Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 11:16 eRe4s3r

What you do not understand is this:

Windows is not what makes Windows windows. Windows is - Drivers and DirectX - infinite number of low level services. All these would have to be RECODED from scratch to work on PowerPC CPU. I don't know what kind of view you have on how coding works...

DirectX on the other hand, was worked on by MS for nearly 20 years and is a PURE x64 and x86 api. It can NOT DO powerpc. Every single api within direct X would have to be rewritten. That would take longer than to achieve space-flight for the masses, cold fusion and anti-matter engines.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 09:58 nin

not familiar with what kinds of things you can do with that on the PS3.

Well, I'll give you a hint: I've not heard of anyone soldering 4 gig of ram onto the system board, or writing windows drivers for it.

You keep hopin though!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 12, 2011, 07:04 Verno

It makes you sound ten years old. I WANT WORLD PEACE AND A PONY FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

You know what I want Tumbler? To win the lottery. You help me with that then I will build Windows for your bloody PS3.

Maybe I should try linux, not familiar with what kinds of things you can do with that on the PS3.

Rolleyes Do you not get the irony here? Google OtherOS. Good grief man.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 20:06 Tumbler

Trolling?

U guys would not want a PS3 that could also run PC software?

It's $300.

I understand that the hardware behind it is completely different and windows would basically have to be rewritten from the ground up but I'd love to see the PS3 get way more functionality than it has.

Maybe I should try linux, not familiar with what kinds of things you can do with that on the PS3.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 18:42 Shok

Tumbler wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 16:40:
I'm hoping someone will figure out a way to get PC games running on the PS3. I'd love to see the PS3 become a true personal computer in every since. Get Motherfucking windows running on that thing. Figure out how to write the drivers and let us run whatever software we want on that.

If there was someway to add a few gigs of ram this thing could be an interesting desktop computer.

Surely you jest troll Tumbler?

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 17:45 Verno

Tumbler wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 16:40:
I'm hoping someone will figure out a way to get PC games running on the PS3. I'd love to see the PS3 become a true personal computer in every since. Get Motherfucking windows running on that thing. Figure out how to write the drivers and let us run whatever software we want on that.

If there was someway to add a few gigs of ram this thing could be an interesting desktop computer.

This is practically impossible from both a technical and practical standpoint plus it sounds so naive it's almost childish.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 17:07 nin

Are you high?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 16:40 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 11, 2011, 09:50 ASeven

Remember people, there's only piracy on the PC. The consoles have no piracy whatsoever, always blame the PC.

Guess the floodgates are now fully open for the PS3. I predict a massive increase in hardware sales and a bit of a drop in software sales. But remember, it's PC gamers doing the piracy!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo