Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morrowind Graphical Project

The Morrowind 2011 Graphical Project is now available, offering a giant compendium of previously released modifications for Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind, Bethesda's RPG sequel. This page has detailed instructions on how to set this up, including tips for Steam users. This trailer offers a look at what this adds to the game.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 5, 2011, 04:15 InBlack

There is actually a heap of good stuff you can find underwater. This game trully rewarded the adventureous/lucky

I hope the new Elder Scrolls game takes after its grandfather more than its father...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 20:13 derelict koan

sauron wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 17:44:
I literally finished almost every quest in the whole game, even the weird ones like Mehrunes' Razor and all the daedric shrines you could only find in the back of beyond all over the island. One of them was underwater a mile or so off the coast. Every random bandit lair, and every mechanized dwarven hall full of corpses whose robots were all still functioning. All the Slayers' Brotherhood quests. I think I was even a vampire for an extended period.

Man I thought I played Morrowind to death...but underwater daedric shrine a mile off the coast? /me bows humbly.

Great game, great to see it still getting some love

www.derelictkoan.com - speculative psychosis in trilogy form

15. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 17:44 sauron

This looks awesome but I played the hell out of Morrowind and all its add-ons when it came out.

I literally finished almost every quest in the whole game, even the weird ones like Mehrunes' Razor and all the daedric shrines you could only find in the back of beyond all over the island. One of them was underwater a mile or so off the coast. Every random bandit lair, and every mechanized dwarven hall full of corpses whose robots were all still functioning. All the Slayers' Brotherhood quests. I think I was even a vampire for an extended period.

So cool. But I don't think I could play it again. Otherwise I'd be all over this, it looks fantastic.

Kittens!

14. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 15:51 StingingVelvet

Quboid wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 15:34:
Is this a total conversion of Oblivion to make it Morrowind-esque? A total conversion of Morrowind to give it a more modern sheen? Should I just play Risen instead?

Seyda Neen remains one of my all time top gaming moments, the wow factor was off the scale. TBH I'd be worried about diluting its memory.

It's just a collection of all the Morrowind graphics mods from the last 8 years or whatever. The "author" just picked all the ones he thought were best and collected them into one release, sort of like the STALKER complete mods.

It's not a new engine or anything, and in all honesty if you're at all picky you would likely rather pick and choose what to use yourself from browsing mod sites. I know for instance this collection uses extremely in-your-face depth of field mods, which would drive me insane.

13. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 15:34 Quboid

Is this a total conversion of Oblivion to make it Morrowind-esque? A total conversion of Morrowind to give it a more modern sheen? Should I just play Risen instead?

Seyda Neen remains one of my all time top gaming moments, the wow factor was off the scale. TBH I'd be worried about diluting its memory.

- Quboid

12. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 14:51 Kxmode

Icewind wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 14:06:
eeeewwwwww.....the models are still unchanged.

The updated world graphics just make the models look even worse.

Uncanny valley worse?

11. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 14:06 Icewind

eeeewwwwww.....the models are still unchanged.

The updated world graphics just make the models look even worse.

10. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 11:55 Kxmode

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 11:38:
kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 11:33:
I love these overhauls. I can enjoy a game that would otherwise be outdated by today's visual standards. I wish more of these projects existed.

Well, I can very much enjoy games "outdated by today's visual standards."

Yes, I'm a shallow gamer. So, sue me!

9. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 11:38 StingingVelvet

kxmode wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 11:33:
I love these overhauls. I can enjoy a game that would otherwise be outdated by today's visual standards. I wish more of these projects existed.

Well, I can very much enjoy games "outdated by today's visual standards."

8. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 11:33 Kxmode

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 11:27:
Call me crazy but this kind of overhaul is like messing with art if you ask me. I love widescreen hacks, mods that up the resolution, mods that remove fog... this kind of overhaul is too much for me though.

That said it's still awesome such things exist.

7. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 11:27 StingingVelvet

Call me crazy but this kind of overhaul is like messing with art if you ask me. I love widescreen hacks, mods that up the resolution, mods that remove fog... this kind of overhaul is too much for me though.

That said it's still awesome such things exist.

6. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 11:06 Kxmode

This trailer offers a look at what this adds to the game.

OMG!!! o_o

5. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 10:34 Kxmode

wtf_man wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 10:00:
Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind

Uh... that's Elder Scrolls III... IV was Oblivion.

Cut Brother Blue some slack! He does good deeds.

4. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 10:19 wtf_man

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2011, 10:10:
Hmmm - I might have been thinking of a different mod. At first, I thought this was about this one:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth

Not sure I'm familiar with this ome.

Looks like that rebirth one will work with the "MGE" that this article links. At least, according to the comments on Moddb.

I guess I'll have to break out my Morrowind box.

3. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 10:10 Prez

Hmmm - I might have been thinking of a different mod. At first, I thought this was about this one:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth

Not sure I'm familiar with this ome.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 10:00 wtf_man

Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind

Uh... that's Elder Scrolls III... IV was Oblivion.

Unless they are trying to do a remake on the newer Gamebryo engine that Oblivion uses... which I didn't see in the link... it looks like instructions for a bunch of mods.

1. Re: Morrowind Graphical Project Jan 4, 2011, 10:00 Prez

Awesome. Been following this one for a while. Morrowind is a great RPG, but has started looking a bit long in the tooth.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo