Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Bad Company 2 Stats

The Battlefield Blog has an update on issues that are being reported with stats collection for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam on all platforms. Here's word:

Regarding the stats issues that have been occuring for some players on PS3, Xbox 360 and the PC Platform, here is an update on the issue.

The stats databases are being overloaded for the platforms since Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are hugely popular with a lot of players playing online at the same time.

What is noteworthy though, is that although players seem to be losing their unlocks and rank progression, the stats are however logged on our side which means that no rank progressions or unlocks will be lost. It also means that whatever stats you achieve in your current game, will be added to your stats after a few hours. For more information regarding the issue, this background post will probably rid you of some questions.

We are working on a permanent solution and to resolve this issue and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 11:31 Dev

justice7 wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 10:00:
kinda hard to bash them for this; stat collecting is a very difficult thing to do on the scale these guys are doing it.

They could have everything set up the way they "think" it will go, real world scenarios dictate it works a little differently.
Hmm. Let me think. Its EA. They've done BF games before with stat tracking on this scale (I bet BF2 has had more people playing simultaneously). They know the difficulty and have experienced it before. They have PLENTY of resources (time, employees, money) to do it right. Yet they don't.
And this isn't the first time they've let a BF game fall through the cracks. Wasn't there a BF2 patch they delayed for a couple years? Just search blues for BF related postings there's lots of crap EA has pulled or let slide.

So no, I don't find it hard. If it was a random indie, yeah I'd hold back. But EA?

Mac wrote on Dec 30, 2010, 05:11:
Certainly better than COD which just randomly resets your stats, unlocks and rank ...
MW2? Thats NOT random from what I hear. I understand its hacked/modded PC servers that reset your stats either to zero or to max. There's ways to backup your profile from what I recall.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 10:00 justice7

kinda hard to bash them for this; stat collecting is a very difficult thing to do on the scale these guys are doing it.

They could have everything set up the way they "think" it will go, real world scenarios dictate it works a little differently.

6. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 05:11 Mac

Certainly better than COD which just randomly resets your stats, unlocks and rank ...  

5. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 03:54 Arithon

There's a problem with the stats? I hadn't noticed..  

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 30, 2010, 03:18 Esoteric

To be fair, that IS a lot of actions that need to be simultaneously computed. I know they planned the event ahead of time, so of course they're blameworthy, but still. Millions of events each day.  

3. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 29, 2010, 23:29 Sepharo

Our game is so awesome it overloads our number tracking thingamajigger!  

2. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 29, 2010, 23:21 Overon

Another example of lack of foresight and incompetence.  

1. Re: On Bad Company 2 Stats Dec 29, 2010, 22:20 Tanto Edge

We are working on a permanent solution
Like adding servers? I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo