Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization World Alpha Next Week

A letter from Sid about Civilization World on Facebook has an update on Civilization World, the project previously called Sid Meier's Civilization Network, which was seemingly forgotten after being announced for release this past June. In addition to the name change, the letter describes plans to launch closed alpha testing on January 12, pointing to the Civ World Alpha Registration Page as where to register and describing perks for participants. Word is: "Why a name change you say? The name better reflects the main theme of the game; in Civ World you will be joining your friends to form nations, which will compete with other player-nations to rule the world. Civ World’s shaping up to be a really fun Facebook game, as well as another addictive Civilization experience." Thanks Big Download.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 7, 2011, 04:11 Paketep

Wish they had dedicated more resources to avoid another bugfest release with Civ V instead of doing this POS.

Here's hoping in two years strategy games are not a fight between the facebooked AoE clones (fuck you Microsoft for tainting that) and the facebooked Civ clones.

Even Sid took his name out of the game, something he hasn't done in 20 years. That speaks volumes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 6, 2011, 23:06 Shok

Sorry, I'd reinstall kali to look for games before I would join facebook to play one. It's inevitable though I know...eventually no one will be anonymous on the internet. Until then no social networks for me  

2. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 6, 2011, 22:56 gradbot

Taken from the first link.

Would you like a chance to join the test? Then we’ll need you to form a team with your friends, and sign up for the alpha test as a team. Why a team? Because to win in Civ World, you’ll need to collaborate with your friends in order to do well in the game and become ruler of the world, so in our early Alpha testing, we’re grouping people together to simulate how the game will work when it’s available to the world at large. In the final game, you’ll be able to sign up individually (although we’ll love it if you invite your friends), but to participate in Closed Alpha, you’ll have to enter as a team. It’s up to you how you organize your testing team. Your team can be anywhere from 5-50 people.

1. Re: Civilization World Alpha Next Week Jan 6, 2011, 22:39 Tumbler

Not sure if you need to form a team, it asks for a team name and the leader of said team, if you want to sign up you can put the same stuff I did:

Team: Assign Me
Team Lead: Me

...that should work...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo