Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PvP Footage

There's a ShakyCam Diablo III PvP Arena Battles BlizzCon 2010 (wizard Gameplay) trailer on the YouTube with a look at PvP combat in Blizzard's upcoming action./RPG sequel. The clip was shot off a monitor at BlizzCon 2010 and shows off some fast and furious combat. Thanks Voodoo Extreme.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 8, 2011, 15:49 z0dd

I agree with Rhialto. The characters were engulfed in energy beams, circles, spheres, booms, blasts, bombs, and more!

Most fight I could only see the casters on the perimeter. Everything else was one giant color orgy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 16:02 Jivaro

LemonJoose wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 13:55:
That looks like it would adapt to a console extremely well. It almost looked like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Sacred 2. Movement and those sustained-beam attacks would work perfectly with a console controller.

I was thinking the same thing.... I wonder if that is the plan?

10. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 15:51 Wildone

this game aint ever coming out  

9. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 14:34 Optional nickname

needs more rainbow  

8. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 13:55 LemonJoose

That looks like it would adapt to a console extremely well. It almost looked like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Sacred 2. Movement and those sustained-beam attacks would work perfectly with a console controller.  

7. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 12:36 Rhialto

Well, I haven't really liked what I saw. I found there was way too much 'white bloom' or 'white energy' masking characters in combat which make it impossible to see the chars, the weapons action and other small details. It may be because of the way it was filmed thus it may look better in person, it may also be fine tuned more until the release but I wanted to point that out anyway.

Also, I'm not sure I like how the light beam move when the caster turns around. I thought it would look a tiny bit more fluid (I mean like adding a very tiny small delay thus see like a very small curve from caster hands up to the edge of screen) and not a straight light beam. But again I may be wrong, I know a true laser beam would react without delay on such a short distance.

6. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 12:19 MoreLuckThanSkill

AnointedSword wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 11:01:
Part of me thinks this game will rock, part of me think this game will suck. I am kind of sick of the Normal, nightmare, hell of the same levels over and over. They should have took a mmorpg approach and just kept on adding on to the end game.

Well, yes you will have to do the same levels somewhat(some randomization) but that's the Diablo series. The last thing the world needs is another MMOish game.

You may want to check out Guild Wars 2 though, that could be the answer to almost everybody's hopes.

I'm hoping both Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 are awesome.

5. No subject Jan 7, 2011, 11:01 AnointedSword

Part of me thinks this game will rock, part of me think this game will suck. I am kind of sick of the Normal, nightmare, hell of the same levels over and over. They should have took a mmorpg approach and just kept on adding on to the end game.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

4. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 10:33 eRe4s3r

If that were true they would test with random combinations already Find it hard to believe that they do these kind of tests if they'd allow PVE item sets and skill trees.

I mean, knowing what OP stuff you find in PVE that'd require entirely new balancing...

3. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 10:27 InBlack

I think (am hoping) that is just for testing/balancing purposes. Hopefully dueling will involve using characters/gear from the PvE portion of the game.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 10:19 eRe4s3r

indeed - but hopefully theres more to pvp than just starting in a crowded space with all skills pre-loaded. Looks more like death match to me....  

1. Re: Diablo III PvP Footage Jan 7, 2011, 10:12 InBlack

Very cool, and very similar to Diablo2. Which is a good thing.  

I have a nifty blue line!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo