Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shafer to Stardock Follow-up

Stardock sends along a confirmation of the news that ex-Firaxis designer Jon Shafer has joined their company, to help lead their design and modding efforts, saying: "Shafer will bring additional modding expertise to the recently launched Elemental: War of Magic and will take the lead in designing the next as-of-yet unannounced Stardock title." Stardock also states this bolsters their commitment to continue to support Elemental: War of Magic. "With Elemental, Stardock essentially developed an incredible new game engine optimized for the creation of PC strategy games," said Shafer. "Iím excited to take on a leadership role at Stardock and help the company extend the ability for modders to take this engine and be able to create dramatically different games."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Shafer to Stardock Follow-up Jan 6, 2011, 19:54 Dev

I bought elemental and haven't tried it again since the first month. Maybe I should. However I think stardock should get working on a new game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Shafer to Stardock Follow-up Jan 6, 2011, 15:17 draginol

Actually, I never blamed Elemental's technical problems at release on users. Rather, Stardock's insufficient QA process for dealing with a game of Elemental's scope was the major factor in the technical difficulties.  

2. Re: Shafer to Stardock Follow-up Jan 6, 2011, 02:04 Silicon Avatar

Elemental is tainted. They can either keep trying to fix it or dump it and then hear everyone scream. At least they are still trying to fix it. Other companies would have dumped it by now.

1. Re: Shafer to Stardock Follow-up Jan 5, 2011, 21:35 Dirwulf

Except that the engine is so full of bugs that was one of the issues they had. They couldn't test all the various video configurations people were using so it crashed on tons of machines. I remember Brad posting that he kind of blamed it on the users because they were using strange hardware configurations that they never thought to test. That just sounds like poor testing to me.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo