Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New Final Fantasy Trademark

Siliconera reports a new trademark registration filed by Square Enix for Final Fantasy Type-0, which may be the title of the next game in the long-running Final Fantasy series of role-playing games. Besides the trademark, Squeenix has also filed a related logo, suggesting whatever they have planned for this is already beyond the preliminary stages.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 2, 2011, 03:02 space captain

heroin wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 15:11:
Oh yeah? How did you brilliantly think that up?! Or are you always this daft? My god, I think Space Captain might just be a GENIUS!
Nahnah

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 21:26 PHJF

Yeah, on fucking NDS. DQVIII was so fantastic in no small part to its stellar production. You can't pull that shit off on a 128MB cartridge. And I've been waiting five million fucking years for Golden Sun to make the jump to an actual system, and where does it show up? On fucking NDS. Mother FUCKER.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 15:30 killer_roach

Cram wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 06:11:
I've been a Die-hard FF fan since '90 when FF1 came out on the NES in North America (up until '01). I've been calling for the end of Final Fantasy for almost decade since the release of FFX.

Fucking go away! Square, you ruined this shit 10 years ago. Stop it! Why are the sheeple still buying this trash? STOP! It's over people! It's not Final Fantasy anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years! Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!? They aren't even good general JRPGS anymore!

If you want the same JRPG experience over and over again, Dragon Quest is over that way. The FF series, past the first three games, have been a bit more of a lab to try new concepts and then discard them come time for the next game.

I will say, however, that the PS2 generation was not kind to a lot of JRPGs, as they focused more on trying to make the games deeper and more strategic and ultimately made the systems in a lot of them confusing as all hell (which, sadly, is as much an archetype of Japanese game development as spiky hair and anime eyes, and it still is -- Gran Turismo 5 and its ghastly UI says hi).

8. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 15:11 heroin

Oh yeah? How did you brilliantly think that up?! Or are you always this daft? My god, I think Space Captain might just be a GENIUS!  

7. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 08:28 space captain

i doubt that western audience is the primary market  
Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 07:17 Kajetan

Cram wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 06:11:
Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!?
Because it says "Final Fantasy" on the box. And FF STILL has a good reputation.

5. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 06:11 Cram

I've been a Die-hard FF fan since '90 when FF1 came out on the NES in North America (up until '01). I've been calling for the end of Final Fantasy for almost decade since the release of FFX.

Fucking go away! Square, you ruined this shit 10 years ago. Stop it! Why are the sheeple still buying this trash? STOP! It's over people! It's not Final Fantasy anymore and hasn't been for 10+ years! Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!? They aren't even good general JRPGS anymore!

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2011, 06:20.

4. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 02:26 Acleacius

It's not so much East or West, it's their arrogant fixation with an inferior platform and lowest common denominator of gaming.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

3. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Dec 31, 2010, 23:01 Cutter

I never cared for any of this Jap-crpg crap myself, but I did enjoy Fantasy Island.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Dec 31, 2010, 21:52 Lorcin

7 & 9 - incredible works of cinematic gameplay. The rest can get to hell. They need to stop trying to sell to the west and accept their biggest hit worked because it was so intrinsically non-western.  

1. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Dec 31, 2010, 14:37 Wallshadows

Aren't their finances in dire straights and in the red after they released their latest online turd?

I have an idea, scrap all your current FF projects and simply remake 7. I would buy a PS3 for that alone and I'm sure many others would too.

After you do that, make another Tactics title and profit.

I'll be waiting for my sack of money.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo