Didn't some/many of the BF2 team, especially programmers, leave DICE after BF2 and that made it much harder for them to make the 1.5 patch?

Don't get me wrong, BC2 is a well made game.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: BF3 at GDC Jan 11, 2011, 09:50 SpectralMeat

Looking forward to see BF3 in action. Hopefully it won't be just a pre rendered movie but an actual gameplay.

This comment was edited on Jan 11, 2011, 09:55.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo