Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month

The APB Reloaded twitter account has word on plans for closed beta testing of the online sandbox game revival (thanks Big Download), saying: "If everything goes exactly like the plan, the Closed Beta will be launched somewhere in late February :)." A subsequent tweet and a follow up correction indicates they will be revealing details this week on how to apply as a tester.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 5, 2011, 09:39 Ant

But will the game be better?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 5, 2011, 06:42 ibm

kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 12:32:
Part of me thinks this "revival" was planned from the beginning.

The stupid part?

12. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 20:42 Sepharo

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 20:31:
It will have a basic membership and a premium membership. Basic is free....premium is not.

The only major distinction they've made about the premium version so far is that you will be able to save more complex customizations. Also they've noted that complex customizations saved during a premium period of your membership can continued to be used back on the basic plan. So pay for some premium time, make customizations, go back to free.

11. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 20:31 |oR|jonvall

Sepharo wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 20:15:
HEY GUYS IS THIS GAME GOING TO HAVE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION?
sorry spectral, not directed at you personally, just tired of seeing the last 5 APB threads have this misunderstanding

It will have a basic membership and a premium membership. Basic is free....premium is not.

10. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 20:15 Sepharo

HEY GUYS IS THIS GAME GOING TO HAVE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION?
sorry spectral, not directed at you personally, just tired of seeing the last 5 APB threads have this misunderstanding

9. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 18:34 ASJD

I can't wait until the free MMO investment bubble bursts.  

8. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 17:09 xXBatmanXx

Esoteric wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 14:28:
They've already stated that the relaunched version won't have a monthly subscription.

I'm in!

I was pretty bummed to see the final product after waiting for this game for YEARS!

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 14:28 Esoteric

They've already stated that the relaunched version won't have a monthly subscription.  

6. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 14:07 SpectralMeat

So what is this game offering to me for the monthly subscription fee that I can not get in any other shooter game for free?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 14:02 Joss

Tumbler wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 12:48:
The idea being that people will see other classes like driver or shooter, or whatever else there is and the experience of playing the soldier will be enough fun that they'll want to pay to play those other classes.

Don't think I'll ever be playing an MMO with that kind of mindset thank-you-very-much... or any for that matter.

4. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 12:48 Wallshadows

I thought it was going to take many months or up to a year before it was brought back.

Unless it has been months or up to a year and time simply go swept under the carpet...

3. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 12:48 Tumbler

Make this free to play. Any new MMO trying to get peoples attention right now needs a free way to play the game, not a trial. A free account in every sense that someone can upgrade if they feel like it.

Pick a class like your basic soldier, make that class free to play from lvl 1 to the highest level. The idea being that people will see other classes like driver or shooter, or whatever else there is and the experience of playing the soldier will be enough fun that they'll want to pay to play those other classes.

There are a shitload of big MMO's out there already, if someone is going to play a shitty mmo they're going to go for those first, like STO or TOR or Champions or Warhammer or whatever. Maybe DC Universe? You're committing suicide coming to the table asking for money upfront and a $15 subscription to play the game when you have a new IP.

Get people to play your game, if they stick with it then you're on the right path. Getting people to give your game their time is a huge acheivement in this market. I literally have so many games i want to play I am picking between awesome game one or awesome game two. I don't have time to consider playing shitty game B or shitty game C. (Looking at you STO! I bought the deals on amazon for this game and played it for 5 min then remembered how many other better games I had that deserved my time)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 12:41 |oR|jonvall

Awesome....I got this game for my birthday 2 weeks before it's demise so I can't wait to play it again with a company that, hopefully, will fix the wrong stuff but leave the good stuff. It was a great game but it had a more than a few issues that once fixed will make this a great game.  

1. Re: APB Reloaded Beta May Launch Next Month Jan 4, 2011, 12:32 Kxmode

Part of me thinks this "revival" was planned from the beginning.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo