Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced

Battlefront.com announces Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy, a new Combat Mission game set in World War II that's currently in beta testing. Word is: "Building upon the legacy started 10 years ago with the release of the ground smashing Combat Mission Beyond Overlord, CM:BN incorporates years of experience and customer suggestions to produce what we think is the most genuine and enjoyable simulation of tactical ground warfare of World War Two. CM:BN is based on the extremely powerful proprietary CMx2 engine - the foundation for which was laid with the Combat Mission Shock Force series of Modern tactical warfare games. The CMx2 game engine is now in its 4th year of improvements and expansions, not the least of which are the host of brand new features necessary to simulate WW2 warfare in a temperate climate."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced Dec 25, 2010, 10:17 JaguarUSF

Prez wrote on Dec 25, 2010, 03:55:
The 3 to 8 scale is weird

Gotta be unique! By the way, I do give some 1's and some 2's, but I try not to ask for crappy games to review

but I gotta say your reviews are some of the best around

My ego thanks you!

The only thing I wish they had are screenshots

You and a bunch of others. I don't put them for a couple of reasons: (a) pages load faster without graphics, making the reviews suitable for mobile platforms and slow Internet connections, and (b) it's more work for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced Dec 25, 2010, 03:55 Prez

The 3 to 8 scale is weird, but I gotta say your reviews are some of the best around, Jag. The only thing I wish they had are screenshots.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced Dec 24, 2010, 21:31 JaguarUSF

Probably be similar to Afghanistan, which was essentially a mission and unit pack.  

2. Re: Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced Dec 24, 2010, 16:36 Prez

I was hoping for a different Theater, like maybe Korea. But this will probably still be cool - I've liked all of the Combat Mission games so far.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Combat Mission - Battle for Normandy Announced Dec 24, 2010, 15:22 Marvin T. Martian

RTS or Turn based???
RTS are not for me.
This game is has both--players choice.
"Knowing that RealTime play is not for everyone, Combat Mission Battle for Normandy also offers the same ground breaking WeGo hybrid turn based system that propelled the original Combat Mission games to an unprecedented three Wargame of the Year Awards from PC Gamer magazine. Better still, the underlying RealTime mechanics overcome several game play problems found in the old Combat Mission WeGo system.

Play the game as you want, against the AI in Realtime or Turn Based Mode or against another Human player in Realtime TCP/IP or WeGo in PBEM (Play by Email) and Hotseat."

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo