Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shafer and Stern Join Stardock

Big Download has word that Stardock has hired Jon Shafer, who recently parted ways with Firaxis where he was lead designer on Civilization V. They report on a conversation they had with him today: "He told us that he departed Firaxis Games on good terms and while he got a few offers from other studios he told us that he went to Stardock for a number of reasons. One is that he has been an admirer of Stardock's games for some time as a fan. Another is that he wanted to work with a company that that the freedom to make the kinds of games he wanted to make. Shafer told us he could [not] give out any info on what his stand alone project will be for the company as Stardock is still concentrating its efforts on updating Elemental, including the release of at least two expansion packs." Stardock also announces the addition of Dave Stern (Baba Booey!), saying the fantasy and science fiction author will "oversee creative storytelling and lore implementation in all future projects, including the recently launched Elemental: War of Magic."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 5, 2011, 08:36 Ashley

I thought Shafer went there because Brad told him he could write that fantasy novel he always dreamed of writing and get it published even if it wasn't very good. He just has to pretend to make a game that ties in with it. They can always fix the game later with patches but he will be a famous author by then. FTW!
Guess Stern is there to fix Shafer's project down the road

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 5, 2011, 06:43 Dev

Blue, I think you forgot a "not" either that or the original article did.
Shafer told us he could give out any info

Edit:
Its the original article, not you. However, you could perhaps throw in a [not] ?

6. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 5, 2011, 00:16 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 23:11:
For a moment there, I thought Tim Schafer joined Stardock. That would have been interesting.

Same here, I was about to start the, "ehhh remember me, I interned here... soo where's Schafer."

5. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 4, 2011, 23:56 Lactose The Intolerant

mama monkey tata toothy  

4. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 4, 2011, 23:11 Jerykk

For a moment there, I thought Tim Schafer joined Stardock. That would have been interesting.  

3. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 4, 2011, 21:38 StingingVelvet

Nate wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 19:45:
Interesting... The tactical AI in Civ 5 still sucks. Overall the AI plays better, sometimes it will even kill one of my units, but it still makes frequent dumb moves with its units.

Yeah, the AI sucked at launch... haven't played it recently, not sure how much better it is. It's a shame because other than AI issues I feel like it's an amazing Civ.

2. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 4, 2011, 20:21 JohnnyRotten

I'm having huge problems with the diplomacy in the latest patch. About 150-200 turns in, every AI turns against me and each other, regardless of former relationships.

Basically unplayable atmo

1. Re: Shafer and Stern Join Stardock Jan 4, 2011, 19:45 Nate

Interesting... The tactical AI in Civ 5 still sucks. Overall the AI plays better, sometimes it will even kill one of my units, but it still makes frequent dumb moves with its units.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo