Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy solstice, as today is the first day of winter in the northern hemisphere, and the beginning of summer (such as it is) in the southern. This converged with the lunar eclipse in the wee hours of this morning, but not to worry if you missed it, since you'll be able to catch another eclipse/solstice combination in 2094. Maybe this double event (not to mention the Ursids meteor shower) is to blame for my flaky computer, as I found my machine in the middle of a continuous stream of reboots this morning, and it even spontaneously shut down from safe mode. It seems to be fine now, but it only worked after a 15 minute time out.

R.I.P.: 'Barney Miller' star Steve Landesberg dies. Thanks scorcese.fan.

Lunar Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Garden Gnome Carnage.
Effective Attack.
Frontline Defense 2.
Links: Videogame Characters Invade Real Facebook.
Apollo 18 Finds Aliens in ‘Lost’ NASA Footage. Thanks Paul.
Stories: Gimme Shell-ter! Chinese Man Evicted From Giant Egg.
Science: 'Brown Fat' Injections: New Hope For The Obesity Epidemic?
Images: APOD- 2010 December 21 - Tyrrhenian Sea and Solstice Sky. Thanks brother19.
Media: 8 Epic Fan-made Videogame Movie Trailers.
R2-D2 Tortoise and Yoda Dog.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2010, 10:08 nin

He's actually just like Flynn in the original movie

Exactly. I went back and watched the original 6 months ago, and Flynn and The Dude are very similar.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 20:25 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2010, 15:31:
Oh yeah, and Jeff Bridges is basically channeling is Jeffery Lebowski in this. I swear most of what he was doing was watching The Dude in Tron.

I thought he was great in it. He's actually just like Flynn in the original movie, it's just a little hard not to see the Dude after hearing him say similar things in that movie :p

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 20:21 LittleMe

Saw the lunar eclipse last night. Perfectly clear skies here. Pretty cool stuff. Gets dark but not pitch black. I'm waiting for the 2094 even too, blue. Can't wait. Hopefully won't have to upgrade my PC until then.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 15:31 Cutter

Just got back from Tron (or as Captain Kirk would have yelled...TROOOOONNNN!) and it rocked. Well, at least the visuals rocked. It wasn't really anything good, nor really bad, just an average story that you'd watch on a bored, rainy Sunday afternoon. The only reason to see it on the big screen is for the visuals and they really are freakin' awesome. And of course it ends with several things all indicating a sequel.

It's odd how many guys went on about how hot Olivia Wilde is when the chick that played Gem (Beau Garret) was teh smokin' hawtness! OMG that girl just oooooozed sex/sensuality. I won't lie, she definitely gave me some mahogany. I could die a fufilled man after the doing the old horizontal love mambo with her.

Michael Sheen was brilliant as always in his Bowie-esque character. And Daft Punk is still ahead of their time.

All in all it's worth seeing on the big screen for the visuals alone. And so long as you're not expecting anything great and just go along for the ride it's a fairly good time.

Teh Hawtness!

Oh yeah, and Jeff Bridges is basically channeling is Jeffery Lebowski in this. I swear most of what he was doing was watching The Dude in Tron.

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2010, 15:58.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 15:02 Hoop

We hit 90 fahrenheit yesterday, very windy though. (should'nt have had that Indian food)  

Um .. Behind you...

2. eclipse Dec 21, 2010, 11:58 Jim

I was joking with my friends from the observatory this morning that given how we are often able to view the off-peak activity of meteor showers when the peak is clouded out, that since we were clouded (snowed) out of the eclipse this morning, that maybe we'll be able to catch some residual traces of eclipse tonight seeing as the clear sky chart shows much better conditions.

Jim

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2010, 11:49 xXBatmanXx

Wow. After going to the Vikes/Bears game last night - I am jealous of the teams that have outdoor stadiums. I was very impressed. They did a great job to make a great experience for everyone that was there - even though the game didn't turn out the way i wanted.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo