Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced

A screenshot on Kotaku shows an update from the Cerberus Network daily update in Mass Effect 2 revealing plans for one last round of DLC for the action/RPG before the release of Mass Effect 3 during the holiday season of this year. The update announces the Cerberus Network will cease daily updates on January 24, the first anniversary of the in-game news service, but that there will be three weeks of updates this year, saying: "A week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3."

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 4, 2011, 09:19 nin

Knowing Bioware, they'll scrap the Hammerhead entirely in ME3 and give you a completely new vehicle. Probably something that burrows underground or some other insanity...

Yeah, except that you have to scan the ground before you can borrow through it, and you'll have to refill the gas tank every hundred feet...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 4, 2011, 01:11 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 21:15:
The problem with the Mako was that it bounced around like it was made out of jello. It didn't help that a lot of the mountainous terrain was very rocky either. The Mako was slow too.

The Hammerhead in ME2 was a major improvement over the Mako in terms of speed and handling. The only downside was that its cannon and armor were incredibly weak. If those things are beefed up, the Hammerhead would make an excellent exploration vehicle for ME3.

Oh yeah...forgot the bouncing around thing. I still don't get why that was left as is and not patch-fixed. Simply make the vehicle heavier so it doesn't flop around like a fish out of water. I mean it's surrounded by a field that can literally change it's mass...wtf.

Knowing Bioware, they'll scrap the Hammerhead entirely in ME3 and give you a completely new vehicle. Probably something that burrows underground or some other insanity...

18. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 21:15 Jerykk

The problem with the Mako was that it bounced around like it was made out of jello. It didn't help that a lot of the mountainous terrain was very rocky either. The Mako was slow too.

The Hammerhead in ME2 was a major improvement over the Mako in terms of speed and handling. The only downside was that its cannon and armor were incredibly weak. If those things are beefed up, the Hammerhead would make an excellent exploration vehicle for ME3.

17. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 21:03 Slashman

There was nothing wrong with the Mako except that the thrusters were useless.

They needed to either boost you forward fast so you could traverse steep hills or up and forward.

The new hover tank is fun as well, though. My biggest complaint about it being that it is paper thin in comparison to the Mako and only has a single weapon.

Both vehicles could have seen use in ME2.

In ME1, the generic all-rock planets, all with universally terrible terrain sucked. But the fights with the Geth Armatures and other vehicles and troops were satisfying.

Bioware is on this odd kick lately where they simply forget about something that needed fixing and replace it entirely. Sometimes it works out fine(like the revamped combat in ME2) other times not so much(like the new direction for Dragon Age).

16. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 20:18 Draugr

Jerykk wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 18:51:
I'm hoping they go back to actual planet exploration in ME3. There was nothing wrong with the concept in ME1, it's just the implementation that sucked. The planets needed more variety and the Mako controlled horribly. Bioware could have just fixed these things for ME2 but instead they just threw out planet exploration entirely and replaced it with something worse.

+1

I also liked the Mako, granted the levels you got to use it on had their issues, but the vehicle was fine... I understand Im in the minority though, heh.

15. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 19:55 Jerykk

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can argue that planet scanning is more interesting than exploration. At least with exploration, you have pretty scenery to look at. With planet scanning, you're just staring at a mineral-o-meter.  

14. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 18:55 Sepharo

I got into an argument at work about the subjective interpretations of "boring" and "interesting". Two of my co-workers were adamant that the planet scanning was better than driving the Mako around on the empty planets.

13. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 18:51 Jerykk

I'm hoping they go back to actual planet exploration in ME3. There was nothing wrong with the concept in ME1, it's just the implementation that sucked. The planets needed more variety and the Mako controlled horribly. Bioware could have just fixed these things for ME2 but instead they just threw out planet exploration entirely and replaced it with something worse.  

12. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 17:24 Draugr

Slashman wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 16:58:
Now that's weird...

I never played through ME 2 with the same character twice.

I used only characters I imported from ME 1.

On my second playthrough with my second imported character...I got the bonus minerals. And I've been getting them ever since.

I do a lot less planet scanning on each new game...so I'm not sure what the deal is with other people's games.

It doesn't remove it entirely...but it does cut it down enough that I don't have to do it for long stretches of gameplay. It never bothered me enough that I'd try to jump through hoops to remove it though.

You'll probably also notice you get more XP then your first run through, thats because all new games are flagged with these bonuses after you beat it the first time around.

11. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 17:23 Draugr

Tumbler wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 12:10:
I'm enjoying the hell out of Dragon Age Origins ultimate edition, if they release an ultimate edition of ME2 and make planet scanning as simple as firing one probe into the planet and getting all the resources I'd pick this game up and play through it again.

In fact I want to, I just can't force myself to do it knowing that some planet scanning will be required.

Or grab the save editor and avoid planet scanning altogether.

10. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 17:18 StingingVelvet

I'm the weirdo who, despite not liking mini-games usually, was never bothered by planet scanning. I only did it a couple times and got all the minerals I needed to upgrade everything.  

9. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 16:58 Slashman

Now that's weird...

I never played through ME 2 with the same character twice.

I used only characters I imported from ME 1.

On my second playthrough with my second imported character...I got the bonus minerals. And I've been getting them ever since.

I do a lot less planet scanning on each new game...so I'm not sure what the deal is with other people's games.

It doesn't remove it entirely...but it does cut it down enough that I don't have to do it for long stretches of gameplay. It never bothered me enough that I'd try to jump through hoops to remove it though.

8. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 16:28 Tumbler

Does this only work if you restart a second game with the same character? Because I started a new character (well, an old ME1 imported save actually) and I didn't get any minerals besides the paltry amounts you get for importing an old character. Nowhere close to the 50k you mention.

Yes, you have to use your original character to play through the game again and the game lets you keep all your upgrades and weapons and such, and you start with a large chunk of resources, but unless they've dropped the price on things those 50,000 of each doesn't seem like much, if I remember correctly the upgraded planet scanner was 40,000 of one of those resources...so it seemed like i'd be doing more scanning...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

7. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 16:13 PropheT

spindoctor wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 15:49:
Does this only work if you restart a second game with the same character? Because I started a new character (well, an old ME1 imported save actually) and I didn't get any minerals besides the paltry amounts you get for importing an old character. Nowhere close to the 50k you mention.

Yeah, you have to start a new game with the same character to get it unfortunately.

It still doesn't prevent you from having to do it entirely, though, even if you do have it.

6. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 15:49 spindoctor

Tumbler wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 12:10:

In fact I want to, I just can't force myself to do it knowing that some planet scanning will be required.

Just use a save game editor and give yourself all the minerals you could need. That's what I'm going to be doing with my 2nd playthrough. I don't care if they updated it to be twice as fast with the scanner twice as big or anything like that... I don't want to waste a single minute doing that useless shit.

Coolone wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 15:41:
If you've beaten ME2 already, then you get 50,000 of each resource for the next time you play through it. Made my life much easier with regards to upgrades.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by slash

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

5. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 15:41 Coolone

If you've beaten ME2 already, then you get 50,000 of each resource for the next time you play through it. Made my life much easier with regards to upgrades.

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by slash

4. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 15:39 Slashman

Plus if you've played it through once, you start with a huge pile of resources anyway.  

3. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 15:35 Tumbler

I don't think I played it when the update was applied, I was watching a you tube video that showed what I think was the new version and that target thing is bigger than I remember it after you upgraded it in game, so I look forward to playing through the Ultimate Edition should it ever come out!  

2. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 15:21 Flatline

Have you played it since they updated the scanning? It's about 4 times as fast and the scanner icon is about twice as big as it used to be. Takes me about a minute to scan a planet nowadays. It's a big improvement over the pile of turd that it used to be.  

1. Re: Final Mass Effect 2 DLC Announced Jan 3, 2011, 12:10 Tumbler

I'm enjoying the hell out of Dragon Age Origins ultimate edition, if they release an ultimate edition of ME2 and make planet scanning as simple as firing one probe into the planet and getting all the resources I'd pick this game up and play through it again.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo