Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer

A new Operation Flashpoint: Red River trailer offers gameplay from Codemasters' upcoming military shooter sequel in a clip that profiles Staff Sergeant Damian Knox, one of the game's characters. Word is: "The trailer demonstrates some of the wide range of combat scenarios which players will encounter in the gameís diverse new battlefield of Tajikistan, with Knoxís narration detailing his personal take on the conflict. From defending bases to sweeping through mountains, villages and towns to flush out entrenched enemies, Knox and his Marine Fireteams are shown engaging insurgents at range and close-quarters, supported by ground and air support. In an awesome display of power, A10 bombers are shown obliterating an insurgent stronghold with a strafing bombing run before the marines sweep in." The embedded version follows.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 22, 2010, 12:16 Drayth

Hey SirKnight, Fuck You! First off asshole you donít know a fucking thing about me, my age or what gaming Iíve done.

Secondly Iíve gamed more in my life time then you ever have.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 Darks

Hey SirKnight, Fuck You! First off asshole you donít know a fucking thing about me, my age or what gaming Iíve done. Secondly Iíve gamed more in my life time then you ever have. That I will guarantee! So piss the fuck off. And ARMA 2 Arrowhead is a full on piece of shit. The game still crashes. It has issues with LAN cards of certain bran and issues with Quad Core CPUs and ASUS Motherboards. No ARMA 2 Sucks ass and so do their developers. I tried getting help on their forums and not one fucking dev offered any advice or help. They are more concerned with who is pirating their game then to help someone who had legitimate problems and tired to get them resolved. I ended up getting a refund and will never, fucking ever buy another one of their buggy ass games again.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 22, 2010, 01:16 Jerykk

It's a shame they can't combine the polish and presentation of the new OFP games with the depth and ambition of the ArmA games. As it stands, I'll stick with the depth and ambition.  

13. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 22, 2010, 00:09 The One

I hope they smoothed out some of the bugs since I last played OPFLASHPOINT.  

12. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 21:46 SirKnight

Jedi Master wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 19:30:
Considering I have a good 160 hrs in Arma 2 (according to Steam's counter) and it has maybe crashed on me once that wasn't related to a mod error, I don't know what you're talking about.

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is the best thing they've ever done, and the British Armed Forces DLC was great. PMC...kinda lame, but what game hasn't received dumb DLC?

As for OFP:DR, I bought it for $4.50 on Steam and that's about what it was worth. It was just...shallow.

Yup.

I was a moron and bought into the hype and paid full price. Bah. I will not do that again. I buy Bohemia's DLCs for Arma 2 on launch day and have not been disappointed.

DR was not only shallow, but bland, boring, life-less and felt like a lot was missing. It constantly felt like a beta at most to me the whole time. The only cool time I had with the game was a zombie mod someone made.

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 21:42 SirKnight

Darks wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 18:13:
Whaaa!! Cry me a river you bunch and whining cry babies! The first game was not that bad, it must be your horrid gaming thatís the problem. This game was actually very good as a Coop game with 4 people. Just because you all hated it and liked that piece of shit ARMA 2 that crashed every 15 mins. Doesnít mean other donít like this game or the new add-on. I never once had this game crash on me, but ARMA 2 what a piece of unpolished shit that game was. If you doubt me about all the crashes go and read the Steam forums along with ARMAS forums. Itís chalked full of complaints.

First of all, it's obvious you are very young and don't have much history of gaming. If you would have been a long time fan of the original OFP you would know why DR is the biggest POS ever. I don't like the CoD style of gameplay but I'll play that over DR any day.

Second, Arma 2 did have issues at launch, but that was a couple years ago and is quite solid now. The latest version and the expansions/DLC makes it the best tactical mil shooter in existence. There's a reason why real world militaries use a variation of it called VBS2. I also have no issues with the game other than my CPU not able to handle some of the larger more complex scenes.

Also, if you go to a forum of any game it's loaded with issues. I go to the bohemia forums all the time and I see a lot more praise than complaints these days.

10. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 19:30 Jedi Master

Considering I have a good 160 hrs in Arma 2 (according to Steam's counter) and it has maybe crashed on me once that wasn't related to a mod error, I don't know what you're talking about.

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead is the best thing they've ever done, and the British Armed Forces DLC was great. PMC...kinda lame, but what game hasn't received dumb DLC?

As for OFP:DR, I bought it for $4.50 on Steam and that's about what it was worth. It was just...shallow.

9. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 19:00 LittleMe

The first Codemasters OF game was just recently on sale for $5. I passed on it. Not even worth $5. Ouch. What a console POS wanting to be a hardcore PC game but being clueless on how to do it.

I'm glad they are still trying. No harm to me, as long as I don't buy their turds. Maybe one day, decades from now, they'll get it right.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 18:13 Darks

Whaaa!! Cry me a river you bunch and whining cry babies! The first game was not that bad, it must be your horrid gaming thatís the problem. This game was actually very good as a Coop game with 4 people. Just because you all hated it and liked that piece of shit ARMA 2 that crashed every 15 mins. Doesnít mean other donít like this game or the new add-on. I never once had this game crash on me, but ARMA 2 what a piece of unpolished shit that game was. If you doubt me about all the crashes go and read the Steam forums along with ARMAS forums. Itís chalked full of complaints.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 13:51 CommunistHamster

Knox and his Marine Fireteams are shown engaging insurgents at range and close-quarters, supported by ground and air support. In an awesome display of power, A10 bombers are shown obliterating an insurgent stronghold with a strafing bombing run before the marines sweep in

I've already done this exact sequence of events, several times, in ARMA 2 multiplayer coop. Just give up, codemasters, and put the dev team to working on a personal project they'd enjoy and consequently put more effort into.

6. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 13:26 Wildone

cus ignorant people keep buying them. Look at SAW!  

5. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 12:32 eRe4s3r

How come the bad games always get sequels?  

4. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 12:17 SirKnight

FAILgame.

I just hope this will be the last time they drag the OFP name through the mud.

3. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 12:16 vermin

the writing in this game amazes me. the previous trailer was a constant droning of complete crap aswell. unbelievable  

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 11:41 Wildone

DR was the biggest pile of shite I've played in the last 10-15 years  

1. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Dec 21, 2010, 11:18 ASeven

Oh look, another doctored trailer, like the last one for DR.

Shit, if people buy this game after the DR debacle I'll officially lose my faith in humanity, or at least gamers.

Hah, who am I kidding? Gamers tend to be the most stupid of all consumers, they'll probably eat this game up and then whine and bitch again like they did with DR when the game proved to be rather crappy.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo