Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The snow that accumulated from the after-Christmas blizzard in these parts is still all over the place, and we have another snowstorm predicted for today. This is causing more concern than usual since the reaction to the last blizzard in New York City was inadequate at best, an unusual situation that seems to have its roots in some sort of scandal. This may end up derailing my plans for one of my rare forays out into the world, as I was going to go carousing with my buddies tonight. I'll have to see how this all plays out, but I may end up with another chance to brew up some more chili to fight the chilliness.

Snowed-in Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: House of Dead Ninjas.
Corporate Wars.
Give Up, Robot 2.
Links: TSOLfan's Game Room(s).
The Sequel Map.
8 Terrifying Animal Swarms Created by Human Stupidity. Thanks Neatorama.
Stories: Pilot charged with drunken flying. Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Massive ice-bound telescope set to capture elusive space particles.
Splitting tablets 'may mean patients take wrong doses'.
Need to Grill on the Go.
Customer Service FAIL.
Media: 100 Greatest Movie Insults of All Time. NSFW.
Robocop Remake. Thanks RoboCop Archive.
Polar Bears R SO EXCITIN and Xbox cat wants to play.
The Funnies: xkcd: Good Code.
Brevity.
Follow-up: Scientists solve chupacabra mystery. Thanks brother19.
Thousands Of Turtle Doves Fall Dead From Sky. And a partridge in a pear tree.
Elijah Wood to Appear in The Hobbit Movie.
6 Awesome Homeless People Saved by The Internet.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 22:38 Hoop

.....I guess we didn't learn anything from Greece.

What are you talking about......Guy gets girl in the end (so to speak) & lots of singing & dancing in between.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 21:56 xXBatmanXx

Geithner warns Congress: Raise debt ceiling

The beginning of the end.....I guess we didn't learn anything from Greece.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 15:15 Hoop

nin wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 10:16:

Will they PLEASE film the fucking Ian McKellen scenes before he kicks the bucket????? He's fucking 71, we're on borrowed time here!

I hear Weta has invented an apparatus that will move his body, eyes and frame around the set as a back up. Ted Williams (the Golden voice of radio) has been approched to do his voice.

Um .. Behind you...

5. scientists solve chupacabra mystery Jan 7, 2011, 13:53 space captain

Blue is going to sleep alot easier now that this fearsome beast has been properly dealt with  
Go forth, and kill!

4. snow Jan 7, 2011, 10:56 Jim

I'm beginning to wonder what an astronomy club meeting night WITHOUT snow (or rain) is like.  
Jim

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 10:46 kanniballl

Here in NJ we still had snow leftover from the big snow storm the other week, but some rain got rid of a lot of it.

Today we're getting some steady snow, but they're only predicting an additional 4" today.

I'm debating whether I should go home early today. 4" isn't very much, but my town doesn't like to plow my street and some of the roads I need to take are often less than ideal.

Plus I have a steep driveway so I'd like to get home while there's still light/warmth out to shovel enough to be able to get up that thing.

Not to mention I'd like to avoid the idiots on the roads that speed off everywhere during rush hour.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 10:16 nin

Will they PLEASE film the fucking Ian McKellen scenes before he kicks the bucket????? He's fucking 71, we're on borrowed time here!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2011, 10:03 InBlack

Go carousing and to hell with the snow. Also I think I figured out your NY resolution but Im keeping a lid on it until Im 100% sure.  

I have a nifty blue line!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo